Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 12 Cirrus SR22 Trailer

LR dropped another video on the SR22. Also includes some new scenery elements

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Looking nice ! 😍

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Clouds look awesome, really nice overall.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Really like sky, clouds and atmospherics.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Amazing!

It feels like LA is a new focus for the demo (I think they did mention it won't be seattle anymore), New lax, sanata monica, LA landmarks...also a nice spot for the upcoming beaches rendering. 

Can't wait for a "new global scenery trailer" with all the pieces together.

The weather rendering though, wow.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mSparks said:

practically perfect in every way.

Almost, the color of the billboard trees do not blend in with the 3D tree colors. 

Loving the clouds, and the atmospheric lighting.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

This videos really capture all the parts and pieces of what sim has to offer, coming together that gives you a sense of what to look forward to. Very good job!!!!

Funny that this is the only video that shows mostly non broken stuff (i.e. how it should work according to LR, what we should expect) and this is the one that got ignored by all the MSFS warriors that came to deteriorate discussions, more so due to the fact this is the one that LR chose to show in their channel and others werecleft for BTS Austin bloopers with Michael Brown.

I really do wonder why, motives, interests, ignorance perhaps? 

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, mtaxp said:

and this is the one that got ignored

Seems to have left them speechless.

Griffith observatory shot is phenominal, the flight over the holywood sign could have been a photo. 

All the effort going into the lighting is paying off, and starting to highlight that most of XP11s scenery issues was really just down to the "first attempt" at a PBR engine that came with XP11 then thrown on the back burner to get vulkan out of the door.

And not finished with it yet... this is just the alpha...

First they laugh at you.

Then they they try to fight you.

Then Greazer finally says he is actually impressed and everyone knows the game is up.

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Funny that this is the only video that shows mostly non broken stuff (i.e. how it should work according to LR, what we should expect) and this is the one that got ignored by all the MSFS warriors that came to deteriorate discussions, more so due to the fact this is the one that LR chose to show in their channel and others werecleft for BTS Austin bloopers with Michael Brown.

That's what I'm also scratching my head about ...

• Like 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Some you guys spend too much time worrying about what some MSFS users think, enjoy what you have don't worry about the outsiders carry on nice video, I'm out.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mtaxp said:

They don't necessary have secret agendas. Secret agendas when talking about a program running on a computer sounds childish to me. Excluding the try hard trolls (which, i have to state again, are on both sides), the rest are just expecting things at a certain level considering we are in 2022. XP always aced certain aspects of flights, XP12 is their graphics update baby for a good part and this will be what i will expect them to improve (and they are).

By the way, by making such posts you are deteriorating discussions just like they are.

As for the video itself, talking about things i like (hint, it means for the other things i am satisfied with): 

• At 1:10 there is a flickering on the horizon. 
  • I am not fond of the big white blob of the sun when it's low on the horizon, it looks more like a nuclear explosion than anything else. I prefere what i see when i take pictures of the sun (Disney's Lion King, you know?) and also what others simulators show. Hopefully easily fixed.
  • 1:30 sky banding still there, but less visible. Could still be a matter of youtube video compression.
  • 2:10 cloud flickering in contact with the mountains/hills 
  • 2:18 film grain on the clouds, just like in xEnviro and MSFS.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

They don't necessary have secret agendas. 

Of course I'm talking about the obvious trolls that are deliberately biased + spreading wrong information.

• Upvote 3