Sign in to follow this  
xender

A new 757 has been announced

32 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Well, that didn't take long. This screams "Xbox market" when the dev starts making comments like this. 

spacer.png

It's entirely possible to create a great aircraft model that doesn't aim to be a study sim.

It might not be what some people want to buy but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept
Of course we have no idea how this particular one is going to pan out but the fact they aren't aiming at the PMDG market is fine by me

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

I have definitely never been happier than today! I love the pencil!

Edited by Alcides Segovia
  • Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

Well, that didn't take long. This screams "Xbox market" when the dev starts making comments like this. 

spacer.png

Oh well. Next.

• Like 2

To me the question. Are we talking high fidelity but no failures, or a lesser level than that 

• Like 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I thought JustFlight's BAe146 was considered to be rather detailed? Don't see why some feel the need to bring the snark.

PMDG has alluded to a 757 in their pipeline. Given the adoration shown on this sub-forum  over PMDG's upcoming 737, you'd think that those disparaging JF's efforts shown here would never have considered buying anything other than a PMDG 757 anyway.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

No! I hate the 757! Boo! 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Should be a winner! 

Just hope the price is reasonable,  if its 60 bucks I'm in.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

757 greatest airliner ever build IMO. I do recall JF having a Freeware 757 for FSX. It was fairly good visually but no complex systems.

6 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

This 2005?

Nope, November last year: https://fselite.net/content/pmdg-dc-6-737-and-more-coming-to-marketplace-teasing-possible-757-in-development/

Anyway, seems we're in for a long wait for this JF/Bluebird 757, release date in the first half of 2023: https://fselite.net/content/bluebird-simulations-announces-boeing-757-for-msfs/

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I thought JustFlight's BAe146 was considered to be rather detailed? Don't see why some feel the need to bring the sark.

PMDG has alluded to a 757 in their pipeline. Given the adoration shown on this sub-forum  over PMDG's upcoming 737, you'd think that those disparaging JF's efforts shown here would never have considered buying anything other than a PMDG 757 anyway.

The 777 and 747 are next for PMDG to release to MSFS. Assume for a moment that the 777 comes before the 747 from PMDG for MSFS (from my understanding, PMDG has not made a decision on whether the 777 is next or the 747 is next, but for the sake of this example, assume the 777 comes before the 747).  Then the 777 from PMDG may come in 2023.  And the 747 perhaps in 2024.  Let's assume PMDG does the 757 after releasing the 747, which may not be the case (for all we know, maybe PMDG decides to do a DC3 or some other plane after they release the 747).  That's potentially a 2025 release for the 757, three years from now, from PMDG.

JustFlight is estimating a release for their 757 in 2023.  I'm not so sure some people want to wait until 2025 for a 757 from PMDG.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

(for all we know...)

We don't know, so this is all supposition.

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

[...] JustFlight is estimating a release for their 757 in 2023.  I'm not so sure some people want to wait until 2025 for a 757 from PMDG.  

Even if it is 2025 before PMDG delivers, anyone who wants a 'study level' 757 will wait.

I don't think PMDG cares that a less detailed competitor add-on will release before theirs does.

Those 757 fans who just want the model, will be able to get their hands on the JF/Bluebird version upto 2 years sooner (per your assumption). Come 2025, this group can decide if a PMDG version is worth paying again to get a more detailed add-on. This won't make or break the viability of the PMDG 757.

Count me in to wait for the PMDG variant. PMDG has a proven track record for high quality. Now if the Blue Bird simulations receives some good reviews. I may jump in to just support them and fly their bird around. I no long buy payware without reading and viewing reviews on YouTube. All in all three years ago who would have thought we would be seeing all these advances in Flight Simulations? I am just happy to see this hobby progressing and gaining more steam. Thank you to Microsoft, Asobo, and most of the 3rd party developers...! 

• Like 1

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Back in about 1991 as a young teenager I saved enough to fly solo on Northwest Madison, Wi to Knoxville, TN to visit a friend who had moved (still my friend now many decades later.)

Anyway I rode a Northwest DC9-30 in white and red Republic partial repaint from  KMSN up to KMSP then rode my first 757-200 in full Northwest thermometer red tail livery paint from KMSP to KMEM Memphis...I remember the takeoff being so steep that the G forces made me momentarily lightheaded as we lifted off...and absolutely gorgeous Northwest flight attendants...and a tasty tuna salad with pink Jello fluff desert...and the Northwest red tail logo in carpet on the rear bulkhead by the rear bathrooms....a great trip!

Followed by a KMEM right back to KMEM emergency landing in a battle-worn DC9-10 with a landing gear issue “they thought they’d fixed earlier that day up in Omaha” when we tried to fly to KTYS. (Hopefully someone creates a DC-9)

Many pleasurable 757 trips after that first one...my last being a quick night flight on a UA 757-200 from EWR to Edinburgh with my wife with an early morning landing at a city we instantly loved and being 25% Scottish I felt instantly at home in.

A great plane With great personal memories...needless to say I’ll be buying this!

• Like 2