Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Ghastly ghosting trail is gone

Something that has bugged me now for months if not for more than a year now was that horrible sparkly graphical trail created by overcast conditions when looking at ai aircraft or buildings and objects. 

Well thank you Asobo for fixing it with todays beta release. 🥰

• Like 4

tpewpb-6.png

35 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Something that has bugged me now for months if not for more than a year now was that horrible sparkly graphical trail created by overcast conditions when looking at ai aircraft or buildings and objects. 

Well thank you Asobo for fixing it with todays beta release. 🥰

Is that the same thing that happens when the wing of your plane covers the reflections of trees or terrain on the water?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FANTASTIC NEWS!  This has really been bothering me.  Especially the light poles at airports.   

This is the issue: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/video-of-my-artifact-issue-how-is-this-related-to-glowing-objects/368699

When the wing of your plane covers the reflections of trees or terrain on the water that's called screen space reflection and although it can be mitigated it can't fully be fixed sadly. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/reflections-lights-rendering-issue-on-screen-edges-and-lights-in-the-distance-in-center-of-screen/498573/2 

Have they finally fixed the offline traffic ATC?

no more American 321 microsoft-ups W H I N D wind 320 at 24 phonem alpabet altimiter 29.92 cleared for take off,..... or Traffic at 1apostropheclock.?

If someone can confirm that the tds gtn and the flysimware cessna works with the new beta release i will jump in!

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Is that the same thing that happens when the wing of your plane covers the reflections of trees or terrain on the water?

Not sure Ryan. This bug was more of a glitchy trail that appeared when you moved the drone camera around. Content creators will know what i mean.

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

Have they finally fixed the offline traffic ATC?

no more American 321 microsoft-ups W H I N D wind 320 at 24 phonem alpabet altimiter 29.92 cleared for take off,..... or Traffic at 1apostropheclock.?

Unfortinately not

• Like 1

cool, I just assumed that I was trying to sim on my potato system.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

cool, I just assumed that I was trying to sim on my potato system.

Careful, that remark hits pretty close to home here!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Nope.   That's to do with Screen Space Reflections.    The streaking I'm 99% sure is to do with the TAA implementation.

Glad to hear thats fixed.  It was giving me flashbacks to my youth🍄

This is extremely good news. Cloud edges, any sort of moving vehicle shadow... all a pixelated blur. If that's fixed great news! 

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

14 hours ago, somiller said:

Careful, that remark hits pretty close to home here!

... listen to mister 'i7' over here..  🙂

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Well after todays beta patch it's back with a vengeance. 😡

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

10 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Well after todays beta patch it's back with a vengeance. 😡

I can confirm 100% that I had the ghosting after the SU9 Beta/update and have not upgraded to the SU9 patch yet.

Edited by KERNEL32

Yeah, the ghosting was never gone.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

16 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Yeah, the ghosting was never gone.

I beg to differ. I spent hours after the initial beta was released and tested the sim in depth and it was not present. Hence i made this thread. So how do you conclude it was never fixed?

tpewpb-6.png