Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PRO ATC SR is released - first impressions

Just to keep it short that we do not have to search several pages in the other thread, i opened this one, where everybody could write his firt impressions down.

Bought it right now, downloading, so can't say anything.

You get several discounts:

PRO-ATC/SR is available for 49.95 € until September, 15, 2022. Thereafter for 59.95 €
Customers who have purchased the old version of 'PRO-ATC/X' between May and August of this year 2022, before release of PRO-ATC/SR will get PRO-ATC/SR for 19.95 € until September, 15, 2022

Customers who have purchased the old version of 'PRO-ATC/X' between January and April of this year 2022 will get PRO-ATC/SR for 29.95 € until September, 15, 2022.

Customers who have purchased in 2021 or before the old version of 'PRO-ATC/X' will get PRO-ATC/SR for 39.95 € until September, 15, 2022.

Please send us a short email after purchase to request for the discount by adding your name and the email address you have purchased with the old version. Please also add the serial number you are activating PRO-ATC/X with. For PRO-ATC/SR you'll get a new serial number.

The discount will be credited within 8 hours after purchase.

Download size: around 600 MB

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interested in how this rates... for those brave enough to try it, can you please comment on...

• Voice diversity and quantity
  • Voice quality
  • Phraseology
  • Interaction with AI traffic
  • Ability to dynamically assign an approach on arrival
  • Accurately calling ToD and bringing me down (without hitting a mountain)
  • Vectoring options for go-around, traffic, etc.
  • Accuracy in taxiing instructions at airports (default and modified)
  • Voice activated
  • Co-pilot automation
  • Ease of adding a flight plan
  • Latitude in accommodating deviations from the flight plan

First positive point: got my discount already paid back!

Guenter Steiner

Why have discounts based on when you bought Pro-ATC X? That’s a very strange policy. Either offer the same discount across the board if you bought it previously, or don’t offer one at all. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, guenseli said:

First positive point: got my discount already paid back!

I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think, I brought the version for FSX back in 2014. I had completely forgotten about that

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Currently I fail to get a clearance ... always says "negative" 🙄

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

Issues I noticed... from this video below...

- Numerous times (like at 1:14:07) the voices are messed up - where the controller/pilot voices are mixed up in the same piece of dialog

- The voice used to respond to ATC is different from the virtual co-pilot... Not sure if that's because he's got it set for the pilot flying to respond to ATC or if it's just a bad implementation of voice selection.

- The ground controller assigns a non-existent gate on arrival

Edited by Virtual-Chris

I get more and more frustrated. 😠
I'm not able to set a frequency, and no, I have disabled that Co does manage frequencies!

I always get a negative clearance, tried with PMDG 737 and Fenix.

When I set a frequency, it jumpy magically to always the same one

Guenter Steiner

1 minute ago, guenseli said:

I get more and more frustrated. 😠
I'm not able to set a frequency, and no, I have disabled that Co does manage frequencies!

I always get a negative clearance, tried with PMDG 737 and Fenix.

When I set a frequency, it jumpy magically to always the same one

Did you listen to ATIS first?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Seems like they ported over the never solved bugs of the old version... good job

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Seems like they ported over the never solved bugs of the old version... good job

Probably be  fixed in a year or two. 😉

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

how is interaction is it in sim like p3d and VR friendly

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Get clearance with Standard MSFS plane, but not with Fenix or PMDG 😫

Early adopters fun

EDIT: ok, was just a kind of coincidence. Does not work with standard planes also.

My frequencies always does magically get hijacked and I can't turn in a valid clearance frequency.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

AAAaaaaaaaaahhhhh ... the MSFS AI Radio Comuunicatios have been enabled 🙄

Oh no .....

Now its too late, will continue tomorrow

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

doesn't sound like a buy for me to be honest..... I used the P3D version but buying this word not allowed again, i don't know.....

Carsten U