Sign in to follow this  
dmwalker

Congratulations to Queen Elizabeth on her Platinum Jubbly

Congratulations, from the colonies! Seriously, she is the rock upon which Great Britian rests, standing strong for the world to see. 

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Jubbly??  Jubilee maybe??🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

14 minutes ago, charliearon said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60218573

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

32 minutes ago, charliearon said:

In the case of poor writing, we must take intermediate and effeminate action!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

In the case of poor writing, we must take intermediate and effeminate action!

Cheers!

You are trading on skin lice here

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Err, thanks lads. I'll let her know you send your congratulations the next time she invites me to a garden party. 

Although the Andrew thing has no doubt put a bit of a downer on the occasion. 

Perpetual power and wealth based on inexistent blue blood. 🥳

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I remember when she ascended to the throne.  It was a big year for me.  It was the year I joined the Marine Corps.  We didn't have television back then but the radio and newspapers were covering it and we saw it in the newsreels in the theaters.

More than 40 years later I was at the annual Highland Festival in Estes Park Colorado.  The high point was the performance of the Queen's Scots Guards.  They were magnificent.  Especially the toe dance around crossed swords.  

I was so impressed I called the British consulate in Washington and asked for Queen's address so I could write her a note thanking her for sending them over to the 'colonies'.

I sent the letter and to my surprise I got a reply.  Not from the queen, of course.  I don't know if she even read it.  But it a nice note signed by a brigadier on Buckingham Palace stationery.  It's one of my few keepsakes.

Noel

• Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, GCBraun said:

And still working at an age when everyone else has retired. The Queen is 95 and still receives daily papers from the government to sign. She has a weekly meeting with the PM. Her children, two who are over the retirement age, continue to work most days. Most is unreported by the press.

The Sovereign has no real power. She cannot sack any prime minister. It’s a constitutional position.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, GCBraun said:

Well, better have some blue blood that are a pillar of a country which has had one of the longest uninterrupted democratic elections cycle in the world than the upstarts that brought devastation to the Continent last century. Just sayin’

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

On 2/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, GCBraun said:

In reality, very little power at all. She is a constitutional monarch, a non-political non-executive figure head. The power and decision making rests with the democratically elected Parliament.

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

She is a symbol of the continuity of the empire.  That's not bad.  What we have here in the colonies is our Constitution.  But it gets abused and battered about from time to time.  Not so your queen.  I have great deal of respect for her.  Another thing I like about the British is their pomp and ceremony.  Nobody in the world does it like they do from a pipe band in the hinterlands to the Queen in her carriage.  I love watching it.

Noel

• Like 3

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.