Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Garmin G1000 NXi v0.11.0 now available!

56 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Is that all that WT is being involved in, the avionics? I think a while back we were all hoping that you guys would help fixing what doesn't work in relation to the entire IFR experience. 

The avionics and flightplanning are tightly linked, so that is being addressed.

Not sure what else the "entire experience" might relate to.. can you explain?

ATC maybe?... I have no idea.. 

• Like 1

Bert

So after this update, on a scale of 1 to 10, how close is the G1000 NXi in MSFS to the real G1000 NXi? What features are still missing in the MSFS G1000 NXi?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

54 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So after this update, on a scale of 1 to 10, how close is the G1000 NXi in MSFS to the real G1000 NXi? What features are still missing in the MSFS G1000 NXi?

The $28,995 price. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, MattNischan said:

We are! Right now, as we dial back effort a bit on the NXi, we have teams deep into the CJ4 refresh, and now also teams starting on the G3000/5000 and GNS430W/530W.

Thanks for your great pieces of software! You are the avionics experts!

My question would be, whether you still plan to implement the VSD (Vertical Situation Display)?

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

We are! Right now, as we dial back effort a bit on the NXi, we have teams deep into the CJ4 refresh, and now also teams starting on the G3000/5000 and GNS430W/530W.

A million thank-you's!!!! You guys are wildly talented and have made MSFS super enjoyable and realistic. I'm really looking forward to see what magic you guys bring to the G3/5000 suite! The Longitude could really use it! Will be amazing to use that plane more with more functionality in the avionics! Cheers!

8 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'd say many items on the Auxiliary page are still missing. My checklists RL calls for integrity check of both GPS systems before lining up on the runway. This is done via the AUX /GPS page where you can select either GPS 1 and GPS 2 and verify RAIM is achieved. Can't do that right now.

But that is more of a nit-picking remark. Overall the package is extremely solid. 

A simmer familiar with the WT G1000, would have no issues whatsoever operating the real unit in a Cessna or a Diamond.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

13 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I'd say many items on the Auxiliary page are still missing. My checklists RL calls for integrity check of both GPS systems before lining up on the runway. This is done via the AUX /GPS page where you can select either GPS 1 and GPS 2 and verify RAIM is achieved. Can't do that right now.

But that is more of a nit-picking remark. Overall the package is extremely solid. 

A simmer familiar with the WT G1000, would have no issues whatsoever operating the real unit in a Cessna or a Diamond.

Nice.  So I guess if Working Title completes Auxillary page for the G1000 NXi, the version in MSFS will be pretty complete, with respect to the real life G1000 NXi.  Sounds like the G1000 NXi has caught up to the XPlane G1000, or is at least very close to the XPlane G1000 then.

Thanks to the WT team for such a great work !

I hope the same job will be done with the G3000🙂

François

Edited by brivadois

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

37 minutes ago, brivadois said:

I hope the same job will be done with the G3000🙂

If you go back and read the entire thread, you'll see that a member from Working Title said they're working on it. 

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Nice.  So I guess if Working Title completes Auxillary page for the G1000 NXi, the version in MSFS will be pretty complete, with respect to the real life G1000 NXi.  Sounds like the G1000 NXi has caught up to the XPlane G1000, or is at least very close to the XPlane G1000 then.

As far as I understand, the real NXi is quite different from the G1000 and has a lot more features.

So XP G1000 misses many features, that are only present in the real and the MSFS NXi. Like Visual Approaches (dynamic instrument approaches for any runway worldwide) and RNP approaches. So I consider the MSFS NXi as the industry reference implementation of a G1000 NXi. As a result the MSFS C172 with the NXi (along the other aircraft that have it) currently has the best autopilot in the sim, more capable than the Boeings and the Airbuses. 

But, compared with the real NXi, the MSFS one still has some notable missing features. Like the mentioned VSD Vertical Situation Display (see page 215 in this document https://pilotenschule.ch/images/fsa/Downloads/HBSHB/G1000NXi_Pilots_Guide15.pdf).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

As far as I understand, the real NXi is quite different from the G1000 and has a lot more features.

So XP G1000 misses many features, that are only present in the real and the MSFS NXi. Like Visual Approaches (dynamic instrument approaches for any runway worldwide) and RNP approaches. So I consider the MSFS NXi as the industry reference implementation of a G1000 NXi. As a result the MSFS C172 with the NXi (along the other aircraft that have it) currently has the best autopilot in the sim, more capable than the Boeings and the Airbuses. 

But, compared with the real NXi, the MSFS one still has some notable missing features. Like the mentioned VSD Vertical Situation Display (see page 215 in this document https://pilotenschule.ch/images/fsa/Downloads/HBSHB/G1000NXi_Pilots_Guide15.pdf).

Cool, I hope Working Title eventually adds the VSD, and also adds the Auxillary page that @SAS443 said was missing.

Is there a way to change the Heading on the Map? So that "North Is Up" like I've seen <somewhere> before! thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Is there a way to change the Heading on the Map? So that "North Is Up" like I've seen <somewhere> before! thanks

On the MFD (right hand screen) press "MENU" button, which should take you to the map setup page. There you can set Map orientation reference and other map display features.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Awesome thank you

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)