Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PRO ATC SR is released - first impressions

3 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

AZURE Microsoft text-to-speech!😄

Yes, it's text to speech properly applied. 😉 P2ATC doesn't sound good to me at all. But I also meant the old default ATC in FSX and P3D: not sure what was used there but it also sounded a LOT better than any ATC addon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tup61 said:

It only makes sure it doesn't get in your way so it won't bother you. It doesn't interact with AI at all. It only removes it when needed. FSHud is the only ATC addon that tries to do that (though not exactly perfect yet).

EDIT
To be more precise:
The actual traffic (AI) continues to be controlled by the flight simulation but is detected and considered and even changed by PRO-ATC/SR. That means you won't get a clearance for takeoff when an aircraft is on final approach or still on the runway. It will even be controlled to avoid collisions with your aircraft when airborne.

As far is I know that 'controlling' in the last sentence is nothing else but simply removing it from existence.

This, and the history of a lack of support, is what will keep me with FSHud for now. There are some continuing issues to be sure but the developer(s) seem to be working hard to address them.

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

It used to be. I was an early adopter back in 2013 and used it throughout the entire lifespand of FSX and P3D. It had its quirks but I find it way less clunky than P2ATC. Whether the new voice recognition feature is any good remains to be seen.

Thank you for your opinion!

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

How does this compare to Pilot2ATC? Also, I hear the navigational data is not up to date with Pilot2ATC, so you have you get a one month subscription to Navigraph to download the latest data? (and maybe you can cancel your subscription after you get the Navigraph data for Pilot2ATC?)

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

How does this compare to Pilot2ATC? Also, I hear the navigational data is not up to date with Pilot2ATC, so you have you get a one month subscription to Navigraph to download the latest data? (and maybe you can cancel your subscription after you get the Navigraph data for Pilot2ATC?)

Well with the Fenix/PMDG Navigraph for flying airliners is a must IMO so, yes with a sub you can keep Pilot2ATC up to date. I like Pilot2ATC. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well with the Fenix/PMDG Navigraph for flying airliners is a must IMO so, yes with a sub you can keep Pilot2ATC up to date. I like Pilot2ATC. 

Yeah, I don't plan to keep a continued subscription to Navigraph. I only want the updated data from Navigraph. I wonder if I can subscribe to Navigraph for one month, get the updated date, and then unsubscribe.  Does this also work for the PMDG 737 if I get updated Navigraph data for one month?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

This is some thread about first impressions of Pro ATC SR, so far all I have read about is Pilot 2 ATC, FSHUD  ???

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, I don't plan to keep a continued subscription to Navigraph. I only want the updated data from Navigraph. I wonder if I can subscribe to Navigraph for one month, get the updated date, and then unsubscribe.  Does this also work for the PMDG 737 if I get updated Navigraph data for one month?

Yes you can get one month, DL all updates then stop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes you can get one month, DL all updates then stop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

As far is I know that 'controlling' in the last sentence is nothing else but simply removing it from existence.

if thats the case, the ATC addon might cause issues with AIGTC when the WCF-Service of TC is not called.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

59 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is some thread about first impressions of Pro ATC SR, so far all I have read about is Pilot 2 ATC, FSHUD  ???

Spot on. 

I cannot give an opinion on ProATC because I do not use it, but as usual, there are numerous negative posts from people who state they do not have the product. Their firm opinions are probably gained from others who are also non users, who probably once saw a video on Youtube, which made them all experts. 

I hope we can soon read some proper reviews, with pros and cons based on actual usage, without all the preconceptions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

John B

I jumped in and bought it just as I bought the others since I'm a supporter of simulation. Once I knock out a couple of flights with it, I will let you know. I am interested in the departure, descent, approach and vectoring behaviors. With the others, I am given descents too early or too late. I also get bad vectoring with approaches with them being too tight or ATC keeping me high way too long. Sometimes it forces me to revert back to the in bedded ATC. Though it tries to descend me along approaches even though I was cleared the approach. It always vector me for the full approach, which isn't too bad because it gives you practice.

Rick

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

I jumped in and bought it just as I bought the others since I'm a supporter of simulation. Once I knock out a couple of flights with it, I will let you know. I am interested in the departure, descent, approach and vectoring behaviors. With the others, I am given descents too early or too late. I also get bad vectoring with approaches with them being too tight or ATC keeping me high way too long. Sometimes it forces me to revert back to the in bedded ATC. Though it tries to descend me along approaches even though I was cleared the approach. It always vector me for the full approach, which isn't too bad because it gives you practice.

Rick

Look forward to your review. There’s at least a few of us looking at ATC solutions right now and at least in my case, I don’t have time to invest in all of them to make a proper assessment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

That is also why I hope Asobo will finally deliver what was promised by Jurg. 

If they'll re-write the ATC so it is functioning properly procedurally, interacts with AI properly and sounds great, I will never complain about Asobo/Microsoft again. I promise. 😄
All of these third party programs are garbage phonetically, they may be close on the side of procedures, but the rest is meh and I'm not spending a cent until someone comes up with a state of the art add-on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |