Sign in to follow this  
mikethe6th

(More) Fenix Questions

Hello,

I've been flying the Fenix for a week and really enjoying it... A few questions:

1. I've got the Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick and having a slight issue with the tiller. Sometimes, when holding the stick to left or right, the plane will begin to turn then stop. I can see the tiller in the 'bus is just going back central. However, after landing, it seems to be working fine. This is happening irrespective of speed. 
  2. I was hoping to bound seat belts to a shortcut key but can't actually find it anywhere. 
  3. I'm importing my flight plan and winds via SimBrief. Does this mean I can ignore TRIP WIND on INIT page 2 on the MCDU? 
  4. I inadvertently ending up with RAT OUT on the ground. I cycled through the maintenance options to get said rat put away, but alas, none seemed to make a blind bit of difference. Any idea? 
  5. Aside from jetty/tug, no ground vehicles seem to interact with the aircraft, eg, loading cargo etc - is this correct? 

Many thanks for any help to the above!

1 hour ago, mikethe6th said:

inadvertently ending up with RAT OUT on the ground.

That I read on their discord is a bug which will be sorted in the next update, IIRC the RAT can deploy when switching to outside view. Not all aircraft are affected, haven’t see this myself in maybe 30 flights so far

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

I'm importing my flight plan and winds via SimBrief. Does this mean I can ignore TRIP WIND on INIT page 2 on the MCDU?

That’s right. The trip wind is disabled when uploading winds.

3 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

Aside from jetty/tug, no ground vehicles seem to interact with the aircraft, eg, loading cargo etc - is this correct?

They should. I can request baggage and catering and they seem to interact properly.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I wish Fenix had a forum instead of discord.

Jeffg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Jeffrey Gerbert

3 hours ago, Jeffg817 said:

Jeffg

Aamir said they are working on that. Hopefully they get it sorted soon now that this MSFS forum here turned actually in a Fenix forum already 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I wish we can toggle baggage belt and catering from the EFB. Now that we had to uninstall Pushback Toolbar, I have no practical way to toggle services…

Pierre

• Like 2

By the way did anyone manage to get Pushback Express to work? On the FS2Crew forums the advice is to start it from the Fenix EFB. H but that doesn’t work for me. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

I wish we can toggle baggage belt and catering from the EFB. Now that we had to uninstall Pushback Toolbar, I have no practical way to toggle services…

Pierre

Agree. Would be handy to have all ground vehicles controlled from the EFB.

Not sure why Fenix devs chose to place the calibration of controllers (ie Throttles, Joystick and Flaps) in the FMGC rather than the EFB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I only once got pushback to work with the Fenix (well, sort of… the tug didn‘t connect to the plane but I could control the pushback  anyway). I‘ve tried vanilla, Fenix EFB, toolbar pushback and pushback helper. None of them work. The tug always tries to connect but then decides otherwise and drives back to its initial position. ATC assistance is deactivated. Does anybody know what the problem is and, more importantly, how it can be worked around?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, DAD said:

Hopefully they get it sorted soon now that this MSFS forum here turned actually in a Fenix forum already

Hmm...I have not noticed that. 🤔🤣

Best post of the day....well, best Fenix post! 😁

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 hours ago, Jeffg817 said:

Jeffg

I just looked at the Commercial forums list on Avism, and most of the names on that list I have never heard of. With all the simmers using the Fenix now, I really don't understand why they don't have a section on Avsim.   Look for yourself.   https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/812-commercial-support-forums-hosted-by-avsim/

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks for the reply, I have been on Avsim since day one and they have always supported addons. I remember a conversation I had with the late Tom Allensworth at the Avsim conference in Denver years ago about another 737 addon that did not have a forum on the site. We never got that worked out.

Jeffg

Jeffrey Gerbert

33 minutes ago, Jeffg817 said:

Thanks for the reply, I have been on Avsim since day one and they have always supported addons. I remember a conversation I had with the late Tom Allensworth at the Avsim conference in Denver years ago about another 737 addon that did not have a forum on the site. We never got that worked out.

Jeffg

If I remember correctly, PMDG had a forum on Avsim until a couple of years ago, when they got their own forum. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I remember correctly, PMDG had a forum on Avsim until a couple of years ago, when they got their own forum. 

Is he not referring to the iFly 737?    (Brings back memories!  WAs nowhere near the overall quality of PMDG, but (IMHO) felt much nicer to hand fly).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I only once got pushback to work with the Fenix (well, sort of… the tug didn‘t connect to the plane but I could control the pushback  anyway). I‘ve tried vanilla, Fenix EFB, toolbar pushback and pushback helper. None of them work. The tug always tries to connect but then decides otherwise and drives back to its initial position. ATC assistance is deactivated. Does anybody know what the problem is and, more importantly, how it can be worked around?

Are your engines running?

Edited by mikethe6th