Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

Q&A with Mathijs Kok/North Sea Project Preview

Regardind the static objects in their new addon:

This will be a 100% conflict with the GAIST update we are working on.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

16 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Regardind the static objects in their new addon:

This will be a 100% conflict with the GAIST update we are working on.

Yes, they can shove it.  GAIST all the way for me.  :smile:

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

55 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

I only watched a small part of the stream, and it was briefly mentioned in the bit I watched. Basically just Mathijs saying again that he had a large bag of money waiting for whoever had a Twotter they could hire for a sound recording session.  

It was around 35mins in - here's a link to that part:

Thanks! I was looking for this part! I guess the question about the sound wasn't asked, but at least Mathijs responded about the sounds of the Twin Otter.

So if anyone has access to a real life Twin Otter, and you don't mind helping Aerosoft out, there is "that bag of money" waiting for you 😄

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

From what he says, I think Mathijs has exhausted all the possibilities of getting sound recordings from European operators of the Twin Otter. It seems none of them are prepared to put the engines through the entire range of settings necessary to obtain a full set of sounds. It must be as frustrating for him and Aerosoft as it is for us.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

From what he says, I think Mathijs has exhausted all the possibilities of getting sound recordings from European operators of the Twin Otter. It seems none of them are prepared to put the engines through the entire range of settings necessary to obtain a full set of sounds. It must be as frustrating for him and Aerosoft as it is for us.

As already covered Paul, he has decent sounds if he has licenced the TSS set, he just needs someone to convert them to WWave and redo the sound config file to match.
(Like the freeware guy already did).

BlackBox are bringing out v2 of their BN-2 Islander (free to current users of V1), and they have just got a brilliant sound set and got someone to convert it to WWave for them.
It sounds superb on the youtube demo.  Lots of other improvements as well.  If they can do it, why can't a company as 'big' as Aerosoft?

I just can't trust MK and what he says.  There are too many previous examples.  Remember how the trim wheel didn't scroll on the original version of the twotter because he said these things are difficult to do and would destroy the framerate, along with opening doors?  Unbelievable statement!  He must take us for mugs.  Everyone else can do it.

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

And this thread is still about the twotter sounds, that is ok, but why not change the title?

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

38 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

And this thread is still about the twotter sounds, that is ok, but why not change the title?

It's technically about the whole Q&A session.  It just seems this is the part people are most interested in right now.  I don't think a subject change is required.  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

As already covered Paul, he has decent sounds if he has licenced the TSS set, he just needs someone to convert them to WWave and redo the sound config file to match.
(Like the freeware guy already did).

You know the story better than me, mate - so, can I clear it up in my own mind, please. What was it that stopped the freeware mod working - an update from Aerosoft ?  If so, has Aerosoft been informed that there was a solution, but it no longer works because of something they did ?

I'm probably covering old ground here (apologies if so), but it is often the case that wires get crossed, and it seems irrational that such a fix would be blocked or rendered unusable by Aerosoft. There is no motive for them to do that, surely ?

Has anyone gone to the Aerosoft forum, and posted a specific thread in the MSFS Twotter section entitled  "Twotter Sounds Fix Found!" or similar ? It would grab their attention, and may point to some breakdown or mix-up in communications somewhere. Just a thought. It seems very unlikely that Aerosoft would knowingly block a solution.

By the way, much looking forward to the Islander update, as you are. It looks verrrry nice indeed. 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:33 PM, steve310002 said:

Can you please ask him when he will fix the Twin Otter?

and the 330 and his afcads. thanks

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

You know the story better than me, mate - so, can I clear it up in my own mind, please. What was it that stopped the freeware mod working - an update from Aerosoft ?  If so, has Aerosoft been informed that there was a solution, but it no longer works because of something they did ?

I'm probably covering old ground here (apologies if so), but it is often the case that wires get crossed, and it seems irrational that such a fix would be blocked or rendered unusable by Aerosoft. There is no motive for them to do that, surely ?

Has anyone gone to the Aerosoft forum, and posted a specific thread in the MSFS Twotter section entitled  "Twotter Sounds Fix Found!" or similar ? It would grab their attention, and may point to some breakdown or mix-up in communications somewhere. Just a thought. It seems very unlikely that Aerosoft would knowingly block a solution.

By the way, much looking forward to the Islander update, as you are. It looks verrrry nice indeed. 🙂

No Problem Paul.  There was a long thread at the Aerosoft forums because of this issue (maybe multiple as they kept getting closed :rolleyes:), with a lot of complaints about this mod being nobbled.

Once Aerosoft found out about this mod, they contacted flightsim.to to get it taken down due to copyright or licencing issues, I can't remember which, but it doesn't matter - they went in with a sledgehammer once they discovered the mod. 
No other developer has done this other than CaptainSim on repaints, and they soon reversed it after the backlash.

The mod worked great as far as I (and many others) were concerned.  When people questioned why Aerosoft did this, they gave the usual legal answers about lawyers getting involved.
It is utter rubbish.  The guy modified a config file (text) to get the TSS set to work properly.  Lots of developers allow these kind of mods.  It was never explained to anyone's satisfaction why Aerosoft did what they did.

I had an old copy of the freeware mod / config file, but Aerosoft also updated the aircraft quickly afterwards, so the mod didn't function with it.  If anyone else has a different take on this, please correct me, but that is how I remember the sequence of events.
People were scathing over at the Aerosoft twotter forum as you will imagine.  Since then there have been Aerosoft updates to try to make the sound better, but obviously even they believe it still isn't good, or they wouldn't be 'trying' to improve it.  :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

Also why hasn't Aerosoft stamped out the FTSim+ Twin Otter sound pack as well as the freeware one? It's really very good and transforms the plane.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Also why hasn't Aerosoft stamped out the FTSim+ Twin Otter sound pack as well as the freeware one? It's really very good and transforms the plane.

Good question!  Might not be so easy as it is the guys own site.  Flightsim.to are very careful and risk averse.  They drop files at the slightest hint of a challenge from someone.  Maybe the way these days with all the litigation at the drop of a hat.
I even had a post deleted for mentioning 'guy-liner' on a replacement pilot avatar once, which I used to actually wear when I was younger and a goth! :biggrin:
Not knocking flightsim.to by the way.  It is a great site for free.  They do a great job in general.  
I believe in the end the freeware modder deleted all of his mods for the twotter - there were also brilliant mods for the twotter aerodynamics.

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Kok's facial expression is that of a man who instinctively knows that he is one of the least liked people in the flight sim community. 😏

It can also be said that its the look of a man that does not care about the community of flight sim very much. Hes all about his pockets and not his customers. Sipping wine and giving two word not alloweds about updates during a interview?

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

@bobcat999 thanks for the info. At least I now know our (the customers) side of it. It's a bugger really; I love the Twin Otter in real life from flying in Sarawak and Brunei, and I've always found previous Aerosoft models to be excellent. Ah well, roll on Islander v2 and SWS's DHC Dash 7 - I'll get my bush flying jollies from them.

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:57 AM, abrams_tank said:

Thanks! I was looking for this part! I guess the question about the sound wasn't asked, but at least Mathijs responded about the sounds of the Twin Otter.

As you say, the sound issues was covered in his answer to my general question about updates for the Twotter. 

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM