Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

PMDG 737 pricing

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

Yeah, but nobody ever made these comparisons. The Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 are as comparable as it gets! Both narrow body airliners, servicing the same routes with nearly the same operating procedures, fuel loads, cargo, etc. The two planes honestly don't get any closer in comparison. 

Agreed.

Mark

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

14 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I just don't understand why they're seen as "competitors"?

From a simmers perspective they are all competitors, because simmers don't have to worry about the finances of an airline or consider passenger numbers. You can fly any aircraft on any route - empty if you want.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

28 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

It may not be. But Fenix now knowing the price may decide to under cut their price. Even a five dollar difference will likely improve their sales.

Mark

The Fenix also has to compete with a really good competitor whose product costs zero dollars and zero cents.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

$5 really? I’m sorry, but the price of a Starbucks coffee has no influence on a flightsim addon purchase for me. If you can’t afford a $5 price difference between addons, you’re in the wrong hobby. How much was your GPU?

Why do you assume that everyone questioning the price “can’t afford” the product. This is simply nonsense. Just because one can afford something doesn’t mean the price is justified. I can “afford” to pay $500 for a digital 737 but it doesn’t mean I’ll buy it.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

39 minutes ago, CaptainNightBeauty said:

" but I couldn't move back for the visuals". 

Yup........

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am having a hard time digesting the idea that pricing is “more than fair.” What would simply be just fair? An entire package of variants would cost more than $200. Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

Cheers, Pete

Personally, I don't see them as a "package". I've had the NGXu in P3D since release and I've probably flown the 900 three times. I duplicate flights from Flightware and on the routes I typically fly, it's all 700s and 800s. I see the price as fair because any one of the models would be perfectly able to satisfy all of my needs for all of my MSFS 737 flights. So... $75 for a PMDG 700 or 800 is a very fair price in my opinion. Besides that, SW developers work hard and deserve to get a fair price for their work. It might be us getting a little greedy if we expect four airplanes for the price of one.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I'm happy I got the NGXu so I'll simply use the first $69.99 on the 737-700 and use the left over $30 credit on the 737-800. 

My $99 almost got me 2.5 PMDG packages for the price of one. (P3D NGXU  + MSFS 737  + $30 on second MSFS 737 )

That's how I feel. Going back to 2018, I have paid $180 to PMDG for the NG and NGXu. A ticket to see the 2 hour and 2 minute long movie, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, is $22 at the theater down the street tonight. That's $11/hr. If I divide $180 by the number of flight hours I've got on them, the NG & NGXu were a bargain on a per hour basis. I'm thrilled that I'll get the 700 and 800 for less than $50. PMDG certainly did live up to their end of the deal, that's for sure.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Why do you assume that everyone questioning the price “can’t afford” the product. This is simply nonsense. Just because one can afford something doesn’t mean the price is justified. I can “afford” to pay $500 for a digital 737 but it doesn’t mean I’ll buy it.

Because it was $5, not $500. If there's a 5 dollar differential, that won't break most bank accounts nor would it be very controversial.  

2 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Because it was $5, not $500. If there's a 5 dollar differential, that won't break most bank accounts nor would it be very controversial.  

That’s not the point. Using the term “can’t afford” completely disregards the principle and is also rather condescending in my opinion.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Yeah, but nobody ever made these comparisons. The Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 are as comparable as it gets! Both are narrow body airliners, servicing the same routes with nearly the same operating procedures, fuel loads, cargo, etc. The two planes honestly don't get any closer in comparison. 

From an airline's financial perspective, certainly. But from a pilot (or simmer) perspective, they're extremely different. 

There just must be something different about how I see this stuff.  I can't see why someone who was interested in learning to fly a 737 would be dissuaded from that by learning to fly a Bus instead.  The two things are just totally different.  If they were both 737NGs, or both Airbuses, THEN they'd be competitors.  But they're totally different types. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

12 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

I didn’t assume…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

If you were undecided about which of the two planes to buy and one was $69.99 and the other was $64.99 I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some, if not many, would go for the cheaper one.

Mark

Well, if the price difference is a Starbucks Latte, I guess I’ll go with the plane that I think will bring me the most enjoyment.

5 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Personally, I don't see them as a "package". I've had the NGXu in P3D since release and I've probably flown the 900 three times. I duplicate flights from Flightware and on the routes I typically fly, it's all 700s and 800s. I see the price as fair because any one of the models would be perfectly able to satisfy all of my needs for all of my MSFS 737 flights. So... $75 for a PMDG 700 or 800 is a very fair price in my opinion. Besides that, SW developers work hard and deserve to get a fair price for their work. It might be us getting a little greedy if we expect four airplanes for the price of one.

That's how I feel. Going back to 2018, I have paid $180 to PMDG for the NG and NGXu. A ticket to see the 2 hour and 2 minute long movie, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, is $22 at the theater down the street tonight. That's $11/hr. If I divide $180 by the number of flight hours I've got on them, the NG & NGXu were a bargain on a per hour basis. I'm thrilled that I'll get the 700 and 800 for less than $50. PMDG certainly did live up to their end of the deal, that's for sure.  

I see what you are saying, and it makes sense. The angle I’m coming from is that I paid $140 for the 800-900 in P3D and I’d be paying $145 for the 700-800 in MSFS. Those are only two I really want, but I will not get the 800 for this reason. I, like others, have purchase the 737 three times already, so I guess I am a bit frustrated.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

Well, if the price difference is a Starbucks Latte, I guess I’ll go with the plane that I think will bring me the most enjoyment.

And if your undecided which of the the two planes would give you more enjoyment? I think many would go for the cheaper one.

Mark

Edited by Gate99

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

I see what you are saying, and it makes sense. The angle I’m coming from is that I paid $140 for the 800-900 in P3D and I’d be paying $145 for the 700-800 in MSFS. Those are only two I really want, but I will not get the 800 for this reason. I, like others, have purchase the 737 three times already, so I guess I am a bit frustrated.

Cheers, Pete

They made it very clear in November 2019 that your purchase of the NGXU would 100% go towards the MSFS version. Some of us will benefit (me) some of us won’t. That’s how life works. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

4 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

I’d go for the half-price shake from 3pm to 5pm at Steak n’ Shake, but then I’d be putting on too many extra pounds. This is already a problem due to sitting on my word not allowed, simming, and drinking beer!

Cheers, Pete