Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Big Mouths...

Has there been an evolutionary change in mouth size since I was born?

I see commercials for enormous size hamburgers and one for a double grilled cheese burger.  How do people get their mouths around them to eat them?

Here are some examples:  https://www.eatinglove.org/blog/cheeseburger-cheat-meals/

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

5 hours ago, birdguy said:

Has there been an evolutionary change in mouth size since I was born?

No but there’s been an evolutionary change in gluttony, waist sizes and appetites. That’s obvious if you go out in public and check the average size of people these days. 😂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, birdguy said:

I see commercials for enormous size hamburgers and one for a double grilled cheese burger.

I blame Dagwood Bumstead.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dugald Walker

4 hours ago, dmwalker said:

I blame Dagwood Bumstead.

Those mashed potato sandwiches were deadly.

I've had the occasional displeasure of going to a restaurant and really wanting a cheeseburger only to be served a burger that requires either disassembly or a knife and fork to eat it.  I blame McDonald's and their introduction of The Big Mac.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

5 hours ago, stans said:

burger that requires either disassembly or a knife and fork to eat it.

Meanwhile, at the best restaurants, dishes like this are becoming fashionable:

Tate Dining Room & Bar

Dugald Walker

Gee, Dugald, that doesn't look like much of meal t me.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

17 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Meanwhile, at the best restaurants, dishes like this are becoming fashionable:

Tate Dining Room & Bar

That is when you go for the experience, not to satisfy hunger.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, stans said:

I've had the occasional displeasure of going to a restaurant and really wanting a cheeseburger only to be served a burger that requires either disassembly or a knife and fork to eat it.  I blame McDonald's and their introduction of The Big Mac.

Have you seen the Big Mac lately?  It's really very small these days. The burgers on it are very thin and have been substantially reduced in circumference.  Everything else in this world has been downsized as well.  Check out a box of cereal and see how the packaging has gotten much more narrow and the weight has substantially decreased.  The only thing that hasn't changed or gotten larger is the PRICE!

Stan

Don't know how many of you are ice cream lovers....anyone notice that there is no such thing as a half gallon of ice cream any more?

It's all a quart and a half for the same price or more!  🍦

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Don't know how many of you are ice cream lovers....anyone notice that there is no such thing as a half gallon of ice cream any more?

It's all a quart and a half for the same price or more!  🍦

How quaint! Seems so funny to hear about half a gallon of ice cream. (Unless you live in the U.S.A. of course).

Edited by IanHarrison
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 minute ago, IanHarrison said:

How quaint! Seems so funny to hear about half a gallon of ice cream. (Unless you live in the U.S.A. of course).

How do you get it over on the other side of the pond, Ian?  Liters,  Hectars?  🤪

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

How do you get it over on the other side of the pond, Ian?  Liters,  Hectars?  🤪

I think a Hectare of ice cream would be a bit much. 4 1/2 acres! Even for me.

No, we get it in litres, usually 1 litre is the standard tub size .Used to get it in 5 litre tubs ( a gallon?) but with ever increasing price they seem to have dropped that.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.