Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ProATC/SR

Not long to wait now, PRO-ATC/SR is now in internal Alpha testing. Firstly, we have no release date but hopefully it should not be very long before entering BETA. This is a NEW version and not an update and works also with MSFS2020.

There are a lot of improvements and updates the most notable one is now PRO-ATC can now be voice controlled ATC. Standby for more information over the next few days

Thanks

Edited by alpha117
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Some more details and information (even at this stage) would be nice. I am looking for an ATC replacement!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I used PATC for several years.  One thing I never liked is the lack of engagement of the developer with the community and the fact that he releases an update once year or less frequently.  I would like to understand what will be his commitment going forward specially with a dynamic platform like MSFS.

The biggest issue for me was that the tool was unreliable in vectoring. I was also being forgotten in certain cases. Hope this is going to be improved and hopefully there will be a discount for previous version users

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

If it works through the VR menu, I am in.

Michael

• Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Good things come to those who will wait.

You've been quiet in the past years, but it is good to see that progress is being made.

Too late for me, I already bought FSHud. As nomad71 already said the dev of ProATC isn't exactly known for it's frequent updates and his presence so with all the updates that MSFS is getting all the time I'd rather have an addon from a dev that's present all the time. But who knows, maybe ProATC as well as the dev may have some surprises in store.

24 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Too late for me, I already bought FSHud. As nomad71 already said the dev of ProATC isn't exactly known for it's frequent updates and his presence so with all the updates that MSFS is getting all the time I'd rather have an addon from a dev that's present all the time. But who knows, maybe ProATC as well as the dev may have some surprises in store.

I was an early FSHud adapter and returned it. But, the developers have been very helpful following up and it seems that they have made a lot of changes since the initial release. I was just about to try it again, when I saw this. I'll wait just awhile to wee how ProATC pans out. I don't want to get stuck with abandonware!

Rick Abshier

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I was an early FSHud adapter and returned it. But, the developers have been very helpful following up and it seems that they have made a lot of changes since the initial release. I was just about to try it again, when I saw this. I'll wait just awhile to wee how ProATC pans out. I don't want to get stuck with abandonware!

Lucky you. 😉 If I hadn't bought FSHud I might have waited too for ProATC (because I absolutely loved it in P3D) but well... let's wait and see. I hardly buy addons (only bought 3 planes and 2 utilities for MSFS since it's initial release!) so if ProATC turns out to be totally awesome (with good and quick support) I might get it anyway. 😉 Depsite my initial slight disappointment with this news I actually am glad to see ProATC might be coming to MSFS. Curious what the improvements will be and what that /SR stands for. (Totally NOT interested in voice control btw.)

Edited by tup61

1 minute ago, tup61 said:

Lucky you. 😉 If I hadn't bought FSHud I might have waited too for ProATC (because I absolutely loved it in P3D) but well... let's wait and see. I hardly buy addons (only bought 3 planes and 2 utilities for MSFS since it's initial release!) so if ProATC turns out to be totally awesome (with good and quick support) I might get it anyway. 😉

While it looks like FSHUd has improved greatly since its initial release, I want to see if ProATC offers any advantages. So, I hoping that they make it clear why someone should buy it instead of the competition.

Yeah, I told myself when MSFS came out that I wouldn't get a lot of addons like I did with previous sims. i haven't lived up to that though!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

1 hour ago, nomad71 said:

I used PATC for several years.  One thing I never liked is the lack of engagement of the developer with the community and the fact that he releases an update once year or less frequently.  I would like to understand what will be his commitment going forward specially with a dynamic platform like MSFS.

I agree, I beta tested that program when on P3D, and trying to get anything fixed, was not easy. I can't imagine what will happen when MSFS drops an update, and PATC stops working. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I actually purchased FSHud a few weeks ago as a stop gap until the new ProATC for MSFS 2020 is released. I used it for about 10 flights to make sure I was utilizing it to it's full potential, and it really doesn't do anything for me; it's really very primitive at this stage at lease for me in terms of features. Sorry to say that I actually reverted back to using the default MSFS 2020 ATC.

I really want to wait for the new ProATC but not sure when it's expected so, I am probably going to purchase Pilot2ATC and when the new ProATC is released I'll see how things shape up.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, nomad71 said:

@alpha117 you seem to work closely with the developer.  Can you share his expected commitment to support a dynamic platform like MSFS? vs a once a year update that we saw in P3D (actually the last update was in April 2021).  This will better inform potential buyers.  

1 hour ago, nomad71 said:

@alpha117 you seem to work closely with the developer.  Can you share his expected commitment to support a dynamic platform like MSFS? vs a once a year update that we saw in P3D (actually the last update was in April 2021).  This will better inform potential buyers.  

+1 

And the Log file is encrypted.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW