Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Sticking with P3DV5 even with the developers leaving

Goodness,  another 86 yo I came on this thread while searching for the advantages (or not) of upgrading from v4 to 5. I too have been around since FS95, buying airplanes, scenery and whatever  that I thought would provide the opportunity to relive days gone by.  while presently in the midst of upgrading my system my thoughts were leading me to look at v5 however, reading your thoughts I will enjoy what I have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

I am 44 and plan on staying with p3d and x-plane. i bought MSFS, but it just wasn't for me. i have just spent way to much money on current sims to start rebuying add-ons for a sim i am not all that into. Maybe down the road. I started with fs9, but i did play fs98 a few times. I am just the type if it works don't change it i guess.

• Like 2

I saw a new young pretty girl yesterday. Think I'll get rid of my Wife of 30yrs and go for the new prettier girl , Hollow but she looks better. 🙂

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I saw a new young pretty girl yesterday. Think I'll get rid of my Wife of 30yrs and go for the new prettier girl , Hollow but she looks better. 🙂

That’s the same analogy I’ve used in the past. Still holds true. 😉

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

beware with the analogy because by the current way of saying things in the forums about the choice of simulators, you'd keep both at home and continue "using" the old one while enjoying the new one... 🤣

• Like 7

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

28 minutes ago, RXP said:

beware with the analogy because by the current way of saying things in the forums about the choice of simulators, you'd keep both at home and continue "using" the old one while enjoying the new one... 🤣

And not admitting either! 😉 Jean Luc is ther any hope ever of implementing your GTN in MSFS?  I will always stay loyal to P3d if not. One of the first customers of yours with the 530 way back when! Even before WAAS!

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2

One of the reasons why I have not yet migrated to MSFS 2020 is due to no GTN 750 & 650 has been developed for that sim platform. Therefore, I will also "stay loyal to P3d" for that reason; I would also consider X-plane 12, if it becomes a reality, if the RXP 750 & 650 will be updated for that sim platform.. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

I am 44 and plan on staying with p3d and x-plane. i bought MSFS, but it just wasn't for me. i have just spent way to much money on current sims to start rebuying add-ons for a sim i am not all that into. Maybe down the road. I started with fs9, but i did play fs98 a few times. I am just the type if it works don't change it i guess.

This. I'm not going to leave my awesome payware planes for a bunch of CTRL-E stuff just because it looks better. I spend 99% of the time inside the cockpit anyway and that's where the true beauty is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

10 hours ago, raymie said:

One of the reasons why I have not yet migrated to MSFS 2020 is due to no GTN 750 & 650 has been developed for that sim platform. Therefore, I will also "stay loyal to P3d" for that reason; I would also consider X-plane 12, if it becomes a reality, if the RXP 750 & 650 will be updated for that sim platform.. 

https://msfsaddons.com/2021/04/13/garmin-gtn-750-touchscreen-avionics-now-available-for-msfs/

Free and Premium versions available

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This. I'm not going to leave my awesome payware planes for a bunch of CTRL-E stuff just because it looks better. I spend 99% of the time inside the cockpit anyway and that's where the true beauty is.

Again, more nonsense that MSFS is just Ctrl-E stuff

As has been said many times many ways....  There are more than enough valid reasons for people to stick with P3D but there is also some real fallacies and comments made here as well that have no validity.  BTW you know CTRL-E has been around flightsim for as long as I can remember.  It's not like it was introduced to dumb down MSFS or something.   Go fly the DC6 or Connie in MSFS without a flight engineer and come back and tell us how it's all ctrl-e.  Someone call in Mythbusters... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

11 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

And not admitting either! 😉 Jean Luc is ther any hope ever of implementing your GTN in MSFS?  I will always stay loyal to P3d if not. One of the first customers of yours with the 530 way back when! Even before WAAS!

Speaking of "way back then", we're a few weeks away from our first product release 20 years ago, the Apollo GPS. This has been an incredible journey with you all ever since and I feel privileged and blessed to have the chance to meet everyone of you virtually or in real life. I thank you for your enduring journey with RXP, and I hope we'll continue to provide you many more hours of enjoyment and authenticity with our future products!

• Like 4

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

47 minutes ago, psolk said:

Again, more nonsense that MSFS is just Ctrl-E stuff

(...)

Go fly the DC6 or Connie in MSFS without a flight engineer and come back and tell us how it's all ctrl-e.  Someone call in Mythbusters... 

Well, it is mostly, and what's wrong with that? FS98, FS9, FSX were the exact same when they appeared. The most funny case is the FBW 320 which people claim to be the next big thing while it is about the same as the default when systems come into play, but i digress...

I don't use the DC-6, it's something i don't like and it is one of the (great) exceptions indeed. It's way way early to move into MSFS unless you're on the CTRL-E crew, maybe i should have used different words.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

10 hours ago, raymie said:

I thank you for your kind words and support!

You can rest assured we're working on XP12 already 🙂 and we'll definitely support P3D5 and P3D6 as well*

*unless they drastically change the SDK so much and they completely ignore us and don't answer our emails (or worse...)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Well, it is mostly, and what's wrong with that? FS98, FS9, FSX were the exact same when they appeared. The most funny case is the FBW 320 which people claim to be the next big thing while it is about the same as the default when systems come into play, but i digress...

I honestly like the CTRL+E option for those moments I want to please myself with a flight but don't have much time ahead for the pre flight. This doesn't disqualify the intrinsic nature of a simulator to me for a simple reason: the aircraft is still intrinsically modeled from authentically recreated simulated systems, whether I manually flip a series of switches in sequence, or I let automatism doing it for me.

However, I don't find the remark about FBW funny at all. As a matter of fact, I'm quite amazed of the many things they are achieving with the A320 (given the "platform" it is running onto), and I'm even a little sadden they seem to be completely left aside even though they've proven they are probably mastering the JS/HTML and the system simulations at least equally as well in my opinion (if not better) than some others who are much more privileged right now.

• Like 3