Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Fenix A320 - VNAV Speed Locks at 220 Knts

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Speed looks normal, your transponder is in standby, and you don't have altimeter setting adjusted on the right side. You are also in heading mode..

You say the speed looks normal. That is only b/c I had it manually set to 280 knots and then I JUST changed to autothrottle before the screen shot. If you look at the "speedbag" in the lower left, the A/T is looking to slow down to 230 KNTs. valid points on the other items, but right, wrong, or indifferent, I fly that way all the time with no issues. Thanks. 

Switch your FDs on.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

would recommend you watching some Youtube videos and learn how to set the aircraft up for a proper flight

Absolutely. 320SimPilot now has tutorials for the Fenix covering the most common aspects ranging from cold and dark to shutdown. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

17 minutes ago, lehbird said:

You say the speed looks normal. That is only b/c I had it manually set to 280 knots and then I JUST changed to autothrottle before the screen shot. If you look at the "speedbag" in the lower left, the A/T is looking to slow down to 230 KNTs. valid points on the other items, but right, wrong, or indifferent, I fly that way all the time with no issues. Thanks. 

Doesn't look like you have no issues, it looks like your aircraft is not set up correctly. It isn't a Cessna 152. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

38 minutes ago, lehbird said:

- You don't have your speed selected. It's hidden. You've got to pull the speed knob i order for it to show and, in SPEED mode you can than set your target.

For some reason the speed being tracked by the FMGC is that value of 230 knot you mentioned, or 220 ?  You mentioned both...

You can:

- Check what speed is target by pulling the speed knob;

- switch ON both FDs and push the ALT knob so that you can get into managed mode.

There was some suggestion regarding the Cost Index you set. You should check that too..

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Doesn't look like you have no issues, it looks like your aircraft is not set up correctly. It isn't a Cessna 152. 

Gentlemen: I appreciate your help, I really do. And I acknowledge that I am not flying this A/C completely properly. And if I have had zero success flying the aircraft this way, shame on me, I would need to poor through documents and video's to learn how to fly. However, I have flown probably 50 flights in this A/C with no issues, just looking to see what is different these last 3. Again, I appreciate your time and I apologize if I have inconvenienced any of you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Gentlemen: I appreciate your help, I really do. And I acknowledge that I am not flying this A/C completely properly. And if I have had zero success flying the aircraft this way, shame on me, I would need to poor through documents and video's to learn how to fly. However, I have flown probably 50 flights in this A/C with no issues, just looking to see what is different these last 3. Again, I appreciate your time and I apologize if I have inconvenienced any of you. 

OK, you asked for help, we tried to help you, and you aren't willing to listen, so just keep doing what you are doing.  

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, lehbird said:

if I have inconvenienced any of you. 

How would that be ?

Quite on the contrary - your questions are pertinent for me at least and a good source of challenges about the Airbus systems proving I still have a LOT to learn & practce.

There was that suggestion regarding the CI you have set in the MCDU. We must find out why the cyan speed target at the bottom of the speeds tape shows 229 ( knot indicated ).

If in the situation you were when you took that shot you had pulled the speed knob, those 229 knots should have been displayed there. But where do they originate from ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Hi Dave,

no worries whatsoever. For me it looks like you are in some kind of approach mode. Your navigation display (ND) reads RNAV17L. That is probably the problem. Maybe there is a speed constraint of 220kts programmed at the navigation point your MCDU is navigating/calculating to. 

As others suggested: Switch on flight director bars and check the direct to waypoint in your MCDU for any speed constraints. If so, insert just another waypoint without restrictions in speed and your are good to go.

Have fun exploring this beast 🙂

Cheers Martin

• Upvote 1

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz

16 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Again, I appreciate your time and I apologize if I have inconvenienced any of you. 

No inconvenience whatsoever. Been following this thread but haven’t been able to come up with any advice not already given. You say you’ve flown about 50 flights, so I guess you’re familiar with the basic features of the aircraft. 

As for me I’ve learned pretty much everything from 320SimPilot’s videos. And of course - still learning!

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

22 minutes ago, jcomm said:

- You don't have your speed selected. It's hidden. You've got to pull the speed knob i order for it to show and, in SPEED mode you can than set your target.

For some reason the speed being tracked by the FMGC is that value of 230 knot you mentioned, or 220 ?  You mentioned both...

You can:

- Check what speed is target by pulling the speed knob;

- switch ON both FDs and push the ALT knob so that you can get into managed mode.

There was some suggestion regarding the Cost Index you set. You should check that too..

there may also be a very early activation of approach mode, so the aircraft is looking for green dot speed at that altitude.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- Jane Whittaker

1 hour ago, lehbird said:

I see from other posts you apparently don't want to learn how to fly this aircraft properly. Not sure why you would purchase such a sophisticated airliner that requires you to fly it the way it was designed when you don't want to. We can't help you if you don't at least try. You have all kinds of issues in that screenshot.

1 hour ago, lehbird said:

However, I have flown probably 50 flights in this A/C with no issues, just looking to see what is different these last 3. 

I have no reason to NOT believe you but when I see how much is setup wrong on your screenshot I find it hard to believe you actually had 50 succesful flights (in about 24 days since its release...?)...! Anyway, having said that: whatever is causing your low speeds, the root cause is your improper usage of the Airbus. Learn how to fly it properly and you won't have this problem anymore. Problem solved.

• Like 4

Just now, tup61 said:

I have no reason to NOT believe you but when I see how much is setup wrong on your screenshot I find it hard to believe you actually had 50 succesful flights (in about 24 days since its release...?)...! Anyway, having said that: whatever is causing your low speeds, the root cause is your improper usage of the Airbus. Learn how to fly it properly and you won't have this problem anymore. Problem solved.

I am going to take the high road here.... I assuming you live in the northern hemisphere, it is summer time. Tup61, go out and enjoy the nice weather, we'll talk again in the fall. 

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Airbus is basically being flown by a computer. Like the old computer saying, garbage in , garbage out. You input things that don't make sense to the computer, no telling what it will do..