Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PRO ATC SR is released - first impressions

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

If they'll re-write the ATC so it is functioning properly procedurally, interacts with AI properly and sounds great, I will never complain about Asobo/Microsoft again. I promise. 😄
All of these third party programs are garbage phonetically, they may be close on the side of procedures, but the rest is meh and I'm not spending a cent until someone comes up with a state of the art add-on. 

I may ultimately conclude this as well. But it could be 2 more years before Asobo gets around to it. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

If they'll re-write the ATC so it is functioning properly procedurally, interacts with AI properly and sounds great, I will never complain about Asobo/Microsoft again. I promise. 😄
All of these third party programs are garbage phonetically, they may be close on the side of procedures, but the rest is meh and I'm not spending a cent until someone comes up with a state of the art add-on. 

It's not like they don't have a solid base to build upon already within the sim. I guess there are other "squeaky wheels" right now.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Anyone managed to get it installed?

I can't import AIRAC - already posted on their forum asking for help. 

14 minutes ago, gb09f said:

just download the installer from navigraph (proact-x) and install in Pro-ATC/SR

André

31 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Just checking:

Is the forum a closed forum for this new product?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

15 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Just checking:

Is the forum a closed forum for this new product?

Not sure. I do know that you need to be approved by the mods to be able to post in their forum. I had the old version so I was already approved. Tried the standalone Navigraph installer and it still pops up asking to import AIRAC then bombs out with an SQL error. 

26 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Not sure. I do know that you need to be approved by the mods to be able to post in their forum. I had the old version so I was already approved. Tried the standalone Navigraph installer and it still pops up asking to import AIRAC then bombs out with an SQL error. 

I just looked at the old forum, saw no mention of Pro ATC SR??

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Here's another 2 hour video using Pro ATC. Some things I noticed:

- The voices are probably the best I've heard outside of the default ATC.

- There was no ATC interaction at top of decent, is that normal?  How can you change altitude without clearance from ATC?

- He programmed an approach into the flight plan rather than let ATC assign it, so that's not great - but I had trouble following what he was doing on during the approach - it seemed like had two different approaches on the nav... so maybe I missed something.

- At 1:54 the ATC called for a left turn heading 280, but that made no sense and then they started giving him a bunch of other vectors which he ultimately seemed to ignore and just got back on the flight plan. Reminds me of default ATC 😄

What is he likely using for chatter in the background?  Is that realistic to have Spanish on the radio? I thought all ATC comms were in English - world wide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJewu2GfnI

Edited by Virtual-Chris

9 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I thought all ATC comms were in English - world wide?

Nope

3 hours ago, Semor76 said:

No VFR support, no buy.

And VFR needs ATC, why??

Other than for you to inform of your position and intentions.

Edited by Sparkrite

5 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

And VFR needs ATC, why??

Other than to inform of your position and intentions.

Default ATC seems to handle VFR pretty well too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Nope

Just English for international flights? Do you know what add-on he's using for that background chatter?

Edited by Virtual-Chris

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

Just for international flights?

Every country can speak in their own language, but I assume the international standard is all English. If you watch Pilot's Eye videos when they're over China, most of the chatter is in Chinese.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Do you know what add-on he's using for that background chatter?

This chatter is pretty sure from ProATC itself !

Edited by ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

atc chatter does matter ,and should sound realistic  by now ffs  sisters can be witches btw  🙂 and that is totally fine btw.

Edited by icewater5