Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Sim Update 9

2 hours ago, kamranbidar said:

I tried clean reinstall FBW but no success 

Did you ever try that roure ? from Cancun Mexico to Tegucigalpa Honduras ?  

Strange .. I did MROC-MHTG with the same left hand circling RNP approach for runway 02 and it didnt freeze at all.. I did that flight on Wed night. I was actually remarking in another thread on here how well the aircraft flew the approach. My Build is experimental and my build was current to this past Wed but if you have updated recently you may have picked up a bug so i guess they will note it in the discord when you report it.

Good luck and happy flying.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

20 hours ago, Maxis said:

Strange .. I did MROC-MHTG with the same left hand circling RNP approach for runway 02 and it didnt freeze at all.. I did that flight on Wed night. I was actually remarking in another thread on here how well the aircraft flew the approach. My Build is experimental and my build was current to this past Wed but if you have updated recently you may have picked up a bug so i guess they will note it in the discord when you report it.

Good luck and happy flying.

I think it happened in MMUN not MHTG and absolutely related to windows explorer conflict with experimental version but I don't know How to fix it I can confirm that check flying from MROC-MHTG without any Issue ,maybe dear @Watsi can give some directives to solve the issue 

Edited by kamranbidar

On 4/27/2022 at 3:59 AM, Watsi said:

Hi again,

Stable Version 0.7.5 is released. This release provides compatibility with the update for SU9 (1.25.7.0). It does not contain our new custom FMS version 1 (cFMS v1).

Please see our latest release notes for more information - https://docs.flybywiresim.com/release-notes/v075/

Download using our installer: https://api.flybywiresim.com/installer
Download directly: https://flybywiresim.com/
Our installation guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/installation/
Support Guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/support/
Known Issues and Workarounds: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/reported-issues/

Note: Not Available on MSFS Marketplace.

Oh, and by the way: if you update your development version, we pushed the nose wheel steering (if you steer it with a separate axis) to the new nose wheel steering axis (introduced with SU9).

Hi Watsi.  Or maybe someone else from the FBW team can help me with this issue.  I would prefer not to use the installer, because I want to minimize the number of installed programs on my computer.  In the past, I have always been able to download the FBW from your website by going to https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx/#download and then clicking on the "Download" button beside the Development Build.  But when I tried to download the Development Build now by clicking on the "Download" button, I got this error with Firefox:

wRX8yE2.png

Instead of clicking on the "Download" button, I also tried right clicking on it with Google Chrome, and saving the A32NX-master.zip file, but I get the error, "Failed - Forbidden" in Google Chrome.  It looks like the FBW team has set some type of security rights and we can no longer click on the "Download" button to download the FBW A320 from the website now?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Hi Watsi.  Or maybe someone else from the FBW team can help me with this issue.  I would prefer not to use the installer, because I want to minimize the number of installed programs on my computer.  In the past, I have always been able to download the FBW from your website by going to https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx/#download and then clicking on the "Download" button beside the Development Build.  But when I tried to download the Development Build now by clicking on the "Download" button, I got this error with Firefox:

wRX8yE2.png

Instead of clicking on the "Download" button, I also tried right clicking on it with Google Chrome, and saving the A32NX-master.zip file, but I get the error, "Failed - Forbidden" in Google Chrome.  It looks like the FBW team has set some type of security rights and we can no longer click on the "Download" button to download the FBW A320 from the website now?

Yepp, thanks for telling. I don't think this is as it should be. We're looking at it.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

8 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Yepp, thanks for telling. I don't think this is as it should be. We're looking at it.

Thanks! I really would love to just download the FBW A320 without using the installer. Cheers!

51 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks! I really would love to just download the FBW A320 without using the installer. Cheers!

