Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

AIG Question

I tried AIG on my old PC but stopped because it brought my system to a crawl.  I upgraded and will eventually give it a try again.  My only complaint was that there were a lot of airlines parked at the wrong gates.  My question is, with payware airports (I typically fly into and out of payware), shouldn't the parking assignments be accurate?  At FSDT KORD as an example, there were American, Spirit and regional jets parked at the United gates, etc.  Do i need to download and install anything on top of the payware airports that I purchased that will have more accurate parking assignments or am I stuck with whatever the airport designer came up with in their airport?  Not a deal breaker, but I was just curious.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read somewhere that this is a limitation of the MSFS SDK at the moment and nothing to do with AIG. The scenery developers can not yet fully make gate assignments for airlines.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

5 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I tried AIG ...........  Do i need to download and install anything on top of the payware airports that I purchased that will have more accurate parking assignments or am I stuck with whatever the airport designer came up with in their airport?  

Basically, Yes.  AI parking in AFD/AFCAD design has changed from previous sims and designers are still coping with the adjustments along with other "nuances".

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Try PSXT https://www.lekseecon.nl/ and RealTraffic https://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/

When used with AIG you'll see the right airlines parked at the right gates at every airport.

The way I understand it, only if the aircraft's transponder is on and transmitting ADSB data, which happens at very large airports, others not so much.  Am I wrong on this assessment?

Regards, Kendall

7 minutes ago, irocx said:

Basically, Yes.  AI parking in AFD/AFCAD design has changed from previous sims and designers are still coping with the adjustments along with other "nuances".

The way I understand it, only if the aircraft's transponder is on and transmitting ADSB data, which happens at very large airports, others not so much.  Am I wrong on this assessment?

Sort of.  But the program also "learns" by recording when planes do park at gates (airline, type, and actual time).  This builds a database that it uses to then place planes at the gate even without a currently live broadcasting plane is there.  It also "parks" live planes and keeps the right one there even after the transponder is turned off. 

After you have a database of learned parking, it will proload planes of the right type/livery when the sim first starts next time you use.  Also, if an airport .bgl does have AFCAD it can do this even before a learned database is built.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

But the program also "learns" by recording when planes do park at gates (airline, type, and actual time).  This builds a database that it uses to then place planes at the gate even without a currently live broadcasting plane is there.  It also "parks" live planes and keeps the right one there even after the transponder is turned off. 

After you have a database of learned parking, it will proload planes of the right type/livery when the sim first starts next time you use.  Also, if an airport .bgl does have AFCAD it can do this even before a learned database is built.

The dickens you say........................

Thanks for the info - I'll have to revisit Nico's little gem.   Maybe Asobo needs to do some more sub-contracting?  But then again, that won't probably fit into the sim's memory footprint for Jonny Xboxer....

Regards, Kendall

1 hour ago, irocx said:

.......The way I understand it, only if the aircraft's transponder is on and transmitting ADSB data, which happens at very large airports, others not so much.  Am I wrong on this assessment?

1 hour ago, VFXSimmer said:

Sort of.  But the program also "learns" by recording when planes do park at gates (airline, type, and actual time).  This builds a database that it uses to then place planes at the gate even without a currently live broadcasting plane is there.  It also "parks" live planes and keeps the right one there even after the transponder is turned off. 

I see you posted this in another thread about AI:

VFXSimmer said:  "I've also gone back and forth between using AIG's Traffic Controller, and PSXT/RT.  The latter is really cool for plane spotting while listening to ATC ... at certain airports like LAX, WHHH, EGLL.  Others not as much, but this is more a limitation of the way Real Traffic works.  Pilots turn off their transponders in some places like small airfields, and its somewhat non-existant in places like China."

Bummer. So nothing has really changed.  Not faulting Nico's work, I simply misinterpreted that a workaround for this issue had been implemented.

Regards, Kendall

5 hours ago, somiller said:

Try PSXT https://www.lekseecon.nl/ and RealTraffic https://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/

When used with AIG you'll see the right airlines parked at the right gates at every airport.

So PSXT has coded every airport with a replacement ADE? What about parked aircraft or when they turn off their transponders?

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

So PSXT has coded every airport with a replacement ADE? What about parked aircraft or when they turn off their transponders?

Explained above: 

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

looking for a simple AI solution for my simple mind,

AIG - I bailed as soon I realised its convoluted install process - with stuff being dragged in from all over the place - serious hassle - & personally object to multiple site logins required,

no MFS AI traffic solution is near perfect…

initially - for zero install hassle - have used Simple Traffic pack,

& now, trying LVFR static aircraft pack with Simple Traffic set to online real-world traffic - now that SU8 has more live traffic…

not perfect, but saved me a massive AIG pita install,

& frame rates & loading times are very good 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

The "Learning" is still my main grief about PSXSeecontraffic which I used extensively in Prepar3d and early in MSFS but grounded for now.

"Learning" is fine if you regularly fly between a hand full of major hubs where the program can learn the gates upon flying or in advance. However, it's inappropriate for people like me, who have the habit of often hopping throughout the Earth and exploring new regions. Now, if I spontaneously decide to take off from SBGR or FAWB tonight but have to run the learner for some hours in advance, it's time over for me.

While I don't know about alternatives, I feel there is a need for a better solution.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, somiller said:

So if I understand this correctly, I would use AIG to download the liveries and flightplans, and then use these two tools above in conjunction with AIG to get them in the right gates, routes, etc.?  Or am I missing something?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

15 hours ago, somiller said:

Yes, but you have to pay monthly/yearly to access the live data. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

So if I understand this correctly, I would use AIG to download the liveries and flightplans, and then use these two tools above in conjunction with AIG to get them in the right gates, routes, etc.?  Or am I missing something?

What they posted is a third party live traffic service that can use AIG's models if you have them.

17 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

or am I stuck with whatever the airport designer came up with in their airport? 

This. Until someone else makes their own.

12 hours ago, irocx said:

AI parking in AFD/AFCAD design has changed from previous sims and designers are still coping with the adjustments along with other "nuances".

Parking codes still work in MSFS. The big thing is Asobo added an extra 6 feet of buffer space for the ground services which isn't in FSX, and really isn't needed. Kai from AIG has brought it up to them.

This is why you rarely see to planes parked right next to each other, because the sim thinks they're over lapping.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

That is correct

4 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

That is correct

And just so I understand 100%, I get the setup.exe from PSTX, the monthly service is from https://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/, and how do I figure out how to connect AIG to these?  Is there a tutorial?