Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Give Reshade a try if you have been reluctant!

13 minutes ago, mikethe6th said:

I'm wanting to give this a go, but when I launch ReShade, MSFS isn't in the list and if I try and browse to the MSFS exe location, I'm getting hit with a protected folder alert. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aha, I think the answer I'm looking for is Reshade for UWP.

9 hours ago, Pete165 said:

Can I use Reshade while also using the Map Enhancement mod?  It seems both require using their own launcher?

Yes

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 8/6/2023 at 6:13 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

I would advise to download FinalLight filter for ReShade.  Nothing to configure just select it, but it makes MSFS lighting and colours very natural, better than I managed myself!  I now only have FinalLight!

Thank you. 

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Does all this require also solving the square root of 3?   😉

Yeah, I have just started using Nvidia again for changing the looks of the sim. Reshade was nothing but headaches for me. I'd rather just jump in and fly.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Yeah, I have just started using Nvidia again for changing the looks of the sim. Reshade was nothing but headaches for me. I'd rather just jump in and fly.

Reshade, in my experience has always been a waste of time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The installation just annoyed me. I have my MSFS on a separate drive so basically most of the installation guides don't make sense to me. Reshade works flawlessly for virtually all of my other games/simulators etc.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Really?  It only easy to install and it only needs a couple of filters.  'FinaLight' corrects the colour balance. Some may not need it, but I also like to boost (the now corrected colours) saturation a touch.  Never need to touch it again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

ReShade is easy to install and use (unless you decide to go with locked down MS store versions of games, of course), plus it makes a world of difference when you're dialed in, especially when you have a sim like MSFS that has an awful green tint naturally. Hand on heart, I wouldn't even be flying MSFS without ReShade, because I find the default tones and look to be kinda washed out and poorly tinted.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

ReShade is easy to install and use (unless you decide to go with locked down MS store versions of games, of course), plus it makes a world of difference when you're dialed in, especially when you have a sim like MSFS that has an awful green tint naturally. Hand on heart, I wouldn't even be flying MSFS without ReShade, because I find the default tones and look to be kinda washed out and poorly tinted.

Agreed.  FinalLight has nothing to configure, just select it then forget it. 

Is reshade easy to install and to uninstall if I were to test it out? 

Does it mess up the sim? 

Paul Wain

I'm in the minority here and appear to have a wider issue as any time I've tried to apply ReShade (or that matter, even an nvidia Filter), MSFS just crashes. Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the root cause?

8 hours ago, Sethos said:

ReShade is easy to install and use (unless you decide to go with locked down MS store versions of games, of course), 

I'd love to use Reshade with MSFS but I've got the Store version. 

....I'll put my hands up and admit I'm an word not allowed but installation for this seems to involve alchemy,  sacrificing chickens, etc....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I'd love to use Reshade with MSFS but I've got the Store version. 

....I'll put my hands up and admit I'm an word not allowed but installation for this seems to involve alchemy,  sacrificing chickens, etc....

Ah right so if you have the store version you cant use reshade?

Paul Wain

11 minutes ago, paulwain said:

Ah right so if you have the store version you cant use reshade?

Yes you can, I have the store  version and reshade works fine, just follow the previous install instructions and as others have said try final light.

Mick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mickatmian said:

Yes you can, I have the store  version and reshade works fine, just follow the previous install instructions and as others have said try final light.

Mick

What install instructions do you mean? Anything I need to do specifically? 

Paul Wain