Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Wing42 Boeing 247D released!

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Two successful one hour flights today:

I have more luck with SAE30

I can happily report my first successful flight today! 2 hours and no issues. I only struggled once with low oil temp and had to decrease altitute as I ran out of options but it worked well in the end.

SAE30 too.

Happy 247D flying everyone! 😀

On 4/6/2022 at 6:00 AM, Stoopy said:

It's also a handy escape hatch for when you're on the ground after a long flight, with some of that cool jazz dialed in on the radio, a Flapper girl dancin' the Charleston with you in the cockpit with the door shut, and you hear your wife climb on board the aeroplane calling your name to give you a ride home...  

or maybe for celestial navigation if you did not leave your sextant at home.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

On 4/3/2022 at 11:05 AM, CaptainNick said:

I know this is going to sound sacrilegious but I do wish we had the option for a single GPS of any kind. Whether it was a 530 or 430 or 750NXI just to be able to use it in certain spots. Kinda like the Goose did with the pop up panel holding it. No Autopilot though as Its a real joy to hand fly. 

You can use PMS GTN-750 as a popup panel.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

...in case you were hot to fly this plane right after purchase, save yourself some grief and purchase from the in-game store.

Am getting this trying to download after purchasing from their wings32.com website:

<Error>
<Code>InvalidAccessKeyId</Code>
<Message>The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.</Message>
<blah blah ef'ing blah>
</Error>

...and no download. 😞

11 minutes ago, rlk281 said:

save yourself some grief and purchase from the in-game store.

It is not a general problem, maybe a current one.

My purchase was without any problems. So maybe there's some server issue or whatever and you should try to contact the developer instead of warning people here, assuming the Wing42 shop does never work

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, guenseli said:

It is not a general problem, maybe a current one.

My purchase was without any problems. So maybe there's some server issue or whatever and you should try to contact the developer instead of warning people here, assuming the Wing42 shop does never work

...yeah, a *little* server issue that I'm warning folks about; glad you got yours. 😕

Yes, I'm glad also and others too.
It is just not correct assuming that there is a general issue for everybody all the time.

However it is woeful for you now. But normally the shop is working without issues.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

On 4/8/2022 at 7:35 AM, Waldo Pepper said:

Using Spad.Next,  here's how to trigger the Boeing 247D engine flywheel clutch's. Now I can start the engines from the cockpit without the clipboard. I just install the cranks with the clipboard, stow the clipboard, crank the starter crank with the mouse from inside the cockpit, engage the flywheel clutch, and once the engine starts touching the crank again will remove it from the engine.

Could you please show me, how to configure my throttle levers with Spad Next, so that the levers in the cockpit move?

Albrecht

12 hours ago, harrry said:

or maybe for celestial navigation if you did not leave your sextant at home.

😁

No need to leave it at home as a mantle decoration any longer!

https://flightsim.to/file/17738/celnav-for-msfs-celestial-navigation-sextant

The hard part will be getting that hatch closed against the slipstream... maybe just leave it open for the whole flight?  :biggrin:

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

5 hours ago, Albrecht_EDDV_ said:

Could you please show me, how to configure my throttle levers with Spad Next, so that the levers in the cockpit move?

Albrecht

Not exactly sure,  because I never configured by throttles in Spad.   I just configured them in the Sim,  and I only have a single axis throttle.

Does anyone knows where/how to import csv files for little nav map that comes with B247D?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

"Aircraft / Open Aircraft Performance"   

I put the performance file in "C:\Users\XXXXXXx\Documents\Little Navmap Files\Aircraft Performance" on my system.

"Userpoints / Import CSV"

I put them in "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Documents\MSFS Manuals\247d Documentation\Radio station database" for Little Navmap on my system.

The Nav stations show up as "Tacan" userpoints.

The Music stations show up as "Flags".

xA7whzx.jpg

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:50 PM, sd_flyer said:

Yes I refuel and top off oil manually via kneepad before "make it so" 

Good call. I tried that on the first flight this AM. That was obviously the correct way to fuel this aircraft and to make sure the oil is topped off. Thanks again. 

I did learn something new on this flight. I was trying for a full fuel long haul at MTOW. I wanted to see how long I could keep her up. Didn't quite work as planned. About 2:20 into the flight I lost the right engine. All of the gauges were showing okay almost up to that point. Whatever it was happened fast. I feathered the left engine. I thought I had read that feathering didn't work but that wasn't the case. On the one engine, even still pretty heavy, the aircraft easily maintained altitude & safe airspeed. After the aircraft was stable, I went to look exterior to if she was smoking, and noticed that I had also lost the nav lights. Back inside I checked the fuse boxes and did find the nav light fuse blown and replaced that. With that done, I aimed for the nearest airport a few minutes away and just as I turned on final, the left engine conked out also. After dead sticking the landing and shutting her down I opened the clipboard Payload, Weight, & Balance page and found one oil reservoir empty and the other almost empty. Still about 200-220 gallons of fuel when this happened.

If this holds true, it means that you get about 2 hours flight time before needing to look for a place to land in the next 15-20 minutes. Flight was at 8K, 40-50 OAT, 27"mp, & 2200rpm.

So those earlier flights I've been making in this aircraft that I thought were about 2.5+ hours, must have been right at the point of failure??? 

Forest

Edited by FAC257

Activate baggage carts and stairs, remove engine cowlings, open doors and hatches,  apply chocks.YiRre7n.jpg

Remove and close all of the above,   leave chocks in place.

XdhBeSX.jpg

Insert or remove engine starter cranks,Vf794hi.jpg

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I prefer to fly in the "golden hours", and at night.    Don't really like flying at mid-day.

I just did a dusk flight from TFFJ to TNCM.   Flew a circuit around the Calypso on the way.   Super chill.  Decided that I'm going Island hopping in this thing from Key West to South America.