Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

Black Box BN-2 Islander updated.

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

For that, the cockpit panel is much improved in V2.0 so a "hybrid" version is what I will be flying, at least for now.. 🙂

You convinced me to try this one using V1.7, so I'll at least try your hybrid trick on this one.
I don't own this plane yet, but I almost bought it the other day.

Sounds like a whole lot of bouncy bounce excitement 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

10 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I don't own this plane yet, but I almost bought it the other day.

I first saw this plane at St Barts and wanted to try flying it ever since..  Definitely has personality 😉

Bert

I *love* the Islander - it's so full of character - and I've always thought BBS did an excellent job of it. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants something other than the flashy executive props.

I didn't notice anything drastically different in the 2.0 flight model - but will give it another try now. I certainly wasn't aware of excessive bobbing up and down (with or without autopilot). Does MSFS model terrain/ground effect? I notice a lot of turbulence when flying over mountains (even in "Clear Skies"). Could your bobbing be that?

On a sidenote, I see the variants are now split into different models in the file structure, so all my old community liveries (PAX) need tweaking. Does anyone here know what edits need to be made? I tried all sorts of things but realised I was simply out of my depth (!).

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

My problem was excessive yaw, I didn't notice much difference with pitch control. I don't do much Auto Pilot flying, most flying I do is hand fly. It seemed to require the same minimal pressure either up or down. I have to admit, I do use the provided joystick app on some planes and I may have done that with the Kodiak, just can't remember without checking. I just can't abide with a fairly stable plane that wallows around in the sky at cruise, like an 18 foot bass boat traveling at 8 to 10 knots.

Is every body within this thread using DX12? Which is what I'm using. I might change back to DX11 and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

Is every body within this thread using DX12? Which is what I'm using. I might change back to DX11 and see if that makes a difference.

I think everyone with AMD cards is still basically stuck on DX 11, so since I have an AMD 6900xt, I have to use DX 11. That's the disadvantage and risk of AMD, but overall it works fine in the sim otherwise. I do have some dev mode issues, but starting to doubt it's my GPU for the dev mode stability, instead I think it's some BGL or material issue I need to track down.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

And as usual, no update yet in marketplace, Thanks asobo/microsoft

On the official forum the developers reckon approx 2 weeks lag for the marketplace release. 😞

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

3 hours ago, GaryK said:

On the official forum the developers reckon approx 2 weeks lag for the marketplace release. 😞

Thanks for noting this - I've been trying to find it on the Marketplace.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

3h

It will take them approx 2 weeks to integrate it to the Marketplace
Edited by GaryK

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks for noting this - I've been trying to find it on the Marketplace.

I just double checked and sadly it's true (as above). Bit of a downer but worth waiting for.

Edited by GaryK

Bummer - folks who bought it elsewhere are already flying the new version. I don't understand why it should take that long to get it in the Marketplace.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I don't understand why it should take that long to get it in the Marketplace.

Microsoft want to test everything to see that it installs OK and doesn't display weapons...so it has to go into the queue for them to get around to it.
They don't test for anything useful like it being functional or worth the money sadly...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

Microsoft want to test everything to see that it installs OK and doesn't display weapons...so it has to go into the queue for them to get around to it.
They don't test for anything useful like it being functional or worth the money sadly...

There's also a suggestion they have problem with staffing over the summer months leading to more delays getting store content made available.

anybody worked out how you change the panel colour?  Apparently there are 3 to choose from.

2 hours ago, Millingp said:

anybody worked out how you change the panel colour?  Apparently there are 3 to choose from.

If you look at aircraft.cfg, you'll see there are around half a dozen different panels/colours assigned to different aircraft. I tried loading each one to test, but didn't see any difference. Maybe it's W.I.P.?

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png