Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ for P3DV4/5

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, bofhlusr said:

Sorry, but why would developers such as PMDG, Milviz, Flysimware and others invest in developing and sell programs for MSFS?

It's simple: money. Here there is no room for analysis of what is better, but how many potential customers will buy the product. Pure business

9 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

It's simple: money. Here there is no room for analysis of what is better, but how many potential customers will buy the product. Pure business

Well another factor is that I am unconvinced by experience with MSFS that it is truly the future simming platform.😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

On 11/22/2022 at 10:55 PM, newtie said:

Add me to that list. ☺️

Suspect many more but they may wish to remain anonymous for the next little while....😎

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

16 hours ago, chapstick said:

RIP Eaglesoft I guess https://www.eaglesoftdg.com/

And what exactly do you see there, on this confusing website ???

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

References to 32-bit FSX and P3D suggest they have not created anything for 64-bit P3D.

And scroll down to the bottom of the main page where the Copyright date is 2002. 21 years ago! 😳

If they’re serious about creating aircraft for the current version of P3D they could start by updating their website.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

References to 32-bit FSX and P3D suggest they have not created anything for 64-bit P3D.

And scroll down to the bottom of the main page where the Copyright date is 2002. 21 years ago! 😳

If they’re serious about creating aircraft for the current version of P3D they could start by updating their website.

Ah ok, I understand :-)
However, this is also not necessarily a product I was waiting for (No Navigraph, but Real Nav....)

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Well, when I checked it yesterday it was down. In any case, I still think Eaglesoft is dead.

2 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

Ah ok, I understand 🙂
However, this is also not necessarily a product I was waiting for (No Navigraph, but Real Nav....)

It was directed more towards the developers one of whom has posted in this topic.

Some clarity on their plans is best shown on their website.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, chapstick said:

Well, when I checked it yesterday it was down. In any case, I still think Eaglesoft is dead.

This is a tough biz for everyone. I suspect there are only so many coders, gauge programmers and texture artists to go around. The good ones are currently working for the highest bidder. Everyone else, hurry up and wait.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:41 AM, chapstick said:

Up for me, along with their forum !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 5/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, newtie said:

This is a tough biz for everyone. I suspect there are only so many coders, gauge programmers and texture artists to go around. The good ones are currently working for the highest bidder. Everyone else, hurry up and wait.

To quote Mark Twain: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" or premature.... Same holds true for Eaglesoft....😎

Newtie is correct:" To be sure the pool of talented coders, programmers, and other artist capable of contributing to team project efforts has been shrinking over recent times. We suspect that scenario will continue going forward resulting in either affiliative and/or collaborative efforts on various platforms and/or teams. Another interesting trend among flight simulation enthusiasts on any of the platforms is to attempt to keep cost down and quality up. Quite the challenge these days as it were....😎

Another aspect is those who prefer a given platform, DB, or development house being vocally abusive towards those who are not of said platform, DB, or development house.

Nevertheless we shall continue to develop for 64 Bit ESP Based Platforms until such affiliative and/or collaborative efforts on various platforms are presented for consideration.😎

Edited by N400QW
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

3 hours ago, N400QW said:

To quote Mark Twain: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" or premature.... Same holds true for Eaglesoft....😎

Newtie is correct:" To be sure the pool of talented coders, programmers, and other artist capable of contributing to team project efforts has been shrinking over recent times. We suspect that scenario will continue going forward resulting in either affillitative and/or collaborative efforts on various platforms and/or teams. Another interesting trend among flight simulation enthusiasts on any of the platforms is to attempt to keep cost down and quality up. Quite the challenge these days as it were....😎

Another aspect is those who prefer a given platform, DB, or development house beings vocally abusive towards those who are not of said platform, DB, or development house.

Nevertheless we shall continue to develop for 64 Bit ESP Based Platforms until such affillitative and/or collaborative efforts on various platforms are presented for consideration.😎

Word salad... I still can't tell if ESDG is a functional development team that plans to release a product in the near future. 

27 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Word salad... I still can't tell if ESDG is a functional development team that plans to release a product in the near future. 

"Nevertheless we shall continue to develop for 64 Bit ESP Based Platforms..."  Hmm, what part of this is not understood?

In addition the 64 Bit XLS+ is near end of Beta Testing and will be forthcoming when completed.

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png