Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

RDShade Released

43 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What is the maximum value you can set for the cockpit brightness tweak? And, if you have time, could you check if this makes the night in P3D brighter in any way? Another mod I'm using to make cockpits realistic unfortunately makes the night way too bright.

Sure thing!  I’m a little tied up at the moment, but I’ll try and report back when I get to flying.

• Like 1

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

What is the maximum value you can set for the cockpit brightness tweak? And, if you have time, could you check if this makes the night in P3D brighter in any way? Another mod I'm using to make cockpits realistic unfortunately makes the night way too bright.

Alright, I did a quick check and have a few more screenshots.  As an FYI, I'm using a different preset now than I had during my earlier screenshot post (cockpit textures are brighter than vanilla P3D, but not as overdone looking to me). 

The cockpit brightness setting has an adjustable range of 0.1 to 1.9.  The "before" screenshot below for the "ClearedTakeoff" preset has a value of 0.3 and gives the following cockpit brightness and external sim appearance at night. 

• RDShade lighting panel example

spacer.png

• NGXu cockpit at "ClearedTakeoff" preset default settings

spacer.png

• External shot at "ClearedTakeoff" preset default settings

spacer.png

• NGXu cockpit with brightness value changed to maximum of 1.9 (all other preset settings untouched)

spacer.png

• External shot with cockpit brightness value changed to maximum of 1.9 (all other preset settings untouched)

spacer.png

Once the shaders loaded in after making the change, I didn't notice much of if any difference at all subjectively in the overall sim brightness at night.  I've not run shader programs like this before with P3D, so I'm still trying to take it all in.  Hope this brief look helps! 

• Like 2

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

The brightness adjustment is lower is brightest (0.1) and higher is darkest (1.9).

1 hour ago, puukart14 said:

Alright, I did a quick check and have a few more screenshots.  As an FYI, I'm using a different preset now than I had during my earlier screenshot post (cockpit textures are brighter than vanilla P3D, but not as overdone looking to me). 

Thank you for the reply. Like @gregdasaid though, what you adjust are cockpit shadows (not directly brightness), so a higher value means darker cockpit because you boost shadows depth. At least that's how it always worked with other shader tweakers.

It's good that it doesn't seem to alter night lighting. If you or anyone else could post a picture of a cockpit at the highest brightness level (lowest value) without applying any other tweak, we could see how much the tool can do with regards to cockpit brightness.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Thank you for the reply. Like @gregdasaid though, what you adjust are cockpit shadows (not directly brightness), so a higher value means darker cockpit because you boost shadows depth. At least that's how it always worked with other shader tweakers.

It's good that it doesn't seem to alter night lighting. If you or anyone else could post a picture of a cockpit at the highest brightness level (lowest value) without applying any other tweak, we could see how much the tool can do with regards to cockpit brightness.

I restored my original shaders in the sim and made this comparison with the brightness setting set to 0.1 (the default value in RDShade after the shader restore was 1.0).

• Pre-brightness tweak applied

spacer.png

• Cockpit brightness set to 0.1 in RDShade

spacer.png

It might be a little hard to see in the shots above, but making that brightness change added a touch of a grey hue across the image (the runway markings actually show it somewhat).  I also went back and checked the visuals at night, same results as before with not much overall sim brightness differentiation between the two settings.  Think I'm going to go back to trying the remaining presets to see which one I like most. 

On 3/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, ferrarirmc said:

Here is a quick example I made, default P3D on both sides, only adjusted the cockpit brightness tweak in RDShade this case all other tweaks disabled. Left is default, right is with only cockpit brightness increased in RDShade.

spacer.png

Does your VC tweak also impact the rest of the plane as well, e.g. exterior model?

Seems that some VC brightness tweaks (some community freeware ones, and others like ENVshade) impacted ALL aspects of the aircraft, interior and exterior as an unintended consequence.  Bright VC but also an almost glowing exterior and cabin at night. I’ve certainly paid for multiple addons trying to rectify this so I won’t to be absolutely certain of a workaround or fix before I spend even more money on the issue.

Thanks

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The only acceptable tweek I found is I turn on the panel and background lights even in the day . That or turn EA off. I have all the TOGA stuff but just can’t get cockpit lighting to my liking.

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

To use this, I would need to turn off all TOGA products, ASCA and Pascal tweaks, correct?

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

16 hours ago, puukart14 said:

It might be a little hard to see in the shots above, but making that brightness change added a touch of a grey hue across the image (the runway markings actually show it somewhat).  I also went back and checked the visuals at night, same results as before with not much overall sim brightness differentiation between the two settings.  Think I'm going to go back to trying the remaining presets to see which one I like most. 

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately, it seems the tweak has the same range as other programs like Envshade and doesn't make much of a difference. You have to wonder what on earth LM are doing...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm beyond frustrated with this product, after installation ALL my ground textures became white, I mean even from the Topdown view the whole globe is white, uninstalled with no help, I'm out of ideas, anybody can help? 

Cheers

Eddie

5 hours ago, EDDIEFSX said:

I'm beyond frustrated with this product, after installation ALL my ground textures became white, I mean even from the Topdown view the whole globe is white, uninstalled with no help, I'm out of ideas, anybody can help? 

You can try to run a repair on the client and content portions of the P3D installer to see if it fixes it.

Alan

13 hours ago, EDDIEFSX said:

Are you running P3Dv4.5? If so, there is a fix for that posted in a couple of places on their forum. I had the same issue and the file Robin provided solved the issue. 

From their forum:

https://forum.rdpresets.com/topic/66-missing-terrain-and-autogen-p3dv45/

However, I spent over a day trying to get pre-sets, etc., to work and finally gave up. Evidently RDShade doesn't play nice with P3Dv4.5 at this point.  I'm back to Envshade and will probably stick with that as the whole experience with RDShade was not good.

I have the file downloaded and saved. If you need it, PM me with an email address I can send it to.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

OH MAN AM I RELIEVED! That fixed it, I guess I'll wait for the hotfix and see, Thank you guys very much!

• Like 1

Cheers

Eddie

Deleted.

Edited by cowpatz
Deleted post

Cheers

Steve Hall

take into account when changing settings with ea off or ea on, like ea on, the cabin brightness if adjusted from higher to lower

Jose Zubillaga