Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

FBW A320 can't import Simbrief flight plan into the MCDU

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I import a Simbrief flight plan into the FBW tablet, I can't get it to show up in the MCDU. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I don't have this issue with the Fenix A320.  Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It works the same way. You tell the EFB your Simbrief ID and that's it.

Did you try to reload the plane ?

Maybe this could help..

Should work the same way like with the Fenix .

What mod u using ? Experimentel, Dev or Stable..

If one of this not working try a other one.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

. . . when I import a Simbrief flight plan into the FBW tablet, I can't get it to show up in the MCDU. 

As far as I know, this is the default behavior, if you only load it into the EFB.

I always import the flight plan directly via the MCDU.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, asanosho said:

As far as I know, this is the default behavior, if you only load it into the EFB.

I always import the flight plan directly via the MCDU.

How do you import the flight plan via the MCDU?

FS2020 

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Under the Init page if I remember correctly. Be sure that you haven't manually entered a destination from the World menu option or you'll be unable to import.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

In the MCDU, go to the INIT page, click on "Init request" (orange letters on the right side), your flight plan will be immediately imported. Don't forget to load the fuel though in the tablet (this is where you will need to click on the blue bar to select your SimBrief flight plan but it won't load the FP in the MCDU), go to the fuel page, select the SimBrief "cloud" and it will load the quantity planned by SimBrief automatically (you can select whether you want this real time, fast or instant.

• Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Under the Init page if I remember correctly. Be sure that you haven't manually entered a destination from the World menu option or you'll be unable to import.

Bingo! Thanks. 👍

So people are using this plane without default ATC?🥴

FS2020 

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

So people are using this plane without default ATC?

I do use ATC, in the MSFS planning page, I call the relevant flight plan which was imported from Simbrief, make sure NOT to select a gate before getting the flight plan on the MSFS planning window, then FROM THE SCROLLING gate menu list, select the gate you want, the flight plan will not be affected, and in MSFS ATC, your flight plan will be available. This is something that works for me.

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

If using default ATC, just send the flight plan to ATC once it’s loaded in the MCDU then request clearance. 

You will need the save option set in the EFB

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

So people are using this plane without default ATC?

The FBW Airbus is capable of importing it's flightplans directly into MSFS. I don't know how they do it, but you'll see that you can actually ask for a clerance from ATC after you finished entering a flightplan into the MCDU. There is no need to load a flightplan in the main menu first.

The only drawback is that the Flightlevel you enter into the flightplan will not be read by ATC and it will give you the MSA along the route instead. So you'll just have to ask for a flightlevel change along the route.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

The FBW Airbus is capable of importing it's flightplans directly into MSFS. I don't know how they do it, but you'll see that you can actually ask for a clerance from ATC after you finished entering a flightplan into the MCDU. There is no need to load a flightplan in the main menu first.

The only drawback is that the Flightlevel you enter into the flightplan will not be read by ATC and it will give you the MSA along the route instead. So you'll just have to ask for a flightlevel change along the route.

This isn't working.  I'm able to load the flight plan now but in ATC I don't even get the option to ask for clearance.😶 

FS2020 

17 minutes ago, Dillon said:

This isn't working.  I'm able to load the flight plan now but in ATC I don't even get the option to ask for clearance.😶 

Do you have the sync flight plan option set to save on the EFB?

1 hour ago, mrlip said:

Do you have the sync flight plan option set to save on the EFB?

I had it set to, 'Load Only'.  Changed it to 'SAVE' and now it works.  Thanks so much for the help. 👍

Do you or anyone know how to get SID/STARS loaded in correctly?  Now that it's working, adding a SID or STAR seems to break the flight plan with a '--F-PLN DISCONTINUITY--' tags in the route.  

Sorry guys I'm a Boeing flyer (PMDG, IFly).😏

Edited by Dillon

FS2020