Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

What do you miss from FS9...

Guest in_04

Contrails on the AI aircrafts.Or did some see them? I never get one, so if they ther please make a screenshot. Only the use plane has contrails, the AI didnt have one.

1. Active Camera2. FSNavigatorSure, we can do substitutions and work-arounds. But these two programs were so good that they enhanced the FS9 experience tremendously.Here's hoping that the developers get interested again...Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hello,please look at the contrails from downside and you know what is meant :-)I asked for this in different forums, but it seems to be no interest is this.So the contrails visibility from Ground is what I miss to.regardsUli

Guest bobcap

I really miss Emma Field!(BTW - I added Diamond Point with no problems)I also miss all my Lago Aircraft, my FSD Porter ver 1, (Cant make myself splurge for the upgrades yet - since its now broken out in three separate upgrade addons - jeez!) & all my FS9 Captain Sim planesIn addition: I somewhat miss FSNav, as has been mentioned repeatedly. At the onset, I missed it terribly. However, I have gained new robust navigation skills, using the flight planner and GPS. So as far as I am concerned, I will have to think long and hard, if and when the FSX version for FSNav becomes available.

Well it's now six weeks since the last FS9 flight, and at 62 my memory is getting shorter by the day. . . getting lucky for me is finding my car in the car park after work. . .Seriously, after loading up ASX, and UTX - and two days ago the Citation II, and then experiencing the below pic - sliding into 34L at KSLC (Hi Larry) - I'm beginning to accept and enjoy the replacement of FS9. I didn't think it would happen, but it is.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174154.jpgRegards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I miss the feeling that I actually owned a copy of the software.I will always have my PAID FOR copy of FS9 (unless they built an expiration date into it)but I recently had computer problems (motherboard failure) and that ateup one of my two free activations.I feel like I'm precariously renting FSX.I dont like the feeling.other than that, I wish the FSX radio antenna towers were more like FS9's. and I also miss FZ Portland and Dreamfleet Beech A36 and Reality XPbut I'm sure they put out quality things as soon as they can. I hope itssooner rather than later but I'll wait for quality. I NEED a replacementfor the G1000 -- that thing has locked up my system several timesand I feel like it will break if I press the wrong key. I need stability!

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>Well it's now six weeks since the last FS9 flight, and at 62>my memory is getting shorter by the day. . . getting lucky for>me is finding my car in the car park after work. . .>>Seriously, after loading up ASX, and UTX - and two days ago>the Citation II, and then experiencing the below pic - sliding>into 34L at KSLC (Hi Larry) - I'm beginning to accept and>enjoy the replacement of FS9. I didn't think it would happen,>but it is.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174154.jpg>>>Regards,>Is there a power outage in that area? :-hmmm Nice shot, apart from the lack of street lighting! :)

Decent frame rates, Active Camera, short loading times and a quiet hard drive. What I miss most of all though is satisfaction and contentment. Because of that I think I better spend most of my time in FS9. Curt

>1. FSPassengers>2. FSNav (yes, FSC is out there for FSX, but it's just not the>"same")>3. Consistent performance.>>GaryI also just miss FS Passengers and FS Navigator. ;-)

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White