Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

13 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

The centre of rotation of the HSI compass card is not accurately located, so that the tail of the needle does not indicate 180 degrees from the point of the needle in most positions.

I  just realised there is a similar error on the VOR compass card.

Edited by Sender46

A couple of times on starting a flight and opening the Weight & Balance page, the Payload has been shown as -0.55%, with the Payload/Max Payload line highlighted in red.  Adjusting the payload fixes it and once fixed it cannot be put below 0%.  This has only happened twice and is not a big problem but I have never seen it with any other aircraft.

See screenshot here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udylu3fwp55ct2f/Negative Payload.png?dl=0

Edited by Sender46

Hi there, loving this plane. Have a bug to report which I didn't see mentioned. (1.3.1)

Cowl Flaps - I might be crazy, but as far as I can tell I'm getting hotter CHT's with cowls open, and colder CHT's with Cowls closed. Animations are all lining up with each other, as well the placards match the logic of the animations, but the actual effect on temperatures is reversed. 

Got some good long test flights in the other day, again really loving the plane. The lack of ctrl +z to disengage autopilot though did manage to get me killed haha. Keep up the great work!

3 minutes ago, happydappyman said:

Cowl Flaps - I might be crazy, but as far as I can tell I'm getting hotter CHT's with cowls open, and colder CHT's with Cowls closed.

Are you aware that the cowl flaps are open when the levers are pushed in?

8 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Are you aware that the cowl flaps are open when the levers are pushed in?

To reiterate what I said in my first comment, I'm basing what's correct on the combination of the placard and exterior animations. Both the animations and placard match, so I was assuming they're correct (Pull to close flaps).

As far as I can tell the heating effect I am getting is the reverse of this. Sitting in a well established cruise and then pulling the lever (closing cowls) is lowering my CHT's  

Edited by happydappyman
grammar

Apologies, I didn't read what you wrote carefully enough.  They do seem to work correctly for me.

2 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Apologies, I didn't read what you wrote carefully enough.  They do seem to work correctly for me.

Interesting that they're working for you. I'm just about to boot into MSFS and I'll give it another go. I also haven't tried 1.3.2, so I'll see if I get the same results and post my findings. 

I've just taken off, climbing out in hand at about 1,000FPM then selected autopilot and it automatically went to ROL / PIT mode and maintained that attitude as expected.  Hit ALT at 3500ft and it levelled out there as expected.

I then centred the heading bug and hit HDG, which worked correctly but now the heading bug will only adjust in increments of 10 degrees.  I've seen this once before but most times this has worked correctly.

EDIT:  And the CDI adjustment on the HSI is also now in 10 degree increments (same flight).

Edited by Sender46
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, happydappyman said:

Interesting that they're working for you. I'm just about to boot into MSFS and I'll give it another go. I also haven't tried 1.3.2, so I'll see if I get the same results and post my findings. 

Apologies again.  I'm pretty sure it was working correctly for me previously but I've just checked again and you're right - Closing the cowl flaps (levers out) DOES reduce the cylinder temperatures.

11 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Apologies again.  I'm pretty sure it was working correctly for me previously but I've just checked again and you're right - Closing the cowl flaps (levers out) DOES reduce the cylinder temperatures.

Yay I'm not crazy! haha yeah I just checked it again as well. configured a light plane, 50% fuel. Climbed straight up to 20,000 feet. Gave things a few minutes for temps to stabilize, and then I pulled out the lever (closed cowls). Temperatures immediately started to drop from just under 350 to settle just over 300. When I opened the flaps again, temps slowly began to rise back to around 350. Getting -39c OAT

and wow, way less manifold pressure required for a given power now with 1.3.2.

Edited by happydappyman
add details

2 hours ago, Sender46 said:

I've just taken off, climbing out in hand at about 1,000FPM then selected autopilot and it automatically went to ROL / PIT mode and maintained that attitude as expected.  Hit ALT at 3500ft and it levelled out there as expected.

I then centred the heading bug and hit HDG, which worked correctly but now the heading bug will only adjust in increments of 10 degrees.  I've seen this once before but most times this has worked correctly.

EDIT:  And the CDI adjustment on the HSI is also now in 10 degree increments (same flight).

I just had that happen with the HDG and CDI on the ground and after takeoff.  But then it started working normally.  I'm  wondering if this is an MSFS thing as I've seen it in some of my other GA aircraft.

Update:  Just started a new flight using the same livery as before and this time the CDI and HDG bug moved smoothly.

Edited by jfwharton

On 3/26/2022 at 7:15 PM, geoffda said:

Hmm. Always repro for me. I'm using the N100JD livery for the TDS GT750NXi. You may need to increase the throttle a bit to get the temps to come up quickly, but for me I'm watching both gauges change in tandem with only one engine running...I did have to reinstall this morning. I uninstalled first, but I wonder if maybe something got left behind....

Can confirm. Happens for me exactly like this. Version 1.31 - N414XX livery. It's like the gauges are slaved. 

Eddie
KABQ

1 hour ago, rondon9898 said:

Alternator logic needs to be overhauled as still not working properly in 1.3.2.

Can you explain how the logic should operate?

EDIT:  Oops, disregard.  searched and found previous posts.

Edited by Sender46

+After update 1.3.2, still can't get the NAV with VLOCK to capture the VOR!

The needle does work as I can chase it without the autopilot, but if I use the AP, nothing works.

This is with the "PMS50 GTN750. I use to be able to use the APP and it did work before the last update.