Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

1 minute ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yeah, that linked file isn't working, which is why I asked the user to share the file from his working installation.

Oh ok

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

My reaction after reading just the topic title: bummer, it's out and I won't be able to get it before saturday...!!!

My reaction after reading the topic: ah, well, I don't mind waiting a while...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, tup61 said:

My reaction after reading just the topic title: bummer, it's out and I won't be able to get it before saturday...!!!

My reaction after reading the topic: ah, well, I don't mind waiting a while...

😄 

Yeah, it's a bit of a cluster at the moment.

The issue seems to be something to do with the incorrect file version being downloaded by the installer, so it should clear up in a little while, but it's funny right now. The poor developer(s) are probably frantically trying to reset Cloudflare caches or something like that right about now, and they are clearly stressed out - their support forum responses are getting rather terse!

Ah whatever, it's a niche piece of software and caching is hard to get right - if Microsoft screwed up like this I'd be mad (and they have!), but I'll cut a small dev team a lot more slack than a trillion dollar corp.

In my humble opinion, if you are an old P3D user, you won't be too bothered by it. Just restart the couatl from the systray and keep going, but if you're new to the GSX then you can get disappointed at times.

Edited by rutra

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

10 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

You mind sharing the bglmanx_fsdt.dat with me? It should be in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager directory, if you used the GSX Installer defaults

Maybe a restart also did help. On a second, third or fourth try it didn't work because it also seems to clash with the Fenix app. I have never seen the Fenix app loading twice but now it does. Besides missing textures I also saw a default catering truck and the pushback had connected to the GPU cart.

For tonight I had enough of this.

3 minutes ago, rutra said:

In my humble opinion, if you are an old P3D user, you won't be too bothered by it. Just restart the couatl from the systray and keep going, but if you're new to the GSX then you can get disappointed at times.

There is no coualti in the sys tray.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

There is no coualti in the sys tray.

I have it, but restarting does nothing - right click restart, or restarting from the exe directly. 

Its here, mate

S211sA4.png

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

2 minutes ago, rutra said:

Its here, mate

S211sA4.png

Nope...lol, it's not there.  Also the installer hangs on anything, and I have to close using the task manager.  If I re-start the installer it gives an unhandled exception error while trying to update.  I'm going to try a re-boot and see if it kicks in.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Where is the manual stored? I cannot find it.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just now, espent said:

Where is the manual stored? I cannot find it.

Addon Manager folder: /couatl/GSX/GSX_manual_MSFS.pdf

• Like 1

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

Just saw one of the preview videos. So cool!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

GSX with the FSL A321 was one of the most immersive experiences I have had in flight sim. I hope they can up the magic factor with the Fenix in MSFS.

• Like 6

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

23 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

I have it, but restarting does nothing - right click restart, or restarting from the exe directly. 

There's nothing to restart.  the only open is the installer

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)