Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Question on Fenix A320 MCDU - where to find ZFWCG?

I also cannot find anything regarding accelerated time (or instant) for IRS alignment.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I also cannot find anything regarding accelerated time (or instant) for IRS alignment.

Yeah me neither. I would actually like this since sometimes I want to get in the air fast. I can load the plane and do all the preflight stuff rather quickly but then usually have to wait 2-4 min for the IRS to align so I can get rolling. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Hey Nuno !

Enjoying the Fenix ? Is it better than FSLabs ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

30 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Hey Nuno !

Enjoying the Fenix ? Is it better than FSLabs ?

Yes, quite a lot. As for FSL, it does seem to have a few details which are missing from FSL's version regarding approaches, It's a tough call because i much prefer the dynamics of MSFS and won't be returning to P3D when the first long-hauler is released.

FSL's A320 was (and is) an excellent simulation but it also has a LOT of annoying things in the way the package works which, being honest, i'm happy not having to deal with anymore.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I also hope they add an option to allow for instand IRS alignment.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 hours ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yeah me neither. I would actually like this since sometimes I want to get in the air fast. I can load the plane and do all the preflight stuff rather quickly but then usually have to wait 2-4 min for the IRS to align so I can get rolling. 

You could/should use the turn around state for that, I guess. The turn around state is a realistic state: not every flight starts with cold and dark in real life. In fact, more flights might start in a turn around state...?

Pics work for me 🙂 

EDIT: Your first picture is correct, keep it at that. Enter the ZFW and MACZFW you see on the EFB Mass and balance tab at the ZFW/ZWFCG on the INIT B page in the MCDU and you're good to go

1.jpg

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

MACTOW and MACZFW, so which CG do we use?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

There's a trick to instantly align the IRS, maybe it's a bug: Set all three irs to nav. Wait a few seconds. Then switch each to off and back to nav. Aligned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

You could/should use the turn around state for that, I guess. The turn around state is a realistic state: not every flight starts with cold and dark in real life. In fact, more flights might start in a turn around state...?

Most flights use a turn around state in real life. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

As Martin had stated in earlier part of thread :MAC stands for Mean Aerodynamic Chord. It's customary to give the CG as a percentage of MAC, which is presumably why they omitted the "CG" - it's implied from context

So its MACTOW on second screenshot

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

If they labeled it ZFW/ZFWCG instead of TOTW/MACTOW would have been more obvious to me anyway 

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Enter ZFW/ZFWCG from the EFB (mass and balance) on the INIT B page on the MCDU. Then hit “sync loadsheet” on the EFB departure page, like @Richard Sennett has shown in the pictures above. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Enter ZFW/ZFWCG from the EFB (mass and balance) on the INIT B page on the MCDU. Then hit “sync loadsheet” on the EFB departure page, like @Richard Sennett has shown in the pictures above. 

The EFB makes it so easy to load everything into he MCDU. I have  it down to about 5 minutes now. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Didn't know that nice job

Rich Sennett