Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

This is the inflection point

For heavens sakes its not even a Turbo Prop! Sigh! 

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Visually it's pretty stunning, but Asobo as a Company has a lot of learning to do still and they seem to do but very slowly. This sim still needs work in some key areas, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it'll get fixed. 

I can say one thing for certain, I had some amazing moments in this simulator. Moments that made me grin and wondered, if I'm seeing this on a PC, how cool this must be in the real plane in the same spot, at the same time - I can't say I experienced this in P3D, FSX or FS98. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

From the moment MSFS was announced i think most people could see the potential of this sim. The journey has been long, and we’ve had our fair share of ups and downs, but with the recent and upcoming releases of serious study level sims, combined with the maturing of the core sim, i think we have reach an inflection point with this project. The amazing potential of MSFS has been clearly demonstrated with PMDG’s 737 and the upcoming Fenix A320, not to forget the Maddog and Just Flight’s 146 Professional. This is the golden era of our hobby. 

Of course lots of work remains, but to me this platform has exceeded my wildest dreams only a few short years ago. This is also the point, i believe, where many holdouts from other sims will now jump in. It is just too hard to resist for sim fans. 

Welcome aboard, Captains! 

I agree,  MSFS really gained momentum over the last 2 weeks and hit critical mass when the PMDG 737, BAe 146, Leonardo Maddog, and Milviz 310 were released. I see so many streamers using XP and P3D that are now streaming MSFS. And the number of XP users switching over to MSFS in the last few weeks is frightening, in streams, Reddit, etc.

And this all happened without the Fenix A320. The Fenix A320 is just icing on the cake.  After the Fenix A320 is released, the critical mass will turn into a black hole 🤣.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Manny said:

What is wrong with the Seminole or the Duke! That was not simulated? The onus is on you sir! To prove that the C310 is simulating something as good as the PMDG 737?

Sir I believe the onus is on you to get a basic grasp of simple concepts before we can proceed.  The Milviz C310 (also the FSW C414) is simulated at a depth and to levels far more realistic than any Seminole or Duke that are available MSFS. They are the most deeply simulated GA aircraft for MSFS currently available, in terms of aerodynamics, systems, failures, state persistence, and various other featues (i.e: read more here: https://milviz.com/flight/products/MV310R2020/index.php).

So similar to how the PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 are the best-in-class for airliner jets in MSFS currently, so are the Milviz C310 or FSW C414 for GA aircrafts ... but trying to compare a GA bird to a jet airliner bird is a non-sensical exercise you'd best be served to avoid.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

but trying to compare a GA bird to a jet airliner bird is a non-sensical exercise you'd best be served to avoid.

Exactly! 

why bring the C310 when the OP is talking about Airliners?

Edited by Manny

Manny

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am trying to understand the DIFFERENT in the sim! IS all! 

Its an insult to  the likes on PMDG 737 to compare something as mundane as the 310 to the 737. Whenever there is a discussion on Airliner, there comes a few people, who quietly sneaks in the C310 in. 🙂

The thread is about the maturing of MSFS, with the recent release of many excellent aircraft addons.  Those aircraft are not only airliners, but GA including the Milviz C310R. You are making a mistake by comparing an airliner with a GA. for example, you couldn't criticise the 310 for not having an FMC, and neither can you state the 737 is better because it has one.  These aircraft are designed for entirely different purposes.  The Milvic C310R is currently the best simulated GA aircraft.  It can be compare to the likes of the SWS Kodiak and the FSW C414, but not a B737.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, Manny said:

Exactly! 

Lolol... well I'd like to think you're not this dense, but let me try one last time. What we are saying is, just how the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 are consequential to airline flyers in MSFS, so are the Milviz C310 and FSW C414 to GA flyers in MSFS.  Therefore, all these aircrafts are consequential and impactful to MSFS overall. If that still doesn't make sense to you, then you're a lost cause.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

IT does not even compare or come close to what the PMDG 737 (or the 777 or the 747) or let me speculate the Airbus A320 or the Leonardo 82.

To the comparison of the  Seminole or the FSX version of whatcumeigt call it, their twin. Its a bout the same.  I stand by it! I have flown quite a few twins in real life to start with Piper Seneca. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am trying to understand the DIFFERENT in the sim! IS all! 

Its an insult to  the likes on PMDG 737 to compare something as mundane as the 310 to the 737. Whenever there is a discussion on Airliner, there comes a few people, who quietly sneaks in the C310 in. 🙂

And then there is Manny who seems compelled to knock the 310 again. This is the second thread you have derailed because of your attitude regarding the 310.

PLEASE stop this nonsense and let the threads continue.  This one was a comment on ALL the great new A/C being released  for MSFS and what they bring to the sim both for GA and commercial aviation.

Enough - now let's get back on track.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 minutes ago, Manny said:

Exactly! 

why bring the C310 when the OP is talking about Airliners?

