Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

There is a button that does exactly this! "Exclude 3rdparty" it is called and works perfectly for me. There's no need for double jetways anywhere.

Marketplace airports however do not work at all at the moment for encryption reasons, this is unrelated to jetways.. There is however a workaround (the dev just needs to send you one file).

completely missed my point but ok 

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

There is however a workaround (the dev just needs to send you one file).

I do think this is a bit of a ridiculous workaround and I doubt developers will want thousands of individuals emailing them looking for this file. Why doesn't FSDreamteam reach out to airport developers to request the files, and then either include the files in an update or have them available on the FSDreamteam website for download? I am sure most developers would happily provide this especially if it means they don't have to answer individual emails.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

This product ain't cheap and I don't want to be spending time setting up planes. 

There are too many issues anyway for me to even think about making a purchase right now.

You don't want to spend time setting up planes? Wow, your five minutes must be super valuable!

GSX was one of the most popular addons in P3D and is hugely versatile...useable at all airports and with all (as far as I'm aware) aircraft.  

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 minute ago, KL Oo said:

You don't want to spend time setting up planes? Wow, your five minutes must be super valuable!

GSX was one of the most popular addons in P3D and is hugely versatile...useable at all airports and with all (as far as I'm aware) aircraft.  

Thank you for your input. I've never had GSX or even P3D so I wouldn't know but I'll take your word for it. 

Have a nice day.

7 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

completely missed my point but ok 

You wrote: "its a shame there isnt a button what disables gsx to not place any of there jetways in the sim, 3rd part or default "

I answered: "There is a button to do exactly this"

Now how in the world did I miss your point?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Pretty much whatever I real in manual doesn't work as described. I absolutely clueless how this program suppose to work LOL

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

That screenshot clearly shows a problem with the aircraft: door too small. 

Edited by gb09f

3 minutes ago, gb09f said:

That screenshot clearly shows a problem with the aircraft: door too small. 

It's the -600, there is no config file for it yet, that's why the stairs don't know where the doors are (as for the amount of stairs: I think some are hardcoded scenery objects). So he either has to do it himself 5 minutes or just wait a couple of days for FSDT to deliver it with an update.

3 minutes ago, gb09f said:

That's clearly a problem with the aircraft : not enough doors. 

Yeah, if you read here the 737-6 ( i assume this is one ) is not set up in GSX, you have to do that setup manually within GSX.

I think this is why this happens what we seen with this screen shot..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

This product ain't cheap and I don't want to be spending time setting up planes. 

There are too many issues anyway for me to even think about making a purchase right now.

You're kidding, right? How spoiled can you get?

You're seriously gonna hold off, buying a product, like this just because your specific addon airplane is missing the configuration to interface with it, instead of just spending the 5-10 minutes it would take to setup, using the builtin editor?

Considering how much work, effort and time, which have gotten into making this product and how Umberto and FSDreamTeam constantly are sending out updates and support (for free I might add), I think it's a little extreme, that you're apparently are expecting, that the software also must include configuration files for various addons - especially taken into account, that the software has an easy way of making your own configurations. 

If this really is the attitude you're taking going forward; then I assume you're going to run into a lot of disappointing moments.

Anyway - to each their own.

P.s -- Also, could check flightsim.to or AVSIM's filelibrary for user configurations.

• Like 6

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

10 minutes ago, anden145 said:

You're kidding, right? How spoiled can you get?

Why are you so rude and aggressive? What on earth prompted you to act this way. I see where you're going with this so I won't bite.

You have a nice day now and mind how you go.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Pink textures indicate a missing texture -> failed install. I suggest the following:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

As for why default EDDN is loading - this has nothing to do with GSX. GSX does not affect what airports are loaded, actually GSX does not change anything in the community folder at all.

Indeed it looks like that even with no error shown on the install or download process it was a broken install from one hour ago. Did the clear approach again (even some remains of the old p3d install cleaned that way) and looking better now. No missing textures and obvious errors in the debug window now.

With the default EDDN loaded I did not mean the airport in sim. I was referring to the message in the couatl debug window. It states

"Loading airport EDDN from \\?\E:\MSFS Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0601\APX50140.bgl"

So I would assume its getting the positions stuff etc from that file as I would think it should take the info from the flightbeam one in the comm folder. That could lead to problems were a bigger mismatch between default layout and 3rd party layout is in place. But I need to test a bit more with other airports. At least in EDDN it loaded up all fine now and the services were doing its job as expected and known from p3d in the past. Only the pushback nose to the right ended in the green. So like in the discussion we had in the other thread with the "90% it will work all the time" started with a very first pushback from Gate15 at EDDN with nose to the right failed... 😉

Cheers T.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

Edited by Torsen

11 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Why are you so rude and aggressive? What on earth prompted you to act this way. I see where you're going with this so I won't bite.

Instead of blaming all giving you an answer or reacting on your statement, you might do what intelligent people usually do: self reflection. If several people (with quiet some experience here on avsim) give the same answer and get several upvotes and likes for their answer, it MIGHT be worth thinking about... Just as an idea. But of course, you can also be offended and accuse others being rude and aggressive. Your choice...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

I do think this is a bit of a ridiculous workaround and I doubt developers will want thousands of individuals emailing them looking for this file. Why doesn't FSDreamteam reach out to airport developers to request the files, and then either include the files in an update or have them available on the FSDreamteam website for download? I am sure most developers would happily provide this especially if it means they don't have to answer individual emails.

I agree with you, but I think devs don't want (for legal reasons) FSDreamteam to offer downloads with their files. I do think however that most devs will just put that file on their homepage and we will all be able to download it in a week or two.
In P3D most devs tried to arrange themselves with GSX because they knew people would buy their airport more likely when they knew that it was integrated well with GSX. I guess we will see the same thing on MSFS, if GSX sells as well here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m really thankful right now that I don’t think I’ve picked up any of my numerous addon airports from the marketplace!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, Tailwinds said:

Ah,..if it doesn't yet support the PMDG 737-600 then I'll have to hold off purchasing this product. My main purpose of wanting GSX Pro was to use it with my PMDG B736.

As a previous user of GSX for P3D, I can tell that you can always configure any aircraft for GSX use following the instructions contained in the GSX product manual. It's an easy task.

Why I don't understand very well is why having not too much airliners available yet in MSFS not all of them are already included in GSX Pro at this point of release. I think we are talking about the PMDG B737-700, -600, the Maddog MD-80, the CRJ's (4 of them), the A320 (FBW and Fenix) and the defaults B787 and B747 (they barely reach 10, I guess).

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers