Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

South America mesh from ORBX

15 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

They are available in the Orbxdirect.com Preview page.

Way down the page.

T45 

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/214093-announcing-south-america-mesh-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

I missed that. Thanks very much!

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Some recommended airports/scenery:

SKPS Antonio Nariño (Colombia) - Sierrasim

SEGU Jose Joaquin de Olmedo (Ecuador) - Sierrasim

SBRJ Santos Dumont Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) - Paulo Ricardo

Rio de Janeiro Megapack - flightsim.to

Some default airports worth visiting:

SEQM Mariscal Sucre International Airport (Ecuador) - Asobo hand crafted airport

SPGL Chagual (Peru) - Asobo hand crafted airport

SBZO Alejandro Velasco Astete International (Cusco, Peru)  - challenging RNAV approach

SLLP El Alto International (La Paz, Bolivia) - stunning location, highest international airport

Thanks for posting this list. I'll definitely be using it as the foundation for my route planning when I finally reach South America (I'm still up in the Toronto, Canada area so it's going to take me a while to get there!)

• Like 1

I was a little bit sceptical after watching the comparison screenshots, but, nevertheless, I bought it. And it's fantastic! The coastlines of Curaçao including thr rock formations behind Curaçao airport (TNCC) are much more realistic now. No conflicts with add-on sceneries of the Caribbean so far. 

Highly recommended! 

• Like 7

Caribbean add-ons don't show any anomalies. Martinique looks fantastic. Now I'll look for some freeware/payware add-ons of the Andes. Any suggestions?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Makes me wonder why they left the dominican republic, haiti, cuba, jamaica etc out of the package

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

30 minutes ago, LarsA said:

I was a little bit sceptical after watching the comparison screenshots, but, nevertheless, I bought it. And it's fantastic! The coastlines of Curaçao including thr rock formations behind Curaçao airport (TNCC) are much more realistic now. No conflicts with add-on sceneries of the Caribbean so far. 

Highly recommended! 

Thank you this was the exact confirmation I was looking for, since the slopes during approach to TNCC looks almost flat in the default scenery!

instant buy for me 🙂

I'm in for this -- assuming the morphing isn't too terrible.

Nice to see Puerto Rico in this.   Would have been nice to have Isla Providencia in it, a Colombian-owned island off the coast of Central America.  It looks like it extends NOT QUITE to the Panama Canal.  Would be nice if it included at least the canal area

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

25 minutes ago, xender said:

Makes me wonder why they left the dominican republic, haiti, cuba, jamaica etc out of the package

They will hopefully release a Caribbean mesh.Probably with Central America.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

They will hopefully release a Caribbean mesh.Probably with Central America.

Makes sense

Juan Ramos

Is anyone familiar with the developer Simulación Extrema? 

I see they have several airports in southern parts of South America on sale in the Marketplace.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Are the Falkland Islands much better? I was planning a flight to there the other night but never got around to it

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Up until MSFS I very rarely traveled south of aruba.  Lately I've really fallen for some of the higher altitude flying in places like Columbia/Peru/Ecuador.  So this was an instant buy for me.  Really happy to see it.  

BTW.  Is there a nice La Paz, Bolivia payware out there yet for msfs?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, LarsA said:

I was a little bit sceptical after watching the comparison screenshots, but, nevertheless, I bought it. And it's fantastic

I looked at the comparison shots but there is little difference - you mention the coastlines are better, but anything else?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I read the Orbx mesh is 10m/ pixel for the Andes and 20m/ pixel for the rest. Does anyone know what is the default MSFS mesh resolution for this area?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White