Some of you may know me from my airport sceneries. Now when CYOO is released, I’m considering my options for which Canadian airport to do next.

I’m open to suggestions regarding what are the most demanded airports that have not been done by anyone else and are not in the development currently by anyone, or are available in poor enough quality to be largely ignored. Naturally I would like to avoid unnecessary competition with other fine scenery developers by working on the same area, but rather work towards covering more Canadian airports instead, so we all win.

I was going to proceed with work on CYQB next, however a fair quality freeware was just released this month that clearly uses on-location photos for texturing, which I don’t have. So I don’t think it’s worth it to do CYQB now as I may not be able to offer a large enough gap in quality to warrant the price.

I’m sure some of you are in the loop of who’s developing what - I’d appreciate any advice. I will contact some developers directly, but I’d like to narrow down my options before I do.

Some options I am considering:

CYYT St. John’s
CYYC Calgary
CYAM Sault Ste. Marie
CYWG Winnipeg
CYEG Edmonton
CYXX Abbotsford
CYXE Saskatoon
CYQT Thunder Bay

I haven’t thoroughly checked if they are available or in development, but on the first glance they weren’t available from most respected developers. Anyway, let me know what you think!

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

CYQG!!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

CYYJ (Victoria International).  No developer is working on CYYJ, that I am aware of. If a reputable 3rd party developer is working on CYYJ, I would like to know who.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Most of the scenery you listed now already done by either SimAddons and or FSim Studios. 

Please consider my home airport Windsor CYQG. 

I fly a DA40 out of there IRL and could probably get you some great pictures. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

CYYJ (Victoria International).  No developer is working on CYYJ, that I am aware of. If a reputable 3rd party developer is working on CYYJ, I would like to know who.

FSim Studios is developing it and SimAddons already has a version that is really good. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

12 minutes ago, philipp00sk8 said:

CYEG, CYYT, CYWG

Philippe Tremblay

YEG is a couple weeks away from release by FSimStudios. They are also doing YWG this fall, SimAddons has already done YWG and YYT as well and it’s pretty good. 

Ron Hamilton

1 hour ago, Roman Design said:

Some of you may know me from my sceneries. Now when CYOO is released, I’m considering my options for which Canadian airport to do next.

I’m open to suggestions regarding what are the most demanded airports that have not been done by anyone else and are not in the development currently by anyone, or are available in poor enough quality to be largely ignored. Naturally I would like to avoid unnecessary competition with other fine scenery developers by working on the same area, but rather work towards covering more Canadian airports instead, so we all win.

I was going to proceed with work on CYQB next, however a fair quality freeware was just released this month that clearly uses on-location photos for texturing, which I don’t have. So I don’t think it’s worth it to do CYQB now as I may not be able to offer a large enough gap in quality to warrant the price.

I’m sure some of you are in the loop of who’s developing what - I’d appreciate any advice. I will contact some developers directly, but I’d like to narrow down my options before I do.

Some options I am considering:

CYYT St. John’s
CYYC Calgary
CYAM Sault Ste. Marie
CYWG Winnipeg
CYEG Edmonton
CYXX Abbotsford
CYXE Saskatoon
CYQT Thunder Bay

I haven’t thoroughly checked if they are available or in development, but on the first glance they weren’t available from most respected developers. Anyway, let me know what you think!

CYYT St. John’s SimAddons 
CYYC Calgary SimAddons and FSimstudios (couple months away) 
CYAM Sault Ste. Marie nobody 
CYWG Winnipeg SimAddons FSimstudios (fall/winter)
CYEG Edmonton SimAddons FSimstudios (next week will release) 
CYXX Abbotsford Decent freeware 
CYXE Saskatoon SimAddons 
CYQT Thunder Bay SimAddons 

Ron Hamilton

5 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FSim Studios is developing it and SimAddons already has a version that is really good. 

I was asking FSim Studios on their Facebook page if they would do CYYJ and they never answered. Other people asked about CYYJ too, and they wouldn't answer. This is within the last couple of months.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I believe Fsimstudios is doing cyyc, cyyj and cyeg as said is coming out soon.  CYWG I have not heard about that but if I was you I would check with Fsimstudios.  

Thanks for asking.

Just now, abrams_tank said:

I was asking FSim Studios on their Facebook page if they would do CYYJ and they never answered. Other people asked about CYYJ too, and they wouldn't answer. This is within the last couple of months.

That’s odd. They have their announcement about it on discord 

Ron Hamilton

Very subtle signature you got there

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Personally not a fan of Simaddons.  It tried them in P3D and they just look cartoony.  Are they better in MSFS?  Very very pricey.

Thanks

• Like 4