Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

I do not like how the GSX menu keeps closing all the time. I popped it out to a separate window, but still I need to go to the top bar menu to reopen every time.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just now, abrams_tank said:

So if you have purchased GSX, please let us know if it is working with airports purchased from the MSFS marketplace that weren't made by FSDreamTeam. Thanks!

There wasn't need to wait for someone to find out: we explained this a while ago.

They can't be read by GSX, which of course is not news, since they can't be read by Little Nav Map or any other similar utility that needs data from the airport so, I'm fairly sure those issues were known long before GSX.

The short-term workaround, is to ask the developer to provide with just the airport file ( the "AFCAD", so to speak ) in an unencrypted form. It's a file which is completely useless without the whole package, so it's something they shouldn't be worried sharing in public. If you place the .BGL in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder, the same place as custom airport profiles, the simulator will ignore it completely, but GSX will use it.

The long-term solution would be, after SU10 goes out of beta, we'll have a look at a new API which has been added to it and it's supposed to allow reading the airport data through Simconnect so, assuming it works to specs, it has all the data we need, and it performs well, we'll eventually integrate it in GSX, so the issue will eventually go away in the future.

• Like 15

I have the GSX button in the in game panel but when i click it it says COUATL scripting engine hasnt started.

UPS123.png

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

There wasn't need to wait for someone to find out: we explained this a while ago.

They can't be read by GSX, which of course is not news, since they can't be read by Little Nav Map or any other similar utility that needs data from the airport so, I'm fairly sure those issues were known long before GSX.

The short-term workaround, is to ask the developer to provide with just the airport file ( the "AFCAD", so to speak ) in an unencrypted form. It's a file which is completely useless without the whole package, so it's something they shouldn't be worried sharing in public. If you place the .BGL in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder, the same place as custom airport profiles, the simulator will ignore it completely, but GSX will use it.

The long-term solution would be, after SU10 goes out of beta, we'll have a look at a new API which has been added to it and it's supposed to allow reading the airport data through Simconnect so, assuming it works to specs, it has all the data we need, and it performs well, we'll eventually integrate it in GSX, so the issue will eventually go away in the future.

Ahh, cool, thanks for the explanation!  I have some airports from the MSFS marketplace.  I'll wait for your update that uses the new API!  Cheers!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, espent said:

I do not like how the GSX menu keeps closing all the time. I popped it out to a separate window, but still I need to go to the top bar menu to reopen every time.

Yes!

A shortcut would be very helpful!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, rfelger said:

I have the GSX button in the in game panel but when i click it it says COUATL scripting engine hasnt started.

Please DO NOT post support questions here on Avsim. The only result you'll achieve, is to slow down support for YOU and *everybody else*, because I would need to check several places at once. Only post on the proper section of the GSX support forum,

Decided to undelete my original post, after several others are facing the same issue:

I've just installed it on my Windows 10 system and whenever I load the FSDT Installer and try to interact with the GSX product options (re-link/Deactivate/Uninstall etc) I get a crash in the app, giving an unhandled exception error related to Couatl_Updater2...

After restarting the app, I saw that GSX had apparently changed to "linked", but I still get crashes.

In the game the GSX menu item is present but when I click it I get, "COUATL SCRIPTING ENGINE HASN'T STARTED".

Edited by Redge

Looks like it was taken down again? The purchase button says the product doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Looks like it was taken down again? The purchase button says the product doesn't exist.

works for me

1 minute ago, steve 86 said:

works for me

Hm works fine on browser other than Chrome

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Please DO NOT post support questions here on Avsim. The only result you'll achieve, is to slow down support for YOU and *everybody else*, because I would need to check several places at once. Only post on the proper section of the GSX support forum,

excuse me, ill post whatever i want here, thanks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

UPS123.png

Yeah it's not working for me either. COUATL Scripting Engine not started - even though I can see that COUATL is running in the taskbar and task manager. Tried running it as Admin, no change. 

I have tried to create an account at the official support forum, but they have a manual approval process so I guess I have to wait to post there.

Quite a few people are reporting this same issue. I hope it's a quick and easy fix!

3 minutes ago, rfelger said:

excuse me, ill post whatever i want here, thanks.

Lol…………

I’m so glad I’m developing enterprise software and there are no customers. 

Edited by MySound
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yeah it's not working for me either. COUATL Scripting Engine not started - even though I can see that COUATL is running in the taskbar and task manager. Tried running it as Admin, no change. 

I have tried to create an account at the official support forum, but they have a manual approval process so I guess I have to wait to post there.

Quite a few people are reporting this same issue. I hope it's a quick and easy fix!

COUATL Scripting Engine not started same here, hope someone finds a fix 

18 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Same