Sign in to follow this  
blueshark747

ORBX Hollywood Burbank V2 Update Heads Up

Just a heads up to prior Version KBUR  purchase customers, this product will not automatically update in the ORBX App, you need to uninstall V1, then go to store page and choose KBUR V2 which will appear as FREE.

Here I was waiting for the update to que any day thinking it was still in ORBX's storefront process waiting to post, but you have to do it manually to receive V2.

• Like 7

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Yes I got it. I installed and it doesn't work. I went back to its payware version of Orbix. It stays and stays when I go to KBUR.  I have to kill the Fsim session. 

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yeah, it CTDs for me when loading in.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

What's the difference?  Version 1 appears to be a direct port from p3d.  It's got some of the lowest rez textures I've seen in MSFS yet.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

What's the difference?  Version 1 appears to be a direct port from p3d.  It's got some of the lowest rez textures I've seen in MSFS yet.

KBUR Hollywood Burbank Airport v2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Key Features

Complete ultra-HD rendition of Hollywood Burbank Airport

Reworked groundpoly using custom textures

Sloped runways with realistic elevation

New apron expansion

Custom modelling throughout, with complete PBR textures

Unique GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to Burbank

Custom vegetation, grass and non-airside detailing

New static aircraft with Control Panel option to remove

• Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Doesn't look all that much better to me.  Not really all that impressed, guess I got what I paid for.

Edited by cmorg

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

It doesn't perform well for me. There is a rather steep "ramp" around gate B5 and it just looks the exact same as V1 does to be honest. If they added the option to remove static aircraft in V1 it would be great.

2 minutes ago, cmorg said:

Doesn't look all that much better to me.  Not really all that impressed, but boy am I glad I didn't pay for it.

It's hard to tell from the screenshots.  I am looking on my mobile but when zooming in I agree, it almost looks no different.  I'm not sure what resolution the shots are but I wish developers would start posting 4k product pics, or at least 1440P.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is only one post on the Orbx forums so if something needs to be addressed then I would post there. Otherwise they will think everything is fine. I'm going to hold off until I see more feedback. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm at my PC will try to install and see what it looks like and post a pic or two

oh edit word not allowed forgot about the new WU - nevermind maybe later tonight I can boot the sim

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Interesting. I thought that they were charging an update fee. It was a free update. Thanks for the HU.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm at my PC will try to install and see what it looks like and post a pic or two

oh edit word not allowed forgot about the new WU - nevermind maybe later tonight I can boot the sim

The world update takes one minute. You don't have to download Italy update. If I were you, I'd wait. I might uninstall the package.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

If they added the option to remove static aircraft in V1 it would be great.

IHzeFwb.png

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

It is a free update for those who own V1, but you have to delete the old one, ‘buy’ (you don’t need to pay) and install V2 separately in Orbx Central.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea