Sign in to follow this  
Seven7

And the 707?

I'm wondering why no one develops the venerable Boieng 707. It was a great aircraft. Any idea?

• Like 4

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

26 minutes ago, Seven7 said:

I'm wondering why no one develops the venerable Boieng 707. It was a great aircraft. Any idea?

I agree - there would be some great classic colour schemes. 

I suppose it is just that a limited number of developers can't do everything at once, and the modern jets are always more popular, especially with the younger simmers.
A lot of 'casual' simmers want to fly the aircraft they go on holiday on.  I am waiting for the B737-800 myself, in Jet2 colours of course!  :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I think that once all the modern jet airliners are done, or the market becomes too crowded with them, developers will turn to the vintage ones. The 707 is one of the most obvious choices, along with the 727 and DC-8. We might even be getting a VC-10 before too long - I've heard rumours.

• Like 5

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

If CaptainSim hadn't turned to the sucker-market for easy money they would have been probably the ones to reimplement their 707 and 727 into MSFS, but not likely to happen.

Still fingers crossed that JustFlight will do their VC-10 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithb77 said:

If CaptainSim

Here we go again. They didn't even do the 707 for P3D.
Those of us who had it for FS9 were pleased to see it in FSX.

The point is, no one has done a 707 since FSX and I for one would also welcome such a thing.
Presumably, there are not enough people who would agree with us to justify starting a project
that could take a team of developers years to complete.

For those that think that all there is to aircraft development is to feed a few dimensions into a
program and click on create, I think that it is a bit more complicated than that.

Edited by Reader

14 minutes ago, asanosho said:

ProjectGlobal are working on a 707.

This is their Discord:

https://discord.gg/jfTuRTsc

Here it is:

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

5 hours ago, Seven7 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with one once for X-Plane once 12 comes out.  I'd love to see one.

Bill Alderson

Im not into airliners, but if there is one Id lie to see it would be the Vickers VC10, I think its still holds title of fastest airliner across the atlantic except concorde

(OK the record was broken like 40 years later by a 747 but only because it did it with a storm force tailwind)

P.S. its also beautifullspacer.png

Edited by Sceadu
  • Like 8

No thanks. Next people will be asking when they'll make the wright brothers plane.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

If CaptainSim hadn't turned to the sucker-market for easy money they would have been probably the ones to reimplement their 707 and 727 into MSFS, but not likely to happen.

CaptainSim's B707 is one of their better offerings.  I really like the implementation of the Doppler Navigation system.  Let's hope they port that over to MSFS.

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

26 minutes ago, VBHB said:

No thanks. Next people will be asking when they'll make the wright brothers plane.

No need to ask...  it's coming with the 40th Birthday edition of MSFS in a month or so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, richjb2 said:

CaptainSim's B707 is one of their better offerings.  I really like the implementation of the Doppler Navigation system.  Let's hope they port that over to MSFS.

Rich Boll

That old CaptainSim company was great (I loved the 707 and classic 737), but the new CaptainSim don't have the capability to do cockpits etc. any more.  They simply own the old models and put them out as shells after basic conversion, so I wouldn't wait for them.  :smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Perhaps they will change tack with a complex cockpit but no wings or engines?

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home