Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

Proflight 2000 Emulator coming : realistic ATC for FSX and Fs9 ! !

>Dave saw first prices of 19 and 23 the figures after decimal I>don't know exactly...>So I was surprised to see the increase :(Same here, so your not going crazy, Andr

I too saw the lower prices but I'm wondering if they represented pounds as opposed to dollars? Could explain it.Ian.

Prices were always in Pounds. I thought 19.99 and 24.99 respectively and I thought this was normal because I know Dave has always been UK based. 24.99 in GBP is about $49.99 right now...I think the confusion is that for some reason the currency is now showing USD instead of GBP but prices are the same. Hence the confusion from Dave :)Just my .02 sorry for speaking for you Dave.How about a review from someone???-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

It works like, well, like ProFlight2000 which was already reviewed years ago. Just now you can enjoy it with the graphics ability, AI traffic and higher detailed aircraft with fully functional VC's of FS2004/FSX. Sounds great and works like a charm for the flights I have tried out. Now if we could only mate VoxATC with ProFlight2000 that would be a perfect virtual world ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks Zane,That's all I needed going to load her up now and see how it works out,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Dave March

No it wasn't done without me knowing and the confusion was caused by me attempting not to confuse anyone.Originally I put the prices on the website in GBP. I then realised the E-Commerce system I was going to use only handled USD so I then changed them to USD.Sorry about the confusionCheersDave March

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_dev.jpgEmail:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

I can give a small review based upon one short flight this morning. The cliff note is: The program works as advertised! There are a few small things I will need to adjust too, but overall it is a very good program.I had an initial problem compiling a flight plan. It is a bit confusing judging by the number of other simmers making the same mistake. Basically, the compiler will work with any FSbuild created flight plan straight away. Any flight plan created by FS and saved, as FS2000/FS2004 must be converted. The conversion is very fast.You can then select a converted or Fsbuild plan and prepare it for compiling. There are several options including Pilot voice preference, Airline, equipment, heavy etc. Once you are happy with the settings hit the compile button. That process is very quick also. Now, start PF2K, select the adventure, connect with FS and away you go. I am running PFE on a client via FSwide. The whole process of selecting a flight plan, converting (if necessary), flight settings and compiling can be done in a couple minutes. Tops. :)The actual ATC works just fine and the flow of events from initial check-in with ground to the arrival tower is smooth. I flew the ATR-500 (with FScrew) from KPDX to KSEA with Ultimate traffic at 90% (FS9 obviously) and they coexist nicely. None of the add-on ATC's (as far as know) will interact with in-flight traffic. It does pay attention to ground traffic. ATC turned me late for the ILS but then corrected. As a first look I am very satisfied. My decision to purchase was heavily influenced by the use of the Flight One wrapper. Good decision Dave! I assume it carries the standard 30-day money back guarantee, but I don't see that happening. Please remember this is based upon one short flight. Have fun!Bob..

About the E-Commerce system, will it be available on SimMarket as well? I prefer that site to the wrapper system. I got FDC Live Cockpit there as well. ;-)

Mike...

Hi Mike,I'm not a Flight One salesman, (although I am probably a line item in their budget :))but don't you have to pay SimMarket extra to keep your download alive for just 1 year? And they have never offered a 30 day money back guarantee. Every thing I have purchased from Flight One over the last 7 years is available for immediate downloading. It is frustrating to lose a backup then go to SimMarket and find out your link is not longer valid or the purchase has disappeared completely. Bob...

>Thanks Zane,>That's all I needed going to load her up now and see how it>works out,>-PaulReady to write that review Paul?Cheers,Andr

André

Guess it depends on one's preference. I've never lost a backup nor have I ever wanted to return a product. I have some wrapper files - for stuff not available elsewhere - and the system's okay, but I prefer SimMarket. I can pay by bank transfer - I live in Europe, which doesn't cost either of us. One account, everything's in one place. Almost every product I've ever been interested in is available there, the most well known programs as well, so I assume there is money to be made by offering it there. ;-)

Mike...

Guest mikealpha

Just wondering, does PFE use the same (FAA style ?) phraseology all over the world? Or does it use European phraseology in Europe ?Mike

Is there a video or demo of Proflight 2000 in action? I'm torn between getting Proflight or RC4. I like the regional accents of Proflight but the AI interaction of RC4. I noticed however that proflight has interaction on the ground and approach. Does this mean you'll hear the proper airlines that you'll see taxing around you conversing with the ATC? A comparison video would be of great help. Thanks.