You should be able to download the version you want from the docs page again:
https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/#manual-installation

The main website download will be fixed soon (I hope). 🙂

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

5 hours ago, Watsi said:

You should be able to download the version you want from the docs page again:
https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/#manual-installation

The main website download will be fixed soon (I hope). 🙂

Thanks!  I didn't know there was an alternative download link.  I saved this download link for the future.  I was able to download the development version from this link (although it took me like 2 hours to download the 1.4 GB) and from a quick 5 minute test, the FBW A320 was working.  Thanks for your help and cheers Watsi!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:59 AM, Watsi said:

Hi again,

Stable Version 0.7.5 is released. This release provides compatibility with the update for SU9 (1.25.7.0). It does not contain our new custom FMS version 1 (cFMS v1).

Please see our latest release notes for more information - https://docs.flybywiresim.com/release-notes/v075/

Download using our installer: https://api.flybywiresim.com/installer
Download directly: https://flybywiresim.com/
Our installation guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/installation/
Support Guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/support/
Known Issues and Workarounds: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/reported-issues/

Note: Not Available on MSFS Marketplace.

Oh, and by the way: if you update your development version, we pushed the nose wheel steering (if you steer it with a separate axis) to the new nose wheel steering axis (introduced with SU9).

i dont know if this is the right way to post but i have tried everything and the FBW A320 just will not load it just sits there on loading screen for hours. I have tried all versions ,complete OS reinstall,complete sim reinstall (with no other mod Addons.

Device name    xxxx
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics            4.20 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.3 GB usable)
Device ID    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Product ID   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

it also appears i cant get onto their Discord channel trying to get help there .

my account was hacked last year and i may have been banned

any help would be great thank you

Edited by coxo2436

@Watsi

Your team lost me as a supporter tonight.

Ive used the FBW product all this time NO ISSUE right up to last night. Now i always in my flow go to the AI assistance  and turn it off  just before i start the APU / get the Aircraft ready and then turn it back on just before pushback. The FBW team in its infinite wisdom thinks the solution to an issue that they are having is to COMPLETELY DISABLE THE AI menu from the screen. FORCING ME the end user to completely pause the sim and  go dig through the assistance menus to find the ai atc section for what used to be a milisecond operation which i use multiple times during the flight.

The explanation given for the wholesale disabling of a feature of the sim is in my view unacceptable as an end user and as a fellow software developer. The issue they claimed they are having post SU9 In my opinion requires them to work with Asobo. NOT THEM WHOLESALE DISABLING FEATURES IN THE SOFTWARE PLATFORM I AM USING. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT NOTICE!!!!!.

Also tell your mods to get tougher skin .. I just sat down to use the sim and instead of enjoying my flight i had to sit there and spend an hour trying to figure out WTH is going on with my sim as to why boxes are greyed out and features are not working (did one of my files get corrupted? / Is it something i did ? Did my cat lie down on my keyboard and screw something up? Is it a livery ? This was all working 24 hours ago !!)Once i wasted what little flight time i had  trying to find out whats wrong instead of you know .. actually flying i entered their discord .. Not a curse word uttered but your "mod" felt i was being rude by pointing out that this is unacceptable to be greying out sim features as a "solution" ? I Sorry "Holland"  I don't care if the product is free..  If you have made an error in judgement I'm going to point it out.. Removing access to a feature in the sim is not a solution .. point blank period.

I'm sure the users not affected are going to chime in and i may be theoretically sitting alone on this island. After all this is Avsim but for me this is a big no no. You didn't develop asobos code.. you DON'T disable end users features on a platform to solve an issue with your own code.

Just spoke to a Mod .. since i use the Built in ATC i'm not in the majority .. Well then ..  I guess that just freed up my time.

Good luck to the team ..  I guess i have more time for other pursuits until i have another jet i can spend time with.

When this sim came out i was passionate voice when Asobo screwed up and commented  on how dysfunctional the updates were going. I later discovered the best way to deal with ASOBO's dysfunction and not get riled up when they break stuff was to just have a whatever will be approach keep expectations very low and find other things to do when the sim is royally screwed up. Never would i have thought i would have to do that with these devs.  My fault for putting higher expectations on them .. That error in judgement though  is completely mine.. wont ever happen again though  for any developer..regardless of how great  they appear  to be doing.

