Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ProATC/SR

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I was one of the beta testers for a couple of years, and getting the developer to respond to a problem, was many times, almost impossible. I finally  gave up, uninstalled Pro ATC and moved on to PF3 where the support is excellent. 

I've tried PF3 and Pilot2ATC. I'll need to look at PF3 again. I do like P2ATC, but don't use it because it doesn't interact with AI. The developer said that was being looked at bit it's been a while and not implemented as far as I know. Both PF3 and P2ATC have excellent support for the programs. Overall, ProATC has offered everything I've needed and wanted with ATC bit the update last year had a lot of bugs. I'll have to see how this new platform/version does and what it supports/offers.

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

I was thinking of getting an ATC addon. FSHud is out as the feeling I get from comments is that its only marginally better than default ATC plus no VFR. Pilot2ATC seemed like the clear choice and based on the extra bells and whistles it offers like flight planning, moving map etc, I was thinking of buying that. However, from this thread, it doesnt appear to be that popular. Is there something I am missing? Its a bit expensive so rather not waste money if its not that great. 

Actually I just notice it has a 10 day free trial. I might as well try that and find out for myself. But any opinions are welcome.

Edited by Darth_Vapor666
Realised there is a trial period

1 hour ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I was thinking of getting an ATC addon. FSHud is out as the feeling I get from comments is that its only marginally better than default ATC plus no VFR. Pilot2ATC seemed like the clear choice and based on the extra bells and whistles it offers like flight planning, moving map etc, I was thinking of buying that. However, from this thread, it doesnt appear to be that popular. Is there something I am missing? Its a bit expensive so rather not waste money if its not that great. 

Actually I just notice it has a 10 day free trial. I might as well try that and find out for myself. But any opinions are welcome.

yep  try the  trial version   see  if  it  suits  you,  can  use  voice  or  buttons to  use  but  find  using  voice  is  alot  easier, plenty of  utubes  out  there  as well

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

FSHud is out as the feeling I get from comments is that its only marginally better than default ATC plus no VFR. Pilot2ATC seemed like the clear choice and based on the extra bells and whistles it offers like flight planning, moving map etc, I was thinking of buying that.

Well, it's all a matter of preference. I myself don't like all those extra bells and whistles that come with Pilot2ATC (or PF3): it has way too many options and requires too much manual input imho. I like the basic interface of FSHud: it's more click and fly like default ATC which is a pro in my book. The interface is also simple: it offers what you need and nothing more. Imho it has the better voices too... And it actually controls the traffic which other current addons don't do. (Although FSHud is still in some sort of beta phase when it comes to that.) But it's a good decision to try the demo of Pilot2ATC and see for yourself! It's a shame FSHud doesn't have a demo (though from what I've heard Flight1 does have a good refund policy...?)

Edited by tup61

Pilot2ATC does not need many manual inputs, use the beta, download flight plan from simbrief and all you select is the final appoach you want to use. It looks a lot more complicated than it is to use.

I use the button version. Its set so the CO does readback and changers freq. After 2-3 flights its dead easy. You only need to look into the congfig to set up at the very start of getting the programe. 

To many option and requires too much manual inputs...lol NO! 

All I do is inport the flight plan....1 button press

Select a final approuch....2nd button press

The you press Pilot2ATC "connect" button to connect to sim, the the Valate button to check you flight plan, then press the "file" button, them 3 buttons take around 15 seconds to press.

After that if you aircraft has power your on ATIS and the ground Freq is alread in standby to select after you have noted ATIS.

Like I said its very easy once you have used it 2-3 times.

But if pressing 5 buttons is to much manual input then its not for you. On button you need to select "pushback" as you have other option but it all is striaght forward. I dont use voice.

The UI and programe looks way to hard and can be a big turn off as it looks really hard to get into. But forget it. Simple direct input your flight plan do as i said above and your good to go. Forget all the stuff you see everywhere its all not needed. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The UI and programe looks way to hard and can be a big turn off as it looks really hard to get into. But forget it. Simple direct input your flight plan do as i said above and your good to go. Forget all the stuff you see everywhere its all not needed. 

Right, well, I might give the demo another go then. Does the demo include the latest beta Simbrief update?

One question in advance: what's the smallest possible interface of P2ATC you can use while flying? It looks rather big in most video's I've seen with a lot of unneeded information.

As I said I do own FSHud already but that one also isn't perfect (yet) so I am always interested in other options.

Edited by tup61

32 minutes ago, tup61 said:

One question in advance: what's the smallest possible interface of P2ATC you can use while flying? It looks rather big in most video's I've seen with a lot of unneeded information.

you can re size   the gui  to  your  desire  and  you dont  need  it open  at all  just leave it  min in the  task bar  when req.   Dont  know  about  unneeded info thought  you more  info you have  the better  it  is.  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In the options you set a button  to send it to the tray. You just hit the button to bring up and hit again to disapear. Just make sure to use the "allways on top option".

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Dont  know  about  unneeded info thought  you more  info you have  the better  it  is.  

Oh no, not imho, absolutely not: the less, the better! 😉 I don't need Pilot2ATC to show me ANY information I can already see in the plane itself! Things like waypoint, distance, desired track, ETE, climb rate, cruise alt, COM1, STBY, NAV1, STBY, the entire flightplan, etc. etc. etc. only clutter up the screen. By default Pilot2ATC shows WAAAAAAAAAY too much imho!!! That's totally unneeded info imho. I already see all I need to see in the cockpit so why would I want P2ATS to show it all a second time? Real world pilots don't have some sort of ATC-interface at ALL and I want to get as close to that as possible. 😉 In that regard default ATC is the absolute best imho. I'd like Pilot2ATC to ONLY show me box with things I can say and whatever ATC told me. Is that possible to get done? And that already would take up a bit too much space imho.

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

In the options you set a button  to send it to the tray. You just hit the button to bring up and hit again to disapear. Just make sure to use the "allways on top option".

Yes, but big interfaces are major immersion killers. I like the small screen of default ATC and FSHud. They don't give you the feeling you are switching to another app. But well, maybe I should try the demo and see for myself how much clutter (which would be around 90% LOL) I can remove from the P2ATC interface.

EDIT
BTW FSHud also shows double information already but at least it is limited. If I recall correctly ProATC in previous sims did have a VERY small interface during the flight: it was even better than default MSFS ATC. Maybe I should simply wait for ProATC LOL but I don't have much faith and trust in it...

Edited by tup61

Nothing can beat the default 😁

This morning at EDDK:

"EW284 cleared for TO rwy 32R..."

"Caution the Boeing 737 taking off rwy 32L"

I like the fact that Pilot2ATC does more than just ATC. I'd rather have fewer separate programs running provided the non-core features are implemented well. UI is not a major drama. I recall when I started using Little Navmap, the busy UI threw me off for a bit but in time, you know what you need and where to look for it.

Having all these separate windows is a bit of pain though. Just wish more addons could be integrated into MSFS toolbar. But that's just a wish from someone oblivious to what is needed behind the scenes to make it happen. 

58 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I like the fact that Pilot2ATC does more than just ATC. I'd rather have fewer separate programs running provided the non-core features are implemented well. UI is not a major drama. I recall when I started using Little Navmap, the busy UI threw me off for a bit but in time, you know what you need and where to look for it.

Having all these separate windows is a bit of pain though. Just wish more addons could be integrated into MSFS toolbar. But that's just a wish from someone oblivious to what is needed behind the scenes to make it happen. 

true  but Iam using  pilot2atc  for  awhile  now  and  always  using  voice  i  find  that iam  rarely  bringing  the  gui  up at all but i guess  if  you just  starting  using  it  you  might  be  bringing  it  up more  often till you  get the hang of it.  Find it  alot  easier  if  you  got  a printed  version  of  atc  commands handy  next to you

• Like 1

Peter kelberg

53 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

true  but Iam using  pilot2atc  for  awhile  now  and  always  using  voice  i  find  that iam  rarely  bringing  the  gui  up at all but i guess  if  you just  starting  using  it  you  might  be  bringing  it  up more  often till you  get the hang of it.  Find it  alot  easier  if  you  got  a printed  version  of  atc  commands handy  next to you

Yes, one of the main attraction for me is using voice ATC. I am a complete newb at it and will probably never dare try vatsim again (tried once and found it too nerve wracking). 

Thanks for the tip on printed ATC commands. will do that as ill need it.

15 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Yes, one of the main attraction for me is using voice ATC. I am a complete newb at it and will probably never dare try vatsim again (tried once and found it too nerve wracking). 

Thanks for the tip on printed ATC commands. will do that as ill need it.

• Like 1

Peter kelberg

If anyone here uses ProATC/SR in VR: would you please let us know if its ATC-menu is displayed in VR?

Michael 

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals