Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Fenix A320- Single Point Feedback/Request Collection

I have problems with the speed brake. Get a message saying that SPEED BRK is still out...but it isn´t...it is fully retracted as I can see in the F/CTL page and on its lever.

Anyone? 

Edmundo Azevedo

Currently the time acceleration is disabled. This is an absolute show stopper for me. With family and work I‘m limited to less than 2 hours flights on weekends, sometimes even less. So having the option to set the sim rate to 2x or 4x the default speed during cruise is an essential feature for me. If the Fenix will not be able to implement this, then this plane will not be for me unfortunately.

• Like 2

Just now, ega said:

I have problems with the speed brake. Get a message saying that SPEED BRK is still out...but it isn´t...it is fully retracted as I can see in the F/CTL page and on its lever.

Anyone? 

Have you calibrated your controls in the MDCU?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Would like to see time acceleration enabled, even if only 2x.

Some basic support for hardware would be appreciated, especially (selfishly) the Skalarki desktop FCU and MCDU.  I appreciate this one is complicated and prosim has concerns about hardware support for the Fenix but hopefully this can be worked out as I think it should be clear that people like me with one or two desktop hardware modules are not a potential prosim customer so they’re not losing out on anything.

i also noticed last night that I could hear the com2 ATC audio despite the audio selector for com2 being off.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Should Fenix discuss adding cabin announcements, please consider variability (accents, airlines etc.) along with regional accents for the Tug driver interaction.  Imagine departing with Yorkshire Brogue and arriving in clipped Tyrol 😉 

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

11 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Per this thread, some buyers have had difficulty activating EFB

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fenix-a320-efb-does-not-switch-on/519386/76

T45

Ahhhh, thank you!   That is my problem as of today.  I literally have no EFB as of today, despite it working fine yesterday.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Fenix needs its own forum. This forum is already inundated with Fenix threads.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Fenix needs its own forum. This forum is already inundated with Fenix threads.

No worse than when the bl00dy Kodiak came out ...

90% of what is being reported here can be solved by checking the FENIX Knowledge Base articles ...

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, SierraDelta said:

No worse than when the bl00dy Kodiak came out ...

90% of what is being reported here can be solved by checking the FENIX Knowledge Base articles ...

True

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

<<Have you calibrated your controls in the MDCU?

Thanks Carl.

I have calibrated the throttle - is there any other axis to calibrate? 

Edmundo Azevedo

Yes Sir! Throttles, Flap and Null Zones for the Sidestick (or whatever you are using). Just step through the MCDU pages

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks again Carl - it seems it is OK now!

Regards

Edmundo Azevedo

My reports after day 3:-

Apparent bugs

1. EFB intermittantly fails to initialize; despite several app restarts.  This is not just a failure of the EFB as a device; when it occurs the MCDUs are frozen and the plane is inoperable, due to the app providing comprehensive systems logic.
  2. Pushback:  For me, default pushback does not work (it ends the pushback 1 second after I attempt to start it), Pushback tool not working with it, and the integrated pushback selection in the EFB is always greyed out (may be user error, me not meeting a pre-condition?).   As it is, I am currently driving through buildings and over grass to get to the runway. 😄
  3. Panel states: some are non-functional and some unreliable/intermittent.
  4. Autothrust:  very abrupt and severe in roll-in and roll-off.
  5. FDE:  The plane feels twitchy in the pitch axis and sometimes fails to maintain a held load level, as per FBW - meaning further stick pressure is required to correct lost/gained load.
  6. Pausing issues:  after pausing MSFS with the Fenix A320, on unpausing, odd things happen.  Eg. When set up for take-off, with the T/O config checked, after pausing and unpausing the flaps set back to zero. (I tested this 3 times, to ensure I had not just forgotten to set the flaps!).

Features / lack of features that don't meet personal expectations

1. No FCU modes or knobs are interfaced to MSFS key assignments (AP master excepted). I could accept some being unavailable but, for example, this is the first aircraft released for MSFS to date, where the heading bug is not binded to MSFS's heading bug inc/dec key assignments.  This hugely impacts enjoyment for some.  I do feel it was a great oversight to assume all users are happy using the mouse for all clickable functions.
  2. Time acceleration: not available
  3. No crew 'V1, rotate" audio:  such realism and complexity is being aspired to, but we currently have a mute F/O, which would never be the case in a real A320.  A basic script to fire 'V1' and 'Rotate' WAV files, when the given V speeds are reached would be great. 
  4. No passenger boarding / ambience / announcement sounds: again, just some immersive, ambient audio is needed to increase immersion, as it currently feels a little sterile and empty.
  5. More user config options and preferences are needed in the settings in the EFB.  Eg. audio controls to balance engine and other sounds, ability to tune performance via display FPS (as per PMDG) if that is possible.
  6. Greater performance optimization, with parity with other complex airliner products in the sim.

Things done exceptionally well!

1. Modelling and texturing:  what more can I say; it's divine!
  2. Sounds:  generally high fidelity and well mixed.
  3. Unprecedented systems realism.
  4. Innovation:  the box has certainly been stepped outside of with this one. 
  5. Value:  cannot overstate this one enough.

I personally feel the absolute drive for that innovation has led to some areas of the common-or-garden, meat and bones of the product, not meeting expectations for some.  Eg. (I don't mean this flippantly); what is more important, functional charging cables for EFBs, or reliable pushback capabiltiy with the most popular mod around?   

Personally, I bought this product too early. But it's clear to see how many users are absolutely delighted with it, as is.  I'm looking forward to seeing it develop and evolve, into something that meets a wider range of users expectations.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

For those following along please note I had an issue with all displays freezing.  Control input was showing correctly (thrust, sidestick, reversers etc.) however PFD, ND and ECAMs were all frozen.  Restarting the Fenix app had no success.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper