Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Maybe Forced To Buy the PMDG 737 BBJ

Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if it's somehow possible to change the standby instruments of the BBJ?
I like the range so I won't switch to the regular 737-700, but the rattling is annoying and no LAND3 either. It's greyed/locked in the options, but maybe one can fiddle with a config file somewhere?

Best,

Markus

On 5/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, ryanbatc said:

Smooth fps, HUD (I think it's called HGS), mach .80 cruise

Not working so well, it suffers divergent strabismus. PMDG team is working on a fix, but it will take some time

21 hours ago, bendead said:

Not working so well, it suffers divergent strabismus. PMDG team is working on a fix, but it will take some time

What is that?  I admit I've not flown the plane for a few days.... didn't even boot my PC for 2 days hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

What is that?  I admit I've not flown the plane for a few days.... didn't even boot my PC for 2 days hehe.

They have an issue with magnetic declination, so the the runway edge lines will most of the time not align with the runway and be a couple of degrees left or right. The flight path indicator is also often pointing the PAPI rather than the runway centerline.

They are working on it, but it's not great that they did not talk about it before release and we had to find out in the tutorial PDF.

Edited by bendead

It's a great aircraft, performs better than the FBW A320.

But keep in mind that the PMDG 737 CANNOT use the MSFS built-in flight planner on the world map. You have to use external tools such as Simbrief or Little Navmap for flight planning, then save the file to the right folder (you can set the folder in Little Navmap once and it remembers), and load it from the FMC.

I don't see this as a bad thing, but it can be disappointing if you expect otherwise. 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I like the Just Flight BAE 146. It gets into more airports (short strips), can use MSFS flightplans, has steam gauges only on the dash, hand flies nicely. I don't touch the elevator (yoke) on takeoff or it will dance around badly. Just rev up power levers to 55% or so with the parking brakes (and also the foot brakes) on, release brakes and it will take off straight and true with just a little rudder correction (not very much correction) all by itself (hand flying). I like how it drops fast on landing, I don't like floaters. Odd that it will move forward ever so slowly with handbrakes on so I also mash the pedal brakes when revving up, then it doesn't move at all.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.