Edited by Maxis
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

@Watsi

Ive used the FBW product all this time NO ISSUE right up to last night. Now i always in my flow go to the AI assistance  and turn it off  just before i start the APU / get the Aircraft ready and then turn it back on just before pushback. The FBW team in its infinite wisdom thinks the solution to an issue that they are having is to COMPLETELY DISABLE THE AI menu from the screen. FORCING ME the end user to completely pause the sim and  go dig through the assistance menus to find the ai atc section for what used to be a milisecond operation which i use multiple times during the flight.

The explanation given for the wholesale disabling of a feature of the sim is in my view unacceptable as an end user and as a fellow software developer. The issue they claimed they are having post SU9 In my opinion requires them to work with Asobo. NOT THEM WHOLESALE DISABLING FEATURES IN THE SOFTWARE PLATFORM I AM USING. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT NOTICE!!!!!.

Also tell your mods to get tougher skin .. I just sat down to use the sim and instead of enjoying my flight i had to sit there and spend an hour trying to figure out WTH is going on with my sim as to why boxes are greyed out and features are not working (did one of my files get corrupted? / Is it something i did ? Did my cat lie down on my keyboard and screw something up? Is it a livery ? This was all working 24 hours ago !!)Once i wasted what little flight time i had  trying to find out whats wrong instead of you know .. actually flying i entered their discord .. Not a curse word uttered but your "mod" felt i was being rude by pointing out that this is unacceptable to be greying out sim features as a "solution" ? I Sorry "Holland"  I don't care if the product is free..  If you have made an error in judgement I'm going to point it out.. Removing access to a feature in the sim is not a solution .. point blank period.

I'm sure the users not affected are going to chime in and i may be theoretically sitting alone on this island. After all this is Avsim but for me this is a big no no. You didn't develop asobos code.. you DON'T disable end users features on a platform to solve an issue with your own code.

Just spoke to a Mod .. since i use the Built in ATC i'm not in the majority .. Well then ..  I guess that just freed up my time.

Good luck to the team ..  I guess i have more time for other pursuits until i have another jet i can spend time with.

When this sim came out i was passionate voice when Asobo screwed up and commented  on how dysfunctional the updates were going. I later discovered the best way to deal with ASOBO's dysfunction and not get riled up when they break stuff was to just have a whatever will be approach keep expectations very low and find other things to do when the sim is royally screwed up. Never would i have thought i would have to do that with these devs.  My fault for putting higher expectations on them .. That error in judgement though  is completely mine.. wont ever happen again though  for any developer..regardless of how great  they appear  to be doing.

I believe you're asking too much for something which is AMAZING and is given to you for free ?

Maybe this really isn't the addon for you ? 

Given the detail and talllent as well as the dedication that FBW has put into this project I am sure they have good reasons to implement their decisions regarding how it goes with the base sim platform. It's Give or Take it... It costs us NOTHING !

C'mon, I am sure you think this way to, and are just a bit too overstressed by no big deal / mess....

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

@Watsi

FBW mod saying Vatsim/Ivao users or whatever and not MSFS ATC users are the majority flying this plane just can't be true. On their Discord yes but among all users no way.

Edited by Sagoland

4 hours ago, Maxis said:

You do relize is free and you expect a customer service or what? 😄 And trust me, if FBW loses you as supporter, they will gain 10 supporters. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I like the good work of the FBW team, it is not a product but a creation, I like to be in the experimental segment because I can follow the A320 development. The installer works perfectly to update the software more times night and day.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

3 hours ago, Maxis said:

@Watsi

Either I'm too old to understand this world or I'm getting grumpy, but I can't help howling at such self-centeredness, intolerance and lack of gratitude. In any case, there is no better way to discourage those who offer us the fruits of their labor for free, and whom I will never cease to thank for that.

• Like 8

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

9 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Either I'm too old to understand this world or I'm getting grumpy, but I can't help howling at such self-centeredness, intolerance and lack of gratitude. In any case, there is no better way to discourage those who offer us the fruits of their labor for free, and whom I will never cease to thank for that.

This isn't about lack of gratitude. It's about FBW making it harder to use inbuilt ATC even tthough it doesnt affect their plane as they cite affect as the reason for this stupid change.