Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

MSFS Asobo Dev Q&A ongoing now

12 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

this confirms they removed gusts to make it easy #simforsimmers

Pretty sure they're saying if you find it too strong than change to a preset.

12 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

why not say meteoblue?

You're over thinking it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Interesting choice of words, why not say meteoblue? What happened to them? If they are still around why is METAR gusts not already blended into their forecast model like Seb once told us?

So many contradictions (cough...lies) to keep track of.

this confirms they removed gusts to make it easy #simforsimmers

Well, keep in mind this is just my quick transcribing as they were talking 🙂, we can see the full video once they put it up.  Also as English is not their first language, not sure if we can read too much into specific wording they use.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Pretty sure they're saying if you find it too strong than change to a preset.

Why didn't they say that before instead of removing gusts and keeping quiet about it?

It took a year of complaints to finally get them to acknowledge and think about putting it back. A year of frustration and people offering up their free time troubleshooting something they thought was a bug meanwhile the devs knew exactly what they did.

This goes further than just gusts. It's the ongoing theme of dumbing down realism and removing features of the sim without warning.

8 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

This goes further than just gusts. It's the ongoing theme of dumbing down realism and removing features of the sim without warning.

You're making all of this up...

• Like 13

So again nothing to the snow coverage bug although it was on 10th position of the Q&A question list?

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

So again nothing to the snow coverage bug although it was on 10th position of the Q&A question list?

was a short list today of the Forum questions....

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Nothing on AI behavior apparently.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Nothing on AI behavior apparently.

like the last Q&As, but since they have to rewrite and redesign the whole stuff I expct not many news for now

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

They're not dumbing anything down, they've been doing the exact opposite.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

like the last Q&As, but since they have to rewrite and redesign the whole stuff I expct not many news for now

I was hoping for a heads up on where they are in the process of fixing AI behavior. I’m not a coder and I’ve no idea how complicated it is to fix the most glaring issues, like the spinning around on taxiways and the taking forever to exit runway.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I was hoping for a heads up on where they are in the process of fixing AI behavior. I’m not a coder and I’ve no idea how complicated it is to fix the most glaring issues, like the spinning around on taxiways and the taking forever to exit runway.

last time i checked the job offer was still on their homepage (https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/atc-flight-planning-programmer-flight-sim-251)

I guess as long as this is open, we will not see much improvment in the near future 😞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

- VR improvements: decided to change structure of VR team, now they think best way to take VR forward is to make VR a core focus as part of the entire team, as opposed to having a separate VR sub-team as was being done until now... everyone will be testing VR while doing any new features... good news apparently coming soon with DLSS, etc

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Mark

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Can't wait to see what the DLSS support is going to do!

• Like 8

Full video up now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411

Specific points:
- VR: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=00h49m06s
- Hans Hartmann on ATR: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=00h54m13s
- Camera shake, Wind gusts, ATC/AI, Thermals, SU10 & longer betas, etc: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=01h02m52s
- Thermals, updrafts, atmospheric airflow improvements using CFD in larger scale >= SU10: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=01h16m58s
- Ground physics improvements >= SU10: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308771411?t=01h24m12s

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 11

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

What I don't understand ist that ATC doesn't have a higher priority and is rarely even talked about. Vatsim can't be the answer, since it isn't even available on Xbox. For me this is the biggest issue in the sim by far, yet it isn't even sure that it will be significantly improved at all. How can that be ignored? I mean I hope they at least implement proper vectoring, but there are so many more issues and lacking features. And I don't mean some minor phraseology mistakes. I talk about no interaction in Multiplayer at all. Terrible Issues with altitude assignments, no holds and so on. I know this is a difficult task, but it looks like they don't even understand the importance. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1