Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

MSFS Add-ons Linker shows v.1.31 as 1.30?  Is that so for everyone?  Otherwise, how can I ascertain which version I installed?  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, James Callan said:

MSFS Add-ons Linker shows v.1.31 as 1.30?  Is that so for everyone?  Otherwise, how can I ascertain which version I installed?  Thanks.

Did you run the installer that said beta 1.3.1?  I wouldn't count on anything else at the present time as things are constantly changing so Flysimware may not have updated the version on whatever file MSFS Addon Linker is looking at.

27 minutes ago, James Callan said:

Same for me.  The manifest.json file shows "package_version": "1.3.0"

I assumed I was downloading Beta 1.3.1_Hotfix but now I'm not so sure.  Although  the installer file was named Beta 1.3.1_Hotfix, so maybe we can assume it's just an oversight in the manifest.json file.

Edited by Sender46
Addition

36 minutes ago, James Callan said:

Go to the windows start menu, then settings, applications. You will see one for the 414. Click on it once, and it will show the version installed

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 hours ago, James Callan said:

The installer exe file will have the version # as part of the name. And after the install, if you go to Programs and Features in the Win 10 Control Panel, you will see the installed ver #.

Al

The cabin altimeter knob only has a clockwise arrow for increasing the dial but no counterclockwise arrow for decreasing the dial.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, CaptainNick said:

New issue: pilots side /left nav light disappears at certain angles and zooms video of the issue 

I just tried a night flight and will add to the issue presented above and this issue is most evident at night.  During climbout at night I went to the external view and rotated my view around the aircraft noting the issue above with the red navigation light.  As I rotated from the left wing to the nose of the aircraft the right nav light disappeared and was not visible after passing the 10 o'clock position.  Similarly, rotating behind the aircraft the red navigation light is constantly visible but the green one is not.  In addition I noticed, like the issue with the open cabin doors closing when zooming all the way out in external view, the red navigation light does the same and disappears when zoomed all the way out.  To verify it's best to just level off at night, switch to external view and observe the visibility of the lights.

26 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

The cabin altimeter knob only has a clockwise arrow for increasing the dial but no counterclockwise arrow for decreasing the dial.

In legacy mode I have both arrows on 1.3 hotfix 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

53 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

In legacy mode I have both arrows on 1.3 hotfix 1

I am also in legacy mode and have only one arrow in version 1.3.1.  I will look a little deeper.  Maybe it's different in different liveries.

I just tried all three livery versions.  What I have, in legacy mode, is a curved clockwise arrow for increasing the dial and a zero with a  line through it for decreasing the dial.  So the decrease cursor is a zero with a line through it instead of a counterclockwise arrow.

Edited by jfwharton

The right fuel selector moves opposite to the mouse arrows, i.e. the left arrow rotates the knob right (clockwise) and vice versa.  A very minor detail but I notice it every time.

13 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I see loads of folk look AT the window, does anyone look OUT of the windows? Is that why I'm the only one to see wobbly spinners? (No, turning off blur isn't an option)

I see the spinners wobbling too.  I see the same thing on the PMDG DC6.

Gallons remaining not counting down for me either. Fuel flow is live, but the gallons stay at 206. Time remaining is counting down though.

49 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

The right fuel selector moves opposite to the mouse arrows, i.e. the left arrow rotates the knob right (clockwise) and vice versa.  A very minor detail but I notice it every time.

In addition to the right fuel switch, similar issue:

A number of 3-position switches move the opposite way to the mouse arrow, i.e. click on the up arrow and the switch moves down and vice versa.  This is the same whether you use the mouse click or the mouse wheel, i.e. scroll the mouse wheel up and the switch moves down.  This is not intuitive and I keep moving these switches the wrong way initially.  

This includes the following switches:

Both fuel pumps
Landing light
Anti-ice Elect
Cool-Off-Circulate

Edited by Sender46
Correction

I can't set the HSI card accurately to match the compass:

Using Beta 1.3.1_Hotfix.  At EGHP Popham, taxi to run-up, pointing 261 on the compass, HSI card reading 263.  I can adjust the HSI card to 261 with the Card Set knob but it immediately flicks back to 263.  And if I try to adjust the HSI card by a large amount (which would obviously not normally be necessary) it still flicks back to 263.  

This has worked correctly previously (pre Beta 1.3.1_Hotfix) but I just shut down and restarted MSFS and it's doing the same again, so it is repeatable.

Also, on one occasion the HDG adjustment reverted to 5 degree increments instead of 1 degree increments.  That was on my first flight (Beta 1.2.0) and I can't remember the exact cicrumstances but I haven't seen that again since the one occasion.

P.S. Absolutely loving this plane 🙂