Sign in to follow this  
bendead

[15MAR22] Developer's Update - PMDG 737-700 for MSFS

In the real world there are freighter versions of the -700 and -800.  I seem to remember that the PMDG -700 will have a freighter variant; don't know about the -800.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Yes, if I remember RR's post correctly, he said that the 700 will come in passenger, freighter and BBJ configurations, and I assume that will be the same for the 800.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

In my best Mr. Burns voice, "excellent..."

We have some really good stuff coming out soon.  The Wing42 Boeing 247D, the PMDG 737, Flysimware Cessna 414, not to mention the Fenix Airbus, Leonardo MD-82, and a Concorde.   Whatever shall I do?  Buy them all?  And meanwhile let my family starve?  Or resort to the streets...as a source of income...

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 3/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, Stearmandriver said:

I don't speak Airbus, but I'm not sure why you'd need to figure your own TOD?

In the current version of the FBWA320, a fully functional VNAV mode hasn't been completely developed yet. Most of it works quite well, however -- TOD has not yet been implemented. 

I didn't mean to hijack a thread about the PMDG 737 with the FBWA320, but their version is coming along quite nicely and is in the same universe. I figured if a freeware development group, albeit, just as talented and driven as any payware company can get a rudimentary version of RNP AR with RF legs working, why can't a company as big as PMDG?

• Like 2

Actually it‘s not only TOD, but the descent path as a whole. This is, essentially, real VNAV and the most complicated part. That‘s why it‘s not there yet for the A32NX.

Another question: You guys talk about a -700 freighter version? Does that really exist in real life? I only know about -800 as freighter (or the last generation -300/-400 etc.). What cargo airline uses them?

32 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Actually it‘s not only TOD, but the descent path as a whole. This is, essentially, real VNAV and the most complicated part. That‘s why it‘s not there yet for the A32NX.

Another question: You guys talk about a -700 freighter version? Does that really exist in real life? I only know about -800 as freighter (or the last generation -300/-400 etc.). What cargo airline uses them?

Alaska Air Cargo from 2017

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-09-26-Alaska-Air-Cargo-introduces-worlds-first-converted-737-700-freighter

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 5:25 AM, Bilal2104 said:

take my money...…. please.... I insist. don't matter what the wife says. ill deal with the whooping later.

its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.....

• Like 4

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

12 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I didn't mean to hijack a thread about the PMDG 737 with the FBWA320, but their version is coming along quite nicely and is in the same universe. I figured if a freeware development group, albeit, just as talented and driven as any payware company can get a rudimentary version of RNP AR with RF legs working, why can't a company as big as PMDG?

They can and they will. It's just still in the works. I guess MSFS turned some roadmaps upside down. It can fly RF legs already, just not using the same logic as the real thing and is sometimes a bit wonky. That's the previous versions at least, we'll see what we get with the NG3 for MSFS.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 3/15/2022 at 4:25 AM, Bilal2104 said:

PMDG/ FENIX/ MADDOG ....take my money...…. please.... I insist. don't matter what the wife says. ill deal with the whooping later.

Yeah I love when my wife whoops me 😉

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As I have no interest in the 737-700 only the 737-800 and possibly the 737-900 I take it I will need to wait for some unknown period after the 700 is released before these variants are  available - I am assuming PMDG is planning to release them as it would be a major let down to be stuck with just the 737-700 after all this hype.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

11 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

As I have no interest in the 737-700 only the 737-800 and possibly the 737-900 I take it I will need to wait for some unknown period after the 700 is released before these variants are  available - I am assuming PMDG is planning to release them as it would be a major let down to be stuck with just the 737-700 after all this hype.

Bruce

They're releasing all the variants.  It's been estimated on the PMDG forums that the -800 will follow the -700 by about 6 weeks.

Makes no difference to me personally; even at work in reality, I couldn't care less if I'm flying a -700 or a Max9 on any given leg; they all pay the same ;).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley

Well Qantas the airline livery I use 90% of the time (in P3D) only operates the 800 series but thank you for that clarification.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
typo

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."