Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

MK Studios EIDW Missing Jetways

As the title says my Dublin Airport from MKS has no jetways. I have tried reinstalling the scenery but that didn't fix my issue. The terminal textures are also flashing. I know its an issue with MSFS but the flashing is way worse than it is at any other airport.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for asking! I am curious too, please let me know if you have any info regarding the jetways!

Yes same here no Jetways. I assume from the lack of responses it is not an issue for many people.

Not listed as an issue under FAQ on the support section of their website.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

On 6/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, michaelray said:

Yes same here no Jetways. I assume from the lack of responses it is not an issue for many people.

Not listed as an issue under FAQ on the support section of their website.

So I haven't been able to use EIDW as the sim just CTD's when ever I attempt to, but I think I may have found a solution to why the jetways aren't appearing. When you uninstall a scenery from Orbx it seems that the airport isn't uninstalled, so no matter how many times I tried uninstalling BIKF from MK Studios, the airport folder remained which means that reinstalling wasn't doing anything. I deleted my BIKF install manually since I was also missing jetways there. I reinstalled via Orbx and now the jetways are back. I assume that is also the case for EIDW, but as I said above I cannot test due to CTD which seems to be a common issue with Dublin at the moment.

• Like 1

Yes, moving folders out of the folder under Official cures a lot of ills. If a particular airport gives trouble, move it's folder if content manager doesn't move it. 

This was a method Microsoft posted on its forum when one of the G1000 updates went bad. Starting a flight with a plane that used that GPS was a CTD. You had to manually take the G1000 folder out of Official/Steam folder to cure the problem (and then fly the default G1000 in that plane). Later, another G1000 update was released in the marketplace which solved the issue.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I always have CTD with the airport. With any plane. Also with the latest version.

FlyByWire Simulations

On 6/13/2022 at 2:25 AM, shamrockflyer said:

When you uninstall a scenery from Orbx it seems that the airport isn't uninstalled, so no matter how many times I tried uninstalling BIKF from MK Studios, the airport folder remained which means that reinstalling wasn't doing anything.

For the record, Orbx Central does indeed delete the files and if an Orbx Central Library has been used, it deletes the link in the Community folder as well.
Orbx Central, like other installers, cannot deal with bespoke customer installations.

Edited by Reader