Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

How to get GA traffic when using AIG

43 minutes ago, Belzebutt said:

You were right, I disabled it and it doesn't appear. I moved/modified the files as per this thread and now setting Offline AI traffic to 100 gives me a handful of GA traffic at small airports, but I don't see any on the very small airfields. I'm not sure if that's the best we can get.

On the very small ones, I have to have a small percentage of ground aircraft just so they aren't so barren.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

ok, so i've manage to add/have both things 😄 ...GA traffic + Airliners in the air/airports. However I have a QQ, on an airport some of the parking spaces are taken by the GA traffic, where I should see normally Airliners ..it's a correct behavior?

For example on some gates/parking spaces in LGTS where I've used in the past only AIG with Airliners I was seeing only airliners, now I'm seeing a mix of both, hence less airliners. I think is correct no?

thanks.

What is even nicer is that now on the map from AIG Traffic Manager, I'm seeing a lot of planes ...cessnas/TBM's and Airliners 🙂 cool stuff 🙂 

4 hours ago, BlackS0ull said:

However I have a QQ, on an airport some of the parking spaces are taken by the GA traffic, where I should see normally Airliners ..it's a correct behavior?

For example on some gates/parking spaces in LGTS where I've used in the past only AIG with Airliners I was seeing only airliners, now I'm seeing a mix of both, hence less airliners. I think is correct no?

Asobo didn't do a very good job of creating parking spots. They generally added every spot that shows up on aerial imagery which is good in one way, but they aren't well placed or placed at all for use by AI.

Add on that they also created an extra 6m ring around each spot, so that if any spots overlap then they won't get used simultaneously by AI.

Here's a screenshot of the default LGTS, it has ZERO parking spots sized for any kind of airliner to use, they are ALL sized for around a Lear 75 and smaller. It's easy enough to fix to some degree with ADE. If you have a payware version of LGTS, the dev I'm sure didn't setup the ade for AI, it's very very rare for any of them to release a scenery with adequate parking for AI.

LGTS-default.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 6/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, ricka47 said:

On the very small ones, I have to have a small percentage of ground aircraft just so they aren't so barren.

But then on the large airports that bit of ground traffic results in a few unexpected airlines appearing at airports, correct?

7 minutes ago, Belzebutt said:

But then on the large airports that bit of ground traffic results in a few unexpected airlines appearing at airports, correct?

Yeah, that's why I keep the percentage low just to avoid empty small airports.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On 7/3/2022 at 8:22 AM, vbazillio said:

Anyone know how to fix the GA traffic invisible (only nav lights visible)?

Nope. Apparently my virtual co-pilot sees them all the time but I rarely see another aircraft except when it's on top of me or at night.
Might have something to do with the LOD for these aircraft.

Am I the only one who wonders why there are so many TBM's flying around? It is like every other GA aircraft belongs to a millionaire in the sim.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I decided to load the AIG TC today and it closed on me. When I re-opened it, the map was out of wack. Why is the utility so problematic?

The reason for testing the TC is because I noticed that with a "real time" live setting, I did not see airliners parked at my major airports.

I wish that the AIG TC was more reliable because I like the offline setting better than the live setting. More airplanes move around the airport and less "go arounds."

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Lights only aircraft started after one of the updates. I assume it's a incompatibility issue or a coding issue that only became apparent after that update. Haven't investigated further as I only see them rarely. I make do with them until AIG provides GA traffic or someone comes up with a better solution.

James

2 hours ago, motishow said:

don't work after last game update

What doesn't work?

10 hours ago, motishow said:

don't work after last game update

IIRC something gets overridden so you might have to reinstall the GA hack (I may not be fully correct on this, needs confirmation)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

15 hours ago, motishow said:

Now i don't have GA traffic

Try re-installing the mod.

21 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Try re-installing the mod.

thanks a lot, worked

Edited by motishow
  • Like 1