Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

34 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Pms50 GTN750 won't power up after installing hotfix 1.3.1

PMS50 GTN750 is working fine for me with 1.3.1_Hotfix.

Have you tried different livery (just guessing).

• Upvote 1

I've been learning/familiarising with the autopilot.

Climbing to 6,500 in VS at 500fpm.  At 6,500, hit the LVL key, LVL indicates show in both lateral and vertical sections.  According to the manual this should set 0 FPM and wings level, but the plane pitches down to -500fpm and stays there, descending until reverting to VS and adjusting the FPM.

I've also seen the nose dive when switching on the autopilot in level flight, as already described by jfwharton but strangely not every time and I haven't figured out why.

Edited by Sender46
  • Upvote 1

The rudder does not move in external view. The control surfaces all move correctly but not the rudder. I am in straight forward external view not drone view. 

Hi,

I love this new plane, but I can't really accept that the Altimiter can't work unless I set MSFS units to US. No other plane I own requres this.

I fly in Australia and we use hectopascals (hP) for QNH. I'm sure other pilots who fly in Europe would feel the same.

Can you please advise if this will be fixed in a future release ?

Thanks,

-Joe-B^)

1 hour ago, Andelain said:

Hi,

I love this new plane, but I can't really accept that the Altimiter can't work unless I set MSFS units to US. No other plane I own requres this.

I fly in Australia and we use hectopascals (hP) for QNH. I'm sure other pilots who fly in Europe would feel the same.

Thanks,

-Joe-B^)

If you mean for cruise, MSFS always users standed pressure for cruise.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hotfix 1.3.2

1. Major engine performace update. Fixed high altitude loss of power.

2. Updated specifications from hangar.

3. Type name updated from 414A to 414AW.

4. NOTE: VLOC NAV mode we found is not working in the PMS50 GTN750 and reported this as the TDS GTN75 works.

NOTE: Beta_1.2_hotfix and higher now has automixture enabled for this aircraft without having to change the sims settings. The real aircraft turbocharger includes a fuel control unit to maintain the fuel flow no matter what altitude. Asobo still needs to address this as the real aircraft you can still adjust the mixture to set the fuel flow level to control heat in the EGT. But if we disable the auto fuel and flow you will be constantly changing the mixture as you climb and that is not realistic.

Did someone already mention that some tri-state switches have wrong directions?

When hovering, the arrow shows into the wrong direction and using the mouse wheel to switch between the states moves them into the wrong direction.

One example is the Landing Light switch. Usually you should push the switch forward by using mouse wheel forward, but instead you need to use it backwards, which is very counter-intuitive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andelain said:

Hi,

Thanks,

-Joe-B^)

They fixed the issue and I just tried changing my units to metric and the altimeter shows in meters and millibars.  I changed it back to U.S. system and it changes to feet and inches.

• Like 1

Hi  

I am using the latest hotfix 1.3.2    The ILS does not capture for the TDS GTN 750 but it does for the PMS GTN 750.   This is during a test flight between Cardiff and Bristol.  Interesting that the nomenclature differs for the 110.15 between the different GTN 750.  Do they have different nav data?

Many thanks  Richard Pain

3 minutes ago, richardepain said:

Hi  

I am using the latest hotfix 1.3.2    The ILS does not capture for the TDS GTN 750 but it does for the PMS GTN 750.   This is during a test flight between Cardiff and Bristol.  Interesting that the nomenclature differs for the 110.15 between the different GTN 750.  Do they have different nav data?

Many thanks  Richard Pain

Yes the Navdata is different. The TDS uses the RW garmin database (although a bit behind the latest...you can always update it if you own a real world GTN and subscription) where the PMS uses the sim database or Navigraph if you have it installed.

What airport etc were you at? I have not had an issue with the TDS capturing an ILS.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

What a great plane! 

Defects

• If I use the cold and dark option from the tablet, i cant start the engines 
  • The fuel computers digits are off (visual bug)

Unsure if bug or false operation

• The reamining fuel in the fuel computer didnt change
  • The prop anti ice has only two positions but the it seems there should be low off and high (couldnt find it in the POH)

Requests

• Cowl Flaps can have any position not just open or closed
  • The wind noises are too loud in cruise
  • Fuel pump noises are too loud
  • The mirror in the back of the cabin look unrealistic. I would switch it for a normal backwall.
  • More interactive cabin like closing the curtains to the cockpit and windows

Also would love to see a version with a full garmin glass cockpit in the future

The centre of rotation of the HSI compass card is not accurately located, so that the tail of the needle does not indicate 180 degrees from the point of the needle in most positions.  The error ranges from 0 to 4 degrees depending on the card position:

Point reading: 0              Tail reading: 181

Point reading: 30            Tail reading: 213

Point reading: 60           Tail reading: 244

Point reading: 90           Tail reading: 274

Point reading: 120         Tail reading: 302

Point reading: 150         Tail reading: 330

• Like 1

Thanks CaptainNick.   It was between EGFF and EGGD.   Perhaps I’ll try a few other countries and see if I can get the TDS to work.  Richard 

6 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

The centre of rotation of the HSI compass card is not accurately located, so that the tail of the needle does not indicate 180 degrees from the point of the needle in most positions.  The error ranges from 0 to 4 degrees depending on the card position:

Point reading: 0              Tail reading: 181

Point reading: 30            Tail reading: 213

Point reading: 60           Tail reading: 244

Point reading: 90           Tail reading: 274

Point reading: 120         Tail reading: 302

Point reading: 150         Tail reading: 330

very well spotted - the bottom lubber line is offset from the top