The thread is concerning the maturing of MSFS with detailed aircraft addons - the Milviz C310R is a detailed addon aircraft.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I think I have some weird autotranslation problem. Everytime I see the C310 mentioned I find myself reading it as C-130, and then wonder why people are raving about it. Must be because I'd really love a proper C-130 but the C310 does nothing for me.

That aside, and back on point, I don't know about an inflection point, but this is still one hull of a sim. Currently not working too well for me personally as I'm being hit by the crippled frame rate issue post SU9, but I'm reasonably confident that'll get sorted at some point. And although I have really no interest in all that button pushing lark, even I am tempted by the PMDG 737, and maybe the Fenix (although I'd prefer a 318 version) - they do both look so good I might even be prepared to learn some of the procedures. Maybe.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Just have a look how far this sim has come! I have waited to make this video since MSFS 2020 was released. Followed the authentic 310R POH from preflight to shutdown!

MILVIZ Cessna 310R (Part 2) Real Pilot - Complete Flight Lesson - Flying the 310R by the Book - 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ZGvYqf5o4

On May 04, 2022, MilViz released the Cessna 310R. This Cessna is the most systems intense general aviation aircraft released to date for Flight Simulator. With the systems depth modelled in this aircraft it is possible to follow the sequential real world operational checklists from startup to shutdown offering unparalleled realism in the home computer. Join me, from Flagstaff Arizona, in this immersive simulated flight as we fly an RNAV (GPS) approach into Grand Canyon National Park (KGCN) following the content in the real world Pilot’s Operating Handbook (POH). Step by step flight instructions to fly the 310R for the complete trip from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon National Park airport are provided.

This is a 158 nm flight that takes 50 minutes to complete. Flight Plan - KFLG BISOP SAVRE CARMS HAPLY KGCN Download The Flight Level condensed version of the C310R checklists and numerous specification and performance tables here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11-sB... Video Timestamps: MilViz - Tom Cruise Intro 0:03 PreFlight Inspection - Cessna 310R Orientation 0:36 Before Engine Starting 6:19 Engines Starting 8:26 Before Taxiing 9:53 Before Takeoff - Engine Runup 10:57 Taxi to Hold Short 13:25 Lining up RWY 03 14:56 Takeoff - Maximum Performance Takeoff 15:46 Engage Autopilot 17:52 Climb - Cruise Climb 19:12 Cruise 19:46 Descent 22:08 Before landing 25:56 Disengage Autopilot 27:28 Short Final 29:10 Shutdown 31:15

• Like 6

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Over the years since the first MS flightsim, I have always purchased addon airliners.  I would relish yet another huge manual to read and understand. For a while I managed SATUK London division, before it became VATSIM.  Spent a long time with others developing ATC training courses for new controllers for the UK.  We implemented realistic procedures for the main UK airports.

FSX bit the dust so I picked up P3D and Xplane.  I mostly flew GA for the first time since I starting simming.  I have continued with GA Exclusively since the release of MSFS.  I have watched many videos about the Just Flight 146, PMDG 737 and Leonardo MD82.  I have been tempted by the 146, but as yet have not purchased.

Today I watched FlightDeck2Sim fly the Fenix 737 and I was blown away, not only by the fidelity of the aircraft, but also blown away by the EFB and integration of just about everything onto that EFB.  I was further blown away because that EFB can be placed onto an external iPad!  I am now in the queue to buy the Fenix A320 and to re-awaken my interest in airliners.  I must congratulate KatiePilot for her work on the EFB as using many different apps to do what her EFB does was one of the reasons I didn't want to fly the airliners.  Her work on the EFB and integration with Simbrief is stunning.

MSFS itself is maturing nicely.  I changed to an HDR monitor a couple of months ago and that increased the realism.  Just as we have had an influx of superb addon aircraft, I really feel MSFS is not far away from its next major step, especially with weather and performance.  DX12 and DLSS may give us a big performance jump and promised weather improvements should increase the realism of the environment we fly through.

I would like to finish off by categorically stating my decision to buy the Fenix 320 was not influenced at all by Manny's views on the Milviz C310R. It is a great aircraft from a great bunch of people.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Visually it's pretty stunning, but Asobo as a Company has a lot of learning to do still and they seem to do but very slowly

It is definitely not just visually stunning and while you say Asobo is slow to learn, without a doubt they have accomplished more in two years than any other dev has managed by a vast margin.

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

It is definitely not just visually stunning and while you say Asobo is slow to learn, without a doubt they have accomplished more in two years than any other dev has managed by a vast margin.

It’s a real observation from me and not a dig, just to be clear. While they tested (and still are) my levels of patience with them, they really are learning slowly and if I had to pick another bone with them, it’s the selection of items they’re prioritizing, but other than it - they’re cool in my book and I’ll support them as long as they deserve to. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |