Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Wing42 Boeing 247D released!

Ok 2 hours without problem. I use SAE50 oil, engine tempt stay low through out whole flying. I was cruising between 7-8k ft

unknown.png?width=2136&height=1202

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

My happiness was short lived. I pause flight (ESC) and after coming back, few minutes after, both engine quit. Dead stick and here I'm. Have anyone notice any problems after hitting ESC and then resume flight?

unknown.png?width=2136&height=1202 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Have anyone notice any problems after hitting ESC and then resume flight?

not after a short time ...
But I'm not quite sure if longer pauses cause troubles.

So, maybe, yes, there is some issue, but needs a lot more investigation

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

My happiness was short lived. I pause flight (ESC) and after coming back, few minutes after, both engine quit. Dead stick and here I'm. Have anyone notice any problems after hitting ESC and then resume flight?

Hi. I had the same issue but after few minutes in "active pause". Moreover, It seems that I cant get over 25/30 minutes of flight before engines quit. Parameters seems absolutely in the limits so I cant get what I am doing wrong. Reading forums and watching streams it seems quite a common issue.

Another issue that I am experiencing is something like a "long stutter" here and there...its like instruments are resetting and the engine smoke behind the plane is interrupted. Only getting this with B247.

Apart from that, great plane!

Edited by Gnak26

Probably an effect of the externalised management of engine physics. That sounds logical. Maybe it's not possible to catch the sim pause with current SDK.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

After a couple of complete engine failures while on Active Pause, I stopped using it except just enough time to gran to a screen shot.

Forest

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Have anyone notice any problems after hitting ESC and then resume flight?

I don't have this plane yet but the DC-6 definitely had this issue. You'd hit ESC for a bit come back and all the engine/oil temps would have shot up. But at least the DC-6 has AP so can just leave it run on it's own if you need to and leave ESC alone.

5 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

As I'm flying only in VR, I was thinking to build an Excel sheet based on the Radio CSV supplied, that would contains additionally  the morse ident of stations and more important, an information to identify which letter 'A' or 'N' code is expected along the 4 angle sectors. While I was starting to build manually that list from the Pdf diagram of each one (693 stations to do🤪), I found a common rule that seems to apply to all of them and void need for such list in a first approach:

• select the more northbound radial of a station inside [271 ; 89] angle range
  • if radial is in the left/bottom part [0 ; 89] then letter is 'A' if you rotate in the adjacent sector clock wise.
  • If radial is in the right/bottom part [271 ; 1] the letter is 'N'

So if I'm not wrong, it's easy to fly without need of the whole Pdf and guess which morse signal to expect along inbound radial sector.

Sorry if it was obvious for all of you. 

You are correct. In Morse a dot is 1 time unit long. A dash in 3 time units. Therefore a steady stream of dots sounds like a machine gun. Such as the number 5 which sounds like dididididit 

When learning Morse (such as for a ham license) you are taught to never learn how many dots or dashes or their order forms a letter. Instead you ONLY memorize the sound associated with each letter and number. Otherwise if you know the order and number of dots and dashes, then you will start to count them as you listen. Which is a very time consuming extra step.

If someone asked me what are the dots and dashes to make an L, I have no clue. But I can send and receive messages by listening to Morse at 25 words per minute, because I know what an L and the other letters sound like.

This is why schools teaching look/say reading in 1st grade will produce faster readers than if teaching phonetics. With phonetics you are doing an extra step which slows you down. Instead of just looking and saying, you would be looking, sounding out, and then saying. A time consuming extra third step.

An A is iambic diDAH. An N is trochaic DAHdit.

Therefore when you are flying directly at the station transmitter you will hear both the A and N at the same time. So it sounds like a steady tone DAAAAAAAAAAAH (because the dashes and dots are covering up the silent spaces between the tones). It is easier than following a needle because you don't have to look at a gauge, just listen as you bank.

You also know when you are directly over the transmitter because the A's and N's reverse and you therefore hear nothing at all for a brief time you are passing overhead.

The downside is when you hear an A or N you don't have any clue about the direction to the station nor the distance to it. You have to change course and listen to find that direction and  you have to fly to the station to know what that distance was (which has now become zero).

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

So if I'm not wrong, it's easy to fly without need of the whole Pdf and guess which morse signal to expect along inbound radial sector.

Sorry if it was obvious for all of you. 

Would be great if someone could implement radial lines into the Little NavMap user points with A and N sectors drawm

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

Using Spad.Next,  here's how to trigger the Boeing 247D engine flywheel clutch's. Now I can start the engines from the cockpit without the clipboard. I just install the cranks with the clipboard, stow the clipboard, crank the starter crank with the mouse from inside the cockpit, engage the flywheel clutch, and once the engine starts touching the crank again will remove it from the engine.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Then once I'm ready to roll,   I just remove the chocks with this.  (it will also replace them)

Screenshot-20.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Now I can start the engines from the cockpit without the clipboard.

Consider a StreamDeck und you won't need the mnouse any more 😉
For nothing in the cockpit

Guenter Steiner

9 hours ago, FAC257 said:

After a couple of complete engine failures while on Active Pause, I stopped using it except just enough time to gran to a screen shot.

Forest

With all the unwarranted engine problems I'm reading about in the 247D, can you disable "Engine" and "Airframe" damage in MSFS 2020 and stop the problems?  I'm going to buy the 247D in the near future regardless, but have been waiting to see if there are bugs to be ironed out with an update or two.  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Bucksnort said:

can you disable "Engine" and "Airframe" damage

Not in MSFS, but the B247D has also the option in its clipboard to disable failures

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner

19 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Consider a StreamDeck und you won't need the mnouse any more 😉
For nothing in the cockpit

I have one.

2 hours ago, Bucksnort said:

With all the unwarranted engine problems I'm reading about in the 247D, can you disable "Engine" and "Airframe" damage in MSFS 2020 and stop the problems?  I'm going to buy the 247D in the near future regardless, but have been waiting to see if there are bugs to be ironed out with an update or two.  Thanks!

Crash Damage, Aircraft Stress Damage, and Engine Stress Damage on/off toggles are in the MSFS Options menu under Aircraft Systems.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.