6 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

That’s odd. They have their announcement about it on discord 

Hi, do you still have their Discord link? I Googled for their Discord link and found this: https://discord.com/invite/2VyrgQC5,  But unfortunately, this Discord link has expired and no longer works.

I can't find FSimStudios when I do a public server search in Discord either.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

CYXT  ... Terrace in northern BC. Very challenging area , done my licence there..

henri

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

https://discord.gg/N5wgDz26

search CYYJ in their announcements, I’m sure it’s in there 

Edited by fakeflyer737
  • Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

25 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Personally not a fan of Simaddons.  It tried them in P3D and they just look cartoony.  Are they better in MSFS?  Very very pricey.

Thanks

The P3D version where pretty bad, I’m with you in that. Also they did bundles which was a bad idea too.  Their MSFS airports are A LOT better especially anything that’s newer..like YYJ. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

SimAddons airports are a good hold over until the big names make their own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

https://discord.gg/N5wgDz26

search CYYJ in their announcements, I’m sure it’s in there 

Thanks for the Discord link!  Yeah, you're right, they said CYYJ later this year.  I can't wait!

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

For me too much money for not as good scenery.  I pay less for individual airports from quality developers.  I guess I will wait.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I was interested in CYEG from SimAddons, and then I noticed the windows have this weird blue color:

cyeg2.jpg

It doesn't look anything like FSimStudio's CYEG for P3D:

5feb4c25973b9ba20e17aba6_CYEG%20(12).jpg

I was also considering CYYJ from SimAddons, but it's so expensive, especially given that FSimStudios is making a CYYJ soon.  Anything I bought from SimAddons was always going to be a temporary add on until FSimStudios had a chance to make the same airport. It's unfortunate that SimAddons won't price their sceneries more competitively. Even with CYEG coming out from FsimStudios soon, SimAddons still won't change their price for their CYEG.

1 minute ago, Darcy said:

For me too much money for not as good scenery.  I pay less for individual airports from quality developers.  I guess I will wait.

Yeah, I agree. I really think SimAddons should price their sceneries better, especially given that FSimStudios is coming out with the same airports.  For example, once FSimStudios comes out with CYEG and CYYJ, nobody is going to really buy from SimAddons anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, I agree. I really think SimAddons should price their sceneries better, especially given that FSimStudios is coming out with the same airports.  For example, once FSimStudios comes out with CYEG and CYYJ, nobody is going to really buy from SimAddons anymore.

This is true. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

IMO Simaddons airports are far better quality in MSFS than they were in P3D, that said when another option exists like FSim, FlyTampa or Roman's airports I'd always take that over Simaddons.

One airport that never seems to get any love is Regina, CYQR the capital of Sask. Would really like to see that one done at some point too (and to a much higher standard than the terrible MSFS Scenery Builders version!)
Other airports I would love to see are:
CYHM Hamilton - The Simaddons version has a terminal extension that has not been built and might never be!
CYWG Winnipeg
CYAM Sault Ste Marie
CYSB Sudbury
CYYB North Bay
CYQB Quebec City (however there is a really good freeware available)
CYQG Windsor (Again there's a really good freeware)

As others have said Edmonton, Calgary and Victoria are coming from FSim and one assumes FlyTampa will have Montreal out at some point this year.

1 minute ago, atco said:

IMO Simaddons airports are far better quality in MSFS than they were in P3D, that said when another option exists like FSim, FlyTampa or Roman's airports I'd always take that over Simaddons.

One airport that never seems to get any love is Regina, CYQR the capital of Sask. Would really like to see that one done at some point too (and to a much higher standard than the terrible MSFS Scenery Builders version!)
Other airports I would love to see are:
CYHM Hamilton - The Simaddons version has a terminal extension that has not been built and might never be!
CYWG Winnipeg
CYAM Sault Ste Marie
CYSB Sudbury
CYYB North Bay
CYQB Quebec City (however there is a really good freeware available)
CYQG Windsor (Again there's a really good freeware)

As others have said Edmonton, Calgary and Victoria are coming from FSim and one assumes FlyTampa will have Montreal out at some point this year.

Yes North Bay/CYYB.....

Real Deraps

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

CYAM Sault Ste. Marie nobody 

FSXCENERY has published it, see https://secure.simmarket.com/fsxcenery-cyam-sault-ste.-marie-airport-msfs.phtml

Having said that, their Canadian sceneries are not quite at the level of Roman Design, so that would be a very good choice, IMHO. Other interesting options would be Montréal–Mirabel CYMX, Ranking Inlet CYRT, Hay River CYHY, Brandon CYBR, Sioux Lookout CYXL, and Wabush CYWK.

Of the list you’ve posted I’d vote for any of YYT, YXX or YXE.  YXX would be my first choice as I’m not aware of any dev having wither done it or planning to do it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU