Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

12 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

The developer of GSX willingly released a broken product, that’s fundamentally flawed and is causing CTD’s, and has also already taken your money. But you folks are willing to let it slide because of the reputation of the developers.

Well evidence seems to show more clearly that GSX is not causing CTDs in most cases, but the Microsoft servers are. Anyway you are mentioning an important point without understanding it: GSX was outstanding over the lenght of 10 years on P3D. Of course that adds up to an excellent reputation and therefore people are much more optimistic and forgiving. As for the Fenix yes it's an excellent addon but there's no record yet for what they do and how much it improves over time. That's why new devs always have to work harder than established devs and it is for a reason. It's actually logical and rational to consider past performances when predicting future performances, be it in sports or companies. Why would this be different for developers?
Apart from that I'm very optimistic for the Fenix AND GSX, but for different reasons as pointed out.

Oh and why do you point out that GSX has already taken our money? Did you not pay for the Fenix? That's a strange argument.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well evidence seems to show more clearly that GSX is not causing CTDs in most cases, but the Microsoft servers are. Anyway you are mentioning an important point without understanding it: GSX was outstanding over the lenght of 10 years on P3D. Of course that adds up to an excellent reputation and therefore people are much more optimistic and forgiving. As for the Fenix yes it's an excellent addon but there's no record yet for what they do and how much it improves over time. That's why new devs always have to work harder than established devs and it is for a reason. It's actually logical and rational to consider past performances when predicting future performances, be it in sports or companies. Why would this be different for developers?
Apart from that I'm very optimistic for the Fenix AND GSX, but for different reasons as pointed out.

Oh and why do you point out that GSX has already taken our money? Did you not pay for the Fenix? That's a strange argument.

So veterdan developers are allowed to release broken products and fix them later yet newer devs don't deserve that privilige? I Guess that model makes sense when I look at AAA dev studios nowadays lol.

How about all developers release products without crippling bugs/flaws at launch? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UltimateAntic said:

So veterdan developers are allowed to release broken products and fix them later yet newer devs don't deserve that privilige? 

Most definitely yes. There's a thing called track record. Your bank will use it when approving a loan and it will even determine the cost of your loan.

While nobody, developer included, is interested in releasing a so-called "broken product", the track record of a given developer ( Umberto in this case) will show that when that does happen, it will eventually be fixed rather promptly.

Developers with no previous record are more of an enigma and the burden of proof is on their shoulders.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UltimateAntic said:

So veterdan developers are allowed to release broken products and fix them later yet newer devs don't deserve that privilige? I Guess that model makes sense when I look at AAA dev studios nowadays lol.

Where exactly did I say such thing? Apart from that: It's not about what devs are "allowed", it's about what people think the dev will do. If you know dev 1 has always fixed all his bugs, you will be much more forgiving for bugs. If you don't know if dev 2 will ever fix his bugs (because you have no experience with him), you will be more suspicious. That's basic human behaviour, I'm just explaining it how it is, not how I'd like it. I'd like all products to be released bug-free, yes, we can agree on that at least.

19 hours ago, micstatic said:

The biggest problem with the fenix is it’s precluded from working with external cockpit hardware. 

What is "external cockpit hardware"? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ha5mvo said:

Yeow!!!   $1500 for make believe controls...  LOL....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is "external cockpit hardware"? 

Functional replicas of MCP, MCDU, Overhead panel, Radio panels, etc.

Basically, knobs, switches, dials and buttons.

Skalarki, CPFlight and formerly GoFlight are prime manufacturers for home use.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes. However, if realism is the name of the game, the immersion is dialled up several notches by having them, rather than using a mouse to click.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

A level-D sim is much more than 1500 for a make-believe airplane.

a strange remark coming from a make believe captain...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UltimateAntic said:

So veterdan developers are allowed to release broken products and fix them later

Aerosoft and orbxs have been doing this for the last 5 years.   Nothing new there. 

14ppkc-6.png

Yep. Flight sim hardware isn’t for everyone. I get that. And certainly I agree it’s niche. But for me it’s my setup. I still love the fenix. But it’s a bummer to have to part with hardware that just worked in fslabs. Using a mouse sucks when you haven’t had to really use it for a few years 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

also. Go on skalarki web site and look around. Hardly looks make believe does it?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 8/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, Fiorentoni said:

Now however they have an obligation to their paying customers

No they don't. As long as there are no game breaking bugs within the product, they don't owe anyone anything.

17 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

I find it funny how many of you are creating excuses and are showing extreme partiality to the developers of GSX, but the same people are crying foul for even the slightest errors in the Fenix a320.

The developer of GSX willingly released a broken product, that’s fundamentally flawed and is causing CTD’s, and has also already taken your money. But you folks are willing to let it slide because of the reputation of the developers. Maybe I’m whining, or maybe I simply am not willing to accept substandard paid products anymore.

Aamir and the devs at Fenix released arguably one of the best addons in flight sim history as their very first product, and their next updates indicate a complete overhaul of areas which have bugs, instead of band-aid updates. The way Aamir communicates with the community indicates passion, commitment to product success, very good project management skills, and a serious eye for detail. I have more faith in the Fenix team than any other. Maybe they make announcements less often than we’d like, but if that time is spent on development, I’m completely fine with that trade. 

Well,  It appears this post didn’t age well.  

“Patience is a virtue”

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

15 minutes ago, Poppingcork said:

Well,  It appears this post didn’t age well.  

“Patience is a virtue”

How do you figure?