Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing - Available now

56 minutes ago, Sceadu said:

Isnt that a something all prop singles are lacking in MSFS?, from the start Ive noticed little or zero need for rudder in high alpha slow speed climbs in all prop singles

Not all and definitely not 3rd part paid one like Kodiak

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 3/3/2022 at 4:28 AM, Rattso said:

Just got it this morning - great fun - a friend had VH-UXP in the early 60's & was great fun - called 'yellow bird' - but having only flown it this morning my question is there a version with an ILS?

Looks like she's wearing blue now.

https://flightsim.to/file/28981/beechcraft-d17-staggerwing-vh-uxp-2012

This folder contains a repaint for the Beechcraft D17 Staggerwing for MSFS by Carenado, in the colors of Beech D17 Staggerwing VH-UXP (c/n 108). This is a Prewar Australian Staggerwing that was impressed into the RAAF as A39-2 and after the war restored back to civil. It is still airworthy after a long restoration by Cam Hawley, flying since 2012 in the colors of this repaint. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the textures by Carenado.

beechcraft-d17-staggerwing-vh-uxp-2012-x

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Years ago I had the occasion to fly in one. It was like getting into a luxury living room. The woodwork was beautiful. I recall, when the door closed, it had a solid feel. And just sitting on the tarmac it was beautiful. I've been havong a blast in MSFS with this bird. 

I am very envious Mr. Moderator! What a memory to have been in the finest aircraft built in it’s time. This is my all time favourite GA classic and was excited to learn that it was coming to MSFS! Now it is here. Imagine if we could fly with 1930’s scenery just for kicks!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

I've got this bird and really liked it, but I'm unable to open the door. I can crank both the windows down, but the door doesen't hav any clickable spot on the handle. Any suggestions?

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

1 hour ago, Cloudpiercing said:

I've got this bird and really liked it, but I'm unable to open the door. I can crank both the windows down, but the door doesen't hav any clickable spot on the handle. Any suggestions?

The door behind the pilot seat will open. This door only.

• Like 1

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Thanks Doering 👍

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Has anyone else noticed that if you roll the windows down in flight you overstress the plane and crash?

55 minutes ago, eslader said:

Has anyone else noticed that if you roll the windows down in flight you overstress the plane and crash?

Yes, this has been reported on the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eslader said:

I just disable aircraft stress.   I'm not planning on ripping the wings of anything,  anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I just disable aircraft stress.   I'm not planning on ripping the wings of anything,  anyway.

As did I... with silly little things like opening a vent window leading to the sudden loss of the aeroplane and all souls on board, it's more realistic to fly with aircraft stress turned off, than on.  Like I'm gonna be sucked out of the window of a little prop plane....well I guess that also explains Trevor Jacob... 😄

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I'd completely forgotten I'd seen two of these beauties at last year's Goodwood Revival.

P1090604.jpgP1090603.jpg

P1090605.jpg

Sadly, the owner of Red Rockette, Bill Charney, passed away in January of this year.

What with those, Red Bull's Corsair and Lightning, a Bird Dog and multiple Spitfires, it was life imitating MSFS art!😊 And that's before you add in some of the other aircraft which exist in freeware form (albeit of varying quality).

Edited by 109Sqn
Link to Bill Charney added.
  • Like 4

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I caved and bought this, seeing as I've seen one of the actual aircraft in person (the London Embassy one above). Obviously slightly inaccurate as it doesn't have a propeller cone but otherwise a beaut. Now if only some kind soul would create a livery for The Rockette... It's essentially the red livery with black replacing the red in the 'swoops' along with the Rockette design and tail info.

I took a test flight in Norfolk, Virginia. I'm not a fan of the lawnmower engine sound but it's lovely to fly and a challenge to land without it floating on touchdown (at least from my first effort).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

I caved and bought this, seeing as I've seen one of the actual aircraft in person (the London Embassy one above). Obviously slightly inaccurate as it doesn't have a propeller cone but otherwise a beaut. Now if only some kind soul would create a livery for The Rockette... It's essentially the red livery with black replacing the red in the 'swoops' along with the Rockette design and tail info.

I took a test flight in Norfolk, Virginia. I'm not a fan of the lawnmower engine sound but it's lovely to fly and a challenge to land without it floating on touchdown (at least from my first effort).

Did you pull the prop pitch back after takeoff?  It translates to a nice healthy purr/growl.  I believe the green range on the tach goes down to about 1900 rip'ems.

Had a ball shooting touch n'goes last night and learning how do dial in wheel landings - it seems to prefer those to the standard 3-pointer.  

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

14 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Did you pull the prop pitch back after takeoff?

I did not, but I'll give that a try!