Sign in to follow this  
Bumelbee

310, 414 or wait for a2a?

On 7/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, Bumelbee said:

I'll get both and then write my own experiences

Phew!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

13 hours ago, vin747 said:

The C414 is my personal favorite in MSFS (and I fly the other big brands as well).. MSFS has converted me from hardcore tubeliner guy to hardcore GA guy.. I do love the low and slow of the pipers, but the C414 is in a different class.. its a piston version of a king air with a service ceiling of 30K !!  I usually fly at 20K so that I can match the fuel burn numbers with the RAM IV POH given by FSW.. I love the maintenance aspects of it, and it almost approaches A2A/Airfoil labs when it comes to that ownership experience.. beautiful aircraft in real life, beautifully modeled in the sim..

It has the potential to bring in even more FBO/maintenance sort of experience in the future provided MSFS steps up its SDK..

What maintenance aspect? I love the 414 but I think the one thing it is missing is the maintenance and engine simulation. 

14 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I think AvAngel put it in one of her reviews like this: You fly the C310 if you want to go anyware, the C414 if you need to go somewhere. 

As a quick aside, whenever I watch AvAngel's videos, I can't help but picture the English actress Alex Kingston's face behind the voice.  They sound just alike.  

Really enjoy her videos, it's entertaining getting her take on the various aircraft out there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jpe828 said:

What maintenance aspect? I love the 414 but I think the one thing it is missing is the maintenance and engine simulation. 

ya it doesn't right now, but at least it has taken a step in that direction.. like opening engine doors, fuel and oil caps, showing oil dipstick etc.. best case scenario would be like airfoil labs, where you can check oil level in dipstick, take avgas sample from all tanks and verify, and other FBO, persistence aspects.. current SDK doesn't allow it yet i guess..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

ya it doesn't right now, but at least it has taken a step in that direction.. like opening engine doors, fuel and oil caps, showing oil dipstick etc.. best case scenario would be like airfoil labs, where you can check oil level in dipstick, take avgas sample from all tanks and verify, and other FBO, persistence aspects.. current SDK doesn't allow it yet i guess..

It would be nice if they could replicate the 310 though... with some level of maintenance required. I look forward to the A2A Comanche. 

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Late to this one. Is the 414 still in beta or finalized?

The final version:  2.7. has just been released, although it still has the word "beta" attached to it.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert