Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Fenix A320- Single Point Feedback/Request Collection

Can anyone please clarify the use of "Microsoft Store Symbolic Link" and "Downloads Folder" in the Livery Manager?

I want to set my liveries on, e.g, E:\Liveries\A320Fenix (I assume this is obviously the "Downloads Folder") and using the AddonsLinker create a symbolic link to the MSFS Community Folder. 

PS: I got it - please discard this post

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

Carl so good to see you ! I do miss you from all the betas we did 🙂

Testing this further, but deliberately avoided manually engaging approach mode in the CDU, expecting it to slow to green dot speed and auto engage (was keeping flaps up) over the deceleration point on the ND. APPR mode didnt auto engage and the airspeed plummeted like a rock in to stall protection. CDU was still giving me the option of activating approach mode.

all the best

JR

• Like 1

- Jane Whittaker

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Ahhhh, thank you!   That is my problem as of today.  I literally have no EFB as of today, despite it working fine yesterday.

Same here, EFB is totally unresponsive - just displays, "Fenix Simulations"...

• Like 1

Is the MCDU not suppose to count down miles and match the ND?  When it acquires the waypoint the mileage just stays at the number it was on when acquired?  The ND shows the correct countdown but not the MCDU.  Is that a bug or is that normal (other airbus sims countdown in MCDU).

Thanks 

Darcy

Fenix Update LIVE on Fenix App- go get yours now.

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Two issues i have noticed from launch. Push back tug fails to work most times. And the other, despite setting the Cold and Dark panel state to default, it always starts reeady to take off, with engines etc all running.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I'd really love to see a CRT screen version of the A320 someday. Not expecting a full EIS 1 rewrite but at least having the option of the rounded bevel CRT screens.

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

For those following along please note I had an issue with all displays freezing.  Control input was showing correctly (thrust, sidestick, reversers etc.) however PFD, ND and ECAMs were all frozen.  Restarting the Fenix app had no success.

This happens to me also. Did you have a high graphical load at the time it happened? I think the maybe GPU rendering gets overloaded.

Craig Sells

The new update has sorted a few of my issues out. Much much smoother performance. iGPU rendering seems to work now as well.

Fullscreen iPad works too for the EFB.

• Like 1

Craig Sells

2 hours ago, JaneRachel said:

Carl so good to see you ! I do miss you from all the betas we did 🙂

Testing this further, but deliberately avoided manually engaging approach mode in the CDU, expecting it to slow to green dot speed and auto engage (was keeping flaps up) over the deceleration point on the ND. APPR mode didnt auto engage and the airspeed plummeted like a rock in to stall protection. CDU was still giving me the option of activating approach mode.

all the best

JR

I don't understand: Why did the speed plummet? Even without any APPR phase engaged it should NEVER fall below green dot speed.
As for the APPR phase - this only activates automatically if you are on managed descent, so perhaps this explains one part.

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I don't understand: Why did the speed plummet? Even without any APPR phase engaged it should NEVER fall below green dot speed.
As for the APPR phase - this only activates automatically if you are on managed descent, so perhaps this explains one part.

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

heya,

Yes it was a managed descent, with managed speed, so your guess is as good as mine why the speed plummeted or why the APPR phase didnt properly trigger. I was deliberately hands off letting the aircraft do its thing to see how it handled automatic approach. It was fully on speed and profile on the transition from STAR to the ILS intercept.

- Jane Whittaker

1 hour ago, JaneRachel said:

heya,

Yes it was a managed descent, with managed speed, so your guess is as good as mine why the speed plummeted or why the APPR phase didnt properly trigger. I was deliberately hands off letting the aircraft do its thing to see how it handled automatic approach. It was fully on speed and profile on the transition from STAR to the ILS intercept.

Just flew a managed descento into KMIA, via the STAR, and it correctly auto-set APPR phase (and reduced speed to green dot) once it reached the pink D with the circle on the ND. So on my side it works as designed.

Edited by Fiorentoni

8 hours ago, kevinh said:

My biggest issue is the poor DU smoothing. Everythings fine until you hit a bit of turbulence and then the PFD, ND and upper ECAM can go totally unstable. The route dancing all over the place and the attitude ball varying from full pitch down to full nose up. Wild swings of ISA and altitude. Sim framerates are about the same as the PMDG 737 for me and smooth as butter apart from rapid heading changes on ground which can stutter a bit. You need to be able to limit DU frame rates to get a smooth result. It looks to me as if interpolation routines are going unstable with uneven frames. Either that or remove the turbulence effects on the displays (MCDU positions were rock solid not showing huge deviations as on the ND). This is a show stopper for me. It's a shame as it looks fantastic and the systems simulation is wonderful. Not quite as immersive as the FSL but the detail is all there.

The update has made a big improvement in display stability for me. Overall fps is about the same but it's now flyable and reliable for me. It seems to have fixed the panel state problem too. Progress.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I too am hearing good things about the update and look forward to flying it in the am!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

12 hours ago, Farlis said:

I'm always a bit hesitant when people make such claims. What do you base this on? Your own real world perception of working in a real A320 and having started them up countless times from the flight deck with closed doors?

Or your sim experience of other Airbus Add-Ons?

320Simpilot ( real 320 Captain ) made the same observation on his YT channel. I have to agree, it is too silent